Fireplace

Hey, so this is arguably stupid, and it may not be a bug, but I was wondering if there was a way to make the light shine out evenly from my fireplace ? Just a little thing which bothers me. No rush on a fix if there will be one though, just some little thing

Thanks!
I was fairly sure that the light from the fireplace comes out in a cone, you have a torch in one corner though so you are lighting one end of it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The light does come out in a cone, but the cone is like shifted over to the side. I was wondering if there was any way to make it shift back

edit: Also there is torch on both ends, not just one but you can see the cone of light from the fireplace is off slightly
Last edited by BadBuild on Sep 29, 2015, 6:18:58 PM
I've let the relevant development team members know about this issue now. They may be able to change it in the future hopefully. Sorry for the hassle in the meantime!
I can now confirm that this is in the queue to get fixed, but it might take quite some time before it trickles through to the live realm.
Hey sorry forgot i made the thread, thanks a lot! :D As i said, its not a big issue but it would be nice if the cone was correct.
Thanks again
It turns out this screenshot was taken with shadows turned off, which will cause the stones at the side to let light through them quite a lot further to the side. With default shadow settings it always looked "correct" with it coming out relatively straight.

We adjusted the angle of the spot light to make it work a little bit better on low settings, but as a general rule various light weirdness is expected when shadows are turned off. In this case for example you'd be able to see that the light is a round cone rather than having the edge be irregular by the stones at the side of the fireplace.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Oh i didnt think about shadows, thanks for that though guys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info