[2.1] How to BM Crit Flame Totem - HC/SC - Up to 100k Tooltip Dps

GG gear.

Still don't like BM.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
Kulika23 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply..
I didn't realize blood dance wouldn't work. Having to self cast frenzy charges doesn't seem ideal, I 100% agree with your assessment about manual power charges in your original post. I'm all about the "feel" of the build.

I also didn't realize that a fully reserved mana pool would cause the ill effect of mantle, but now that you explained it, it makes sense.

I generally play hardcore (although going to do SC for 1 month so I can test this build on high end content without fear of dying) so I am always prioritizing defence, and plan to play like I am playing HC, which leads me to my next and final question..

I know your build talks about corrupted items with 1+ curses, but in 1 month not sure if that's going to be feasible - how do you feel about speccing into an additional curse on the tree. Would it be worth the extra passives until if/when I get a good corruption? On tempest I have a shock nova call of the brotherhood Templar running level 1 CWDT enfeeble / temp chains and curse on hit with HOT for my offensive curses. I really like the feel of this defensively. I understand with totems I won't be able to COH with herald, but I'll be manually cursing anyway so I could just run a simple arc - COH - assassins mark - flammability.

What's your thoughts on that? Thanks again bud!!

On the Tree I presented I dont see an efficient way to get +1 Curse So i Dont think its worth the points.

Naturally getting the curse corruption going is not neccesarily a thing that you can expect to achieve in a 1month and its more of something to aim for in the long term.

During tempest I went with the Facebreaker settup and didnt bother really trying to corrupt for +1 curses (As I was burning currency like a madman on maps).

Also when it comes to the feel of the build, as a caster you will find it more pleasurable to manual curses. You will cover more area that way. Naturally if you want to go dual curse route you will have probably try some CoH settup but conisder that the time cursing enemies is somewhat in the same boat like keeping power charges up.

You want to really get the best bang for your back if you spend time on anything besides placing totems. If anything Id rather recommend a dual defensive curse settup for the really high and difficult maps because safety becomes the issue and not the clear speed.
That's kinda what I was thinking it wouldn't be worth it. As you stated near the end, the thought of dual curse is more fueled by wanting a defensive dual curse setup. I really liked the CWDT enfeeble and temporal chains, especially for ranged monsters. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Quick question

Would it be worth to lose Shamanistic fury (48%totem dmg+15% placement speed) for Arcane potency (50%crit+30%multi) in a budget build,you can reroute and get it for same number of points.

Cheers
IGN: InvestmentBankerMidget
Time Zone GMT+2
Last edited by SolidusBoss on Oct 1, 2015, 3:15:08 AM
"
SolidusBoss wrote:
Quick question

Would it be worth to lose Shamanistic fury (48%totem dmg+15% placement speed) for Arcane potency (50%crit+30%multi) in a budget build,you can reroute and get it for same number of points.

Cheers

Placement speed is a Rare stat and this build doesnt have a lot of it, so taking it where reasonably possible is highly valuable in my opinion. So no, I dont think its worth it but this is something thats worth testing for yourself so you can feel the impact of it and decide for your own personal taste.
Great guide! (One of the best I've read). Just a few questions. Is it worth it to use a Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask for this build? I know that the leech part wont work (or does it work for totems?) but just popping it would raise dps quite a bit I would think. Or is it just flat out worse than the Diamond Flasks? Other question is if it's worth using a Herald Of Ice or Thunder if I'm playing on softcore league or is it just too big of an HP hit?? Thanks again!
Thanks for the guide.
How much your dps without +1 gem chest and only empower 3? compared with +1 gem adn lv 4 empower

Last edited by xBayoeLx on Oct 2, 2015, 5:39:56 AM
Coming from someone who's kinda new (been playing for couple of months) this guide was a nice read until I got to the part about finding proj speed, dual cursing the part about using the dexterity (makes no sense to me).

So, do we need to go dual curses route? If I go wand & shield I need to wear karui ward, do I have a choice between wand/shield & dual wands or we use both for different situations? I'm just really confused with the whole using facebreaker's and maligaro's. I apoligize beforehand as I'm probaly just confusing myself.
"
Great guide! (One of the best I've read). Just a few questions. Is it worth it to use a Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask for this build? I know that the leech part wont work (or does it work for totems?) but just popping it would raise dps quite a bit I would think. Or is it just flat out worse than the Diamond Flasks? Other question is if it's worth using a Herald Of Ice or Thunder if I'm playing on softcore league or is it just too big of an HP hit?? Thanks again!

The atziri flask is worse per use but can be used more often and if you want together with a diamond flask!

Make your own choice what type of damage cooldown settup you prefer!

I dont think heralds are worth using. Their flat damage component has been nerfed severely in 2.0.

"
Thanks for the guide.
How much your dps without +1 gem chest and only empower 3? compared with +1 gem adn lv 4 empower

The Dps is roughly 8k Lower with a empower lvl 3 instead lvl 4. Going one level lower e.g. no +1 corruption chest and lvl 3, and added chaos becomes better then empower.

"
Coming from someone who's kinda new (been playing for couple of months) this guide was a nice read until I got to the part about finding proj speed, dual cursing the part about using the dexterity (makes no sense to me).

So, do we need to go dual curses route? If I go wand & shield I need to wear karui ward, do I have a choice between wand/shield & dual wands or we use both for different situations? I'm just really confused with the whole using facebreaker's and maligaro's. I apoligize beforehand as I'm probaly just confusing myself.

Rereading that paragraph is honestly I agree that it looks probably a little to confusing.

The basic idea is like you said, is to either go Facebreakers or maligaros. You dont have to think about dual cursing at all for now. You can use a shield or dual wands in both settups BUT, the facebreaker settup will either suffer projectile speed in the shield settup, or the amulett slot (for karui ward) to get to about 70%. It will be cheaper to gear up though, by a lot.

In the Maligaros version you pay more upfront for maligaros AND probably you wand(s) but you can utilize your amulett slot for something else in the damage settup. The extra dexterity on maligaros will also save you probably 1 passive point if you want to use Faster projectiles as a support gem.

From experience as a new Player I recommend you to just use facebreakers in the beginning, get a cheap roll, look out for capped resistences with them, and play with a karui ward for a decent amount of time. Once you feel more comfortable in your skin you can look where to spend your currency for Quality of Life upgrades, and the maligaros settup is sorta classified like one.
"
Rereading that paragraph is honestly I agree that it looks probably a little to confusing.

The basic idea is like you said, is to either go Facebreakers or maligaros. You dont have to think about dual cursing at all for now. You can use a shield or dual wands in both settups BUT, the facebreaker settup will either suffer projectile speed in the shield settup, or the amulett slot (for karui ward) to get to about 70%. It will be cheaper to gear up though, by a lot.

In the Maligaros version you pay more upfront for maligaros AND probably you wand(s) but you can utilize your amulett slot for something else in the damage settup. The extra dexterity on maligaros will also save you probably 1 passive point if you want to use Faster projectiles as a support gem.

From experience as a new Player I recommend you to just use facebreakers in the beginning, get a cheap roll, look out for capped resistences with them, and play with a karui ward for a decent amount of time. Once you feel more comfortable in your skin you can look where to spend your currency for Quality of Life upgrades, and the maligaros settup is sorta classified like one.

Thanks for the tips, cleared alot of things up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info