[2.0] Crit EK Witch /MoM/EB/ZO/AA/Fortify 200% Life 70k DPS

Hi folks, as you know, EK builds are NOT new. But with my version of the build, the scaling is done quite differently.

Firstly, most EK builds start Shadow but I went on and started Witch for the following reasons:

Spell Damage > Physical Damage
Skill will deal strictly Physical and Chaos damage. No elemental or very little.

I chose to deviate from the original Hatred/Added Fire Damage combo that scales very well with EK given it's a Physical gem. But what most people ignore is the fact that much of our elemental damage (about 50% of our total damage) is mostly resisted by mobs with high resists. We do not use any curses or penetration gems to help in anyway. In later levels, almost every pack is resistant to one or multiple elements resulting in guaranteed low effective damage output on your behalf.

It looks pretty to have a fancy number on your tooltip DPS but how is that treated when applied? Very poorly id say.

Having that thought in my mind, I decided to overhaul the build by using Phys and Chaos only. Both of which very little resistant is present to mitigate the damage.

Another thing to have in mind is the fact that EK has a 100% damage effectiveness. In turn, our support gem Added Chaos will be applied at full potential. This setup eliminates elemental reflect as a negative factor to which you could not have dealt with using the elemental version of EK.

Instead of Hatred, we will use Discipline for ES. Instead of Added Fire Damage, we will scale with Added Chaos Damage. Herald of Ice is used to freeze mobs. Yes there will be a little bit of cold damage but it is more of a defensive approach. Those 2 legged birds, who shoots projectiles when slain, are a fucking pain.

Be advised that on paper, it won't have the same DPS as an elemental EK build but it's effectiveness is far beyond that of an elemental EK.

Note: Build is using Frenzy charges with Blood Dance for the ES regen. All mana is reserved Discipline(35%), HoI(25%) and AA(25%).

Core Build

Complete Lvl 100 Build

EK links:
or

Physical Reflect maps: Drop Empower and use Physical to Lightning.

Auras:

Curse Setup:

Movement Setup:

Movement Setup:

CoDT:

Required Gear:

Extremely helpful but not required:

Rest (anything you prefer):

Bandits:

Oak in Normal - 40 HP
Alira in Cruel - 5% Cast Speed
Kraityn in Merciless - Frenzy Charge

Leveling:

Lvl 30

Lvl 50

Lvl 70 at this point you can spec into EB/ZO. Take MoM ONLY IF you have 1.5k es minimum to sustain hits and EK.

Flasks:

Share your opinion about this and if there's something that you think that can be worked on, don't shy. Thanks

Last edited by gtrans on Oct 5, 2015, 11:55:09 AM
Bump.
Interesting take on EK.

What are your other links/utility links be?

what would a 4 link EK and 5 link EK be?

What area would you say to go to first? Shadow or Temp?
Updated the pre-guide to a real guide. If you have anymore questions. Shoot!
What support gems would you recommend to use for EK while levelling?
"
TheDongfather wrote:

Use a Reverberation Rod with EK - Faster Casting - Added Fire Damage as soon as you can equip it. This puts you at a whooping 4L which is extremely potent for early levels. I highly recommend you to get a Karui Ward for better clear speed. Both those uniques cost like 1 chaos.

You can use this setup until you reach level 38 and then you can use a +1 Tabula Rasa and proceed to use 6 linked EK.

EK - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Added Chaos Damage - Faster Projectile - Lvl 3 Empower at lvl 45.

Note: Mana cost for 6L EK is going to be insane and unsustainable. But at the same time, with the amount of damage you will be dealing, most packs are dead with 1 cast.
Last edited by gtrans on Oct 4, 2015, 7:12:05 PM
"
gtrans wrote:
"
TheDongfather wrote:

Use a Reverberation Rod with EK - Faster Casting - Added Fire Damage as soon as you can equip it. This puts you at a whooping 4L which is extremely potent for early levels. I highly recommend you to get a Karui Ward for better clear speed. Both those uniques cost like 1 chaos.

You can use this setup until you reach level 38 and then you can use a +1 Tabula Rasa and proceed to use 6 linked EK.

EK - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Added Chaos Damage - Faster Projectile - Lvl 3 Empower at lvl 45.

Note: Mana cost for 6L EK is going to be insane and unsustainable. But at the same time, with the amount of damage you will be dealing, most packs are dead with 1 cast.

Cheers, appreciate the help
Leveling atm in 1month hc. Just got 38 and swapped ManaLeech for empower. Helps leveling a LOT
What should I use inplace of Empower until I have it?
"
What should I use inplace of Empower until I have it?

Mana leech can help a ton.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info