Guessing game done :)

I remember playing it in CB, back then we had no way of giving totems any resists so they would burn out in a jiffie. Heh, back then you couldn't really do much with totems in general, now there are more passives, jewels and uniques with totem-related manalishi.

I'm putting a chaos orb on the biggest dealbreaker about all this being new ultra-low totem aggro. Back then it was kinda nifty, enemies would get bamboozled by another totem spawning every half a second and just run from one to the other like a decapitated rhoa. Unfortunately, you will probably end up holding hands with them in a nice, little cluster of love and pain :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 28, 2015, 2:02:11 PM
"
raics wrote:
I remember playing it in CB, back then we had no way of giving totems any resists so they would burn out in a jiffie. Heh, back then you couldn't really do much with totems in general, now there are more passives, jewels and uniques with totem-related manalishi.

I'm putting a chaos orb on the biggest dealbreaker about all this being new ultra-low totem aggro. Back then it was kinda nifty, enemies would get bamboozled by another totem spawning every half a second and just run from one to the other like a decapitated rhoa. Unfortunately, you will probably end up holding hands with them in a nice, little cluster of love and pain :)

It was actually the introduction of jewels that sealed the deal for me.

As well as the improved totem nodes.

The act will be in balancing the dps of the totems with a solid EHP character that can endure the pain you speak of with the new aggro system.

@charan, yup no mana cost, funny right for totems? :)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
kreca73 wrote:
have you played it or are just assuming things?

i tested it up to lvl 50 in warbands to see if there is potential and i will explore that potential in the
1-month.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Sep 28, 2015, 2:25:00 PM
meh, i thought some of you know what they're talking about; it's why i wanted to have some feedback exchange goin' on here!.
#raics is more right than any of you could ever imagine; i don't necessarily agree with his reason though. :)
just think of this: for a RF totem to even get to do damage you have to place it, it has to cast the spell then the spell has to do damage. that can easily be 2 full seconds.

Last edited by kreca73 on Sep 28, 2015, 3:21:48 PM
So as a totem rf and rf in general noob:
What do you link to the rf totem? Minion and Totem Ele res seems like a no brainer. Increased burning damage supposedly affects rf. Increased area also seems like a nice idea.

So, this would mean: Spell Totem, Righteous Fire, MaTER, Inc Burn, IAoE - makes it 5. Any good 6th support? Empower comes to mind for that extra life for the spell totem.
Any passives to scale the damage other than the burn nodes? I see that in your tree you hardly take elemental damage or fire damage nodes, and not even totem damage unless a totem life node lies behind that.

I'm also wondering ifn't Carcass Jack would be nice in terms of AoE.

And as a last one: Does concentrated effect do anything for RF? If so, it could be used in place of IAoE for boss fights. Fiery Enema of Death.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I'm also wondering ifn't Carcass Jack would be nice in terms of AoE.

And as a last one: Does concentrated effect do anything for RF? If so, it could be used in place of IAoE for boss fights. Fiery Enema of Death.

Jack would be nice, but he plans to make himself as tanky as possible, as I understand it.

Sure, Conc works, but RF area of effect is already tiny so it's up to personal preference. RF does fire damage over time in an area so any of those damage bonuses work, fire/elemental, DoT, burn, AoE or totem damage.

Last edited by raics on Sep 29, 2015, 3:11:13 AM
Ah, yes. Wasn't sure whether Boem left out the damage nodes because they weren't working. The tree looks like tankiness is the explanation.
Just found out there is this unique shield called Trolltimber Spire that also has inc. AoE. :D
Too bad it was a Tempest only unique, so it won't be too common.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Sep 29, 2015, 6:03:35 AM
- Nr.1 is max AoE. do not even play it if you're planning on an infernal mantle shenanigans. Kaoms is nice for a life based if you can compensate for the AoE loss with a weapon+shield or weap+weap.
- empower only affects active skill gems; spell totem is a support. the only way to increase its lvl is with +to support gems or +to gems
- because of C.Jack you start it hybrid life+ES and because of Redbeak you transition to lowlife
- debuffs are crucial. 2 curses are a must with a 3rd making it even better: ele weak + flamma + vuln. EE on top of that.
- do not plan for and do not use that unique jewel with 3% totem HP per 1 talent point basically. it's incredibly lacking: for 3 talent points invested in 3 +10 str nodes, you get 9% hp. for 3 talent points invested in any 3 point jewel you get 12% totem HP and a potential of 40% increased dmg for RF.
- do not use Minion and Totem Ele res. it's a loss on all counts. purity of fire aura+the totem talent points are enough. the totem kills itself in like 6 sec or so anyway
- use generosity+purity of fire+vitality. the totem will get the increased effect.

(hmm, its all i can think of for now)
So, what would be the best links for RF-Totems?
IAoE, Inc. Burn.; what else.

Also, does anyone know if the inc. burning damage from The Pyre works? At least the "Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill" part does not work - probably because RF does not cause ignition but only burning. Never sure about that one.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Sure, inc burning damage will work as usual. Corpse destroying won't work for two reasons, because RF doesn't inflict ignite status and because damage over time doesn't hit.

spell totem - righteous fire - increased burning - increased AoE (swap with concentrated effect for bosses); that's all i have. you should not link both incAoE and conc effect to RF 'cause you'll just lose time on grinding/farming. swapping should be fine.
for 5L just put your searing bond totem there and it's GG. the dmg from RF totem stacks with searing totem and they share the same supports(you can also put item rarity as a 5th).

if someone knows how to get +to support gems i'm all ears. i thought of some shenanigans with +1 to gems on top of +1 to support form Catharina but i don't know, it seems like a lot of work.
- the searing touch staff is an idea but it is expensive and you're losing some potential defenses
- you can use fire trap as dmg support since you're scaling burning dmg
- fire totem early for leveling
- quartz scepters with +to fire dmg should be pretty op. 20 base ele dmg form quartz and a +30% fire damage from the affix. dual wield those suckers for 100% increased rf dmg and just screw Redbeak.
(and for reference, burning damage gets nothing from +X to +Y flat damage added)

the questions i have is
- what's the best way to curse?, and which skill to use(i'm thinking gere at ice nova but it has such a high cast time).
- is there a way to get frenzy charges?

Edit: for curses, shock nova is better i think 'cause you can maybe get a shock going for 50% more dmg. i'll probably end up using a 5l for cursing :)
Last edited by kreca73 on Oct 1, 2015, 7:18:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info