Guessing game done :)

"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler

Like that?

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes, like that :D
For thy actions, thou shall be cursed, and thy stash tabs shall be forever tangled and
beyond comprehension
Reserve a spot for the Spire Of Stone unique Jewel.
should be awesome for this.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Boem wrote:
Cheers and yeah a tabula with +1 gems is actually the most BiS for this build, partially because you want to push the spell totem itself to a higher level.

And sadly empower doesn't function on it since it's not considered an active gem in the set-up.

It be so wack if it did though x.x

Peace,

-Boem-

Wouldn't an Infernal Mantle with +1 be even better than a tabula? Or a Soulmantle for the +1 totem? With 3 totems you could also place a decoy totem to get the suckers close and then place the RF totems. Or suckwave + rf.
Nice idea - always wanted to use RF but never got round to doing a build.
How long do the totems last?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
johnKeys wrote:
Reserve a spot for the Spire Of Stone unique Jewel.
should be awesome for this.

Look at the passive tree i linked JK :), the jewel slot right under the templars starting position is the best location in the entire passive tree for a spire of stone jewel.

Which is why i take the +10 str nodes there instead of the life regen/mana regen nodes.
(simply to say, yes already taken into consideration and tested :D)

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Wouldn't an Infernal Mantle with +1 be even better than a tabula? Or a Soulmantle for the +1 totem? With 3 totems you could also place a decoy totem to get the suckers close and then place the RF totems. Or suckwave + rf.
Nice idea - always wanted to use RF but never got round to doing a build.
How long do the totems last?

The totems last roughly 4 to 5 seconds, since they self destruct essentially.

This was with a purity of fire, vitality and a totem resistance gem linked to them.(it's funny that this gem is actually quite solid for this build, it increases their survive ability by 1 second, which also increases the damage dealt by that duration)

Also i only did a testrun to like lvl 50 or so, so the gem levels where around lvl 14 if i remember correctly.

As to your other suggestions, you should contemplate how RF deals it's damage and you will understand why your suggestions are not applicable to this build :).

answer
RF deals it's damage based on the health pool of the unit it is burning. Ultimately the health pool of the spell totem is dictated by its level, as such a lvl 14 spell totem(soul mantle) would severely undermine the dps potential even if it granted another totem. An infernal mantle only gives +1 to fire associated gems, spell totem is not a fire gem. And leveling up righteous fire is useless since it does nothing for the dps of this build.

In fact you only require a lvl 1 RF and nothing else.

"
I totally lied.

This gives me the chance to use some mtxes I ordinarily wouldn't, and a name that tickles my 80s Movie Nostalgia bone, which is a mighty femur indeed: ThePillarsOfHeaven.

Loot? LOOT you say? You are not brought upon this world to GET IT, Mr. Burton. Now this really pisses me off to no end!

=) Glad your toying with the concept, it's totally up your alley.

Spoiler
unique game-play = Check
Non-Meta = Check
Fun = Check
New pair of eyes when traveling true wreaclast with this = Check
Gear independent/low budget/easy SF = Check

It's a fucking win if you don't care about clear speed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I totally lied.

This gives me the chance to use some mtxes I ordinarily wouldn't, and a name that tickles my 80s Movie Nostalgia bone, which is a mighty femur indeed: ThePillarsOfHeaven.

Loot? LOOT you say? You are not brought upon this world to GET IT, Mr. Burton. Now this really pisses me off to no end!

+1 internets for the "Big Trouble in Little China" reference.
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
that's my build for 1M.
RF totems; thing is, i'll try to build it for hybrid then transition to low life maybe.
life based has Kaoms so yea, pretty cool too.
"
kreca73 wrote:
that's my build for 1M.
RF totems; thing is, i'll try to build it for hybrid then transition to low life maybe.

Low life has absolutely no impact as far as i can tell on RD totems, they deal a "Damage over time" effect, not spell damage.

And this build is more of a novelty so take that into account.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:
that's my build for 1M.

Low life has absolutely no impact as far as i can tell on RD totems, they deal a "Damage over time" effect, not spell damage.

And this build is more of a novelty so take that into account.

Peace,

-Boem-

i've been testing it in standard for couple days now(have you played with it?; in tests and such?).
i only had a templar to use so i did it life based but the low life is for Redbeak which gives 100% increased dmg on low life. i don't think there's a better weapon for RF totems atm.

Edit: i had another idea for dual totems that was on par with this one for me as far as playing it in the 1M goes.
dual totems, dual novas (shock nova + ice nova), EE, crit and aoe scaling. you'd drop 2 totems one near the other, each with its own nova cast; then one totem would EE for the other and so on :).
it works in theory but in practice the mechanics of ice nova screw you hard.

Edit1: i even did dual totems flameblast this league. it's pretty op :)

Edit2: i'd like to exchange some ideas as far as gearing for it goes 'cause i don't really know much about uniques. i only knew about Readbeak!.
Last edited by kreca73 on Sep 28, 2015, 9:46:53 AM
have you played it or are just assuming things?
Boem man, I think you have created a new meta :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info