Need help with AoF Ice Crash build (and use of unpopular uniques

In this build I would like to use the unique maces Callinellus Malleus and Nycta's Lantern. The build idea is to achieve 100% physical to fire conversion while still able to stun and chill, and to get easy 6L with the offhand Nycta's Lantern.

The passive tree will look like this:
http://poeurl.com/zzB74OE

With Nycta's Lantern, the main skill links will be Ice crash - Hypothermia - Melee Physical (- Cold to fire - Fire pen - Added fire)

What do you guys think about this build? What can be improved and do you think it is worth trying?
Thank you and I appreciate any input to this.
Your plan is not going to work,as according to PoE Wiki about Ice Crash:
"Dual Wielding: When Dual Wielding, only the main hand weapon is used. Left hand can hold a weapon with other benefits than damage, such as Ungil's Gauche"
You can however use the latern as your main weapon,and malleus as offhand - would utilize your weapons better;latern will use all those built-in supports gem while malleus still should add chill for stunning enemies,and also not allowing knock them back.It'll come at considerable DPS loss cost,though.

Also,consider using Hatred aura which will add a percentage-based cold damage to your Ice Crash and what will be subject of further conversion to fire element.
First of all, 116 points is a lot; unless this is a respec I suggest lowering it down to 110-113(level 90) otherwise the tree is fine.

The benefit you're looking for from the build is maximizing fire damage and securing a cheap 6L, nothing wrong with that. But using Callinellus Malleus provides little bonus to you, the whole idea of chilling on stun is nice, but you deal no cold damage. Enemies will be chilled for 0.1 seconds, it doesn't help you besides the stun reduction and mediocre damage it provides(192dps max roll, and it's attack speed is slow).

I'd say good build but aim to get a better main hand mace, something in the 250dps+ range or even a Doryani's Catalyst. And drop Cold to Fire, take BloodMagic gem, and run Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Arctic Armour.

(Also, I suggest more life regen on the build; just my preference, I like life regen.)
IGN: Lil_Crimson
Last edited by Lil_Crimson on Sep 27, 2015, 10:03:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info