Various suggestions (add new, from time to time)

Sometimes when I play and notice "It would be great" "That's what is missing in the game". Here will be small additions I would like to suggest.

I. Communication

1.1) Highlight offline friends without edited note.
And/or add possibility to set various little icons near nickname for fast identification “why he is in my FL?” or "where that guy, which I add for further trading?". We are adding IGN, and then (if player offline) don't know where his account name in friend list, wasting time to move mouse on each offline account, looking for inscription "added as [that guy with IGN]", becouse we need to edit note (write name of item we want to buy, and copy-past him this item name when he will be online).

II. Models, background, story, game atmosphere.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682435

III. Game mechanics, opportunities, craft, skills.

3.1) Runes, "set-items".
You can add "set-items" mechanics from diablo through new "Runes" or "White symbols" craft mechanic. Runes can mark normal/magic/rare items (also uniques, maybe). For balance rune can take the place of one affix. Only one rune can mark an item.
All together the runes of the same type give a bonus when they marked things dressed. Here can be uniques with “cannot be runed” or runes with "cannot applied to unique/rare", "requires two affix slot". Also you can add rare orb, which remove rune from item, and runes with "cannot be removed by Orb of...".

3.2) Survival arena.
It will be fun to see arena in the classic sense, where players must survive against random wave of critters (monsters without loot). Power of monsters will eventually grow up, till players die (leave arena). Players can recive reward (orbs, items, like regular loot) after they die. More time survived and monster killed - more reward. You can add in regular drop a "special item" (multipass lol), which allow player enter the arena.
Background arena in 3 act fits well with this.

IV. Convenient information for player and other.

4.1) Affix information in game.
I customize my item filter, sometimes I crafting good base low level item whites and ID magic when play first characters on league.
Please, make possible to see tier or fast evaluate the affixes I crafted. I mean compared to the best possible affix on this item level. It's annoying when I get something like "+24% Crit multi" and don't know is it best affix on item level 44 or not, and wasting time to check on site. Best way is show this info by analogy with item level: pressing the Alt or any other button - shows info.

4.2) Rename some items, for well work loot filter.
When I make "show" or "hide" block with various base items including "Tricorne" it also affect "Noble Tricorne" and "Sinner Tricorne". I wount split my block with "Tricorne" word to two blocks: [with various items] and other [with "Tricorne" + additional conditions]. For example it can be "Sailor Tricorne" or "Boatswain Tricorne".
Same thing with dagger "Sai" -> "Ninja Sai".

P.S.: If I will lucky enough to get an answer, I will hide under spoiler positions that were answered, and keep add new suggestions.
Last edited by AlexMeamur on Jun 13, 2016, 11:11:18 AM
Last bumped on Sep 16, 2016, 4:15:40 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
^up (+Affix info in game)
Last edited by AlexMeamur on Sep 29, 2015, 1:08:22 AM
^up (+Rename some items, for well work loot filter)
^up
^up (+League icons near nickname in guild chat)
^up (+Survival arena)
^up
^up
Hi

How about GGG finally adds some more end game stuff? Maps just don't cut it alone. High lvl players need a endless descent/ maelstrum of chaos like dungeon that gets harder with each lvl, has treasure rooms back and a better chance of getting maps to drop. That's RIGHT BRING TREASURE ROOMS BACK!!!!!! BRING BACK MAELSTRUM OF CHAOS ENDLESS DUNGEON!!! Please.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Jan 19, 2016, 1:31:55 PM
^up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info