My two cents on the map drops

After two manifestos in rapid succession I think GGG is realizing how bad map drops are hurting the game and it’s willing to take feedback on the topic, so it’s the right time to share my two cents with the community.
I like the general idea of the manifesto: working on the experience rather than on map drops to achieve the right character progression, and I like the idea of increasing a little map drops (obviously!), but there are still two things that itch me.
I’m literally talking about two little tweaks, or rather de-nerfs, that are really necessary in my humble opinion.

The first change that should be reverted is the one about bonus unique monsters (such as Rogue Exiles) not being able to drop maps. This was a perfect example of stupid overnerf that was totally uncalled for: the result is that some strong mobs cannot drop the things players want badly to drop, this is clearly counter-intuitive and unnecessary.
Easy fix: bonus unique monsters should be able to drop maps at least as any other yellow mob in the map. I don’t think this will lead to too much map drops.

The second change that should be reverted is the nerf to Zana dailies. Zana used to open up to level 77 maps when top tier maps were level 78, what is the point of nerfing that when the new top tier is 82? I’m not saying Zana should now open maps up to 81, I’m just saying that 75-77 was good as it was and didn’t need nerfing.
Zana dailies used to be a nice opportunity to join other players in rotations, less lucky or dedicated players could join groups with their dailies and enjoy some higher level maps, it was really nice in my opinion.
Right now Zana dailies are just a hassle, if you have all masters at level 8 you can do more exp and have better drops by running their dailies full-clearing the maps they open (which are level 76!). This is another nerf that was totally uncalled for, having Zana gifting players a meaningful map a day (often sub-par in terms of IIQ) was not gamebreaking and should be restored.
Easy fix: restore Zana dailies to the pre-awakening state. Gifting players one low IIQ map per day will not lead to too much map drops.

I realize these two changes will ultimately result in a slight higher map availability for the players, so this is exactly the right time to consider them (and factor them int the map drop changes)!
Last edited by Martox29A on Sep 25, 2015, 4:58:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
post 2 censts about maps, dont have map log...

Just look at some map logs and you will find out that map drops are fine.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 24, 2015, 11:13:00 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Apparently GGG doesn't agree. Here some interesting information about that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1429674

Besides, me and a guildmate of mine have been keeping logs of the map drops, my guildmate posted the preliminary results here. We still keep that log updated, so technically i have a log, but that's totally unimportant, since GGG agrees that the drops are insufficent (and i guess they have a better log). :D
Last edited by Martox29A on Sep 24, 2015, 12:02:41 PM
I agree 100%. While the manifesto agrees there is a problem with map drops regardless of what some deniers here seem to keep stubbornly saying, it is only the beginning of the solution.

The exile-drops-no-map nerf was just silly. They were not a problem; did anyone ever get buttloads of maps just from exiles? I think not.

The Zana nerf was ridiculous. As I have said many times, the amount Zana was nerfed was bad for players and looked as if GGG didn't know what it was doing with the last EP. Neither of these things is good.

I agree that these changes should take place sooner than later so the changes can be taken into account when calculating total map drops.

Censored.
Totally agree.

The exile-drops-no-map nerf was just silly

And map drops need still a slight buff
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I agree that these changes should take place sooner than later so the changes can be taken into account when calculating total map drops.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! Since they plan on tweaking the map drops this is the right time to revert unnecessary nerfs.
Patch notes are out, so i'm upping this hoping someone from the staff actually reads it.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
post 2 censts about maps, dont have map log...

Just looked at mine and found out that map drops are not fine.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Now we all now, map drops weren't fine, it didn't work as intended.

I hope people that thought everything was fine don't leave the game after they now have so called "map pinatas" dropping for them all the time ;))
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Oct 1, 2015, 6:09:18 AM
Hey guys, remember this is not about map drops per se, the buffs are there in the patch notes, nothing wrong with them.
This is about bonus unique monsters dropping maps and Zana dailies being of meaningful level, which would bot be smart ways to tweak the map drops, beyond the adjustment of the drop itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info