Development Manifesto: Map Changes in 2.0.4

i see the main problem in the fact that ggg made it an option to reach level 100 at all. after initially stating that probably no one will ever reach it.

if the game presents a potential achievement it has to maintain a steady time investment to achieve that goal, otherwise that goal loses it's worth.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
please stop balancing the game around 1% of the players, because it's definitely the other 99% that pay your bills
So let me get this straight... around 100 people in both temp leagues have reached level 100 and you consider that a lot? Also around 390 people have reached 100 level in standard league from all the players EVER, and you consider reaching 100 an easy task?

Well your point of view is unique GGG.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
"
Mihalis wrote:
So let me get this straight... around 100 people in both temp leagues have reached level 100 and you consider that a lot? Also around 390 people have reached 100 level in standard league from all the players EVER, and you consider reaching 100 an easy task?

those 390 is number of characters or number of accounts?

GGG consideres entertaining those HC players to be something that brings more players through channels like youtube, twitch or reddit.
low content up to 75 maps is being considered as faceroll unless you are bringing own risks into the scenario (rolling specific hard rolls). However these balances will help the majority of the core community that is usually 85-95 (i would say that's like 70% of the player base. ) who will also benefit from this at least in the way that the gap between them and the top will be lower or - like if you are chasing somebody who is faster than you, if the distance is increased slowly , you will chase him longer than if there will be immediate gap, which might players just give up - at least those who like to compete

If lvl 100 - ultimate cap - is being reached within 250-300 hours of gameplay, i would say it is low
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Mihalis wrote:

actually reaching 100 is extremely easy especially now. The thing is, there is no point in reaching 100 at all. The only point of this is to make the next leagues last longer. There is always a drop in total player activity when 100 is reached by somebody and it rollercoaster down from there.
"
MiniST wrote:
"
Mihalis wrote:

actually reaching 100 is extremely easy especially now. The thing is, there is no point in reaching 100 at all. The only point of this is to make the next leagues last longer. There is always a drop in total player activity when 100 is reached by somebody and it rollercoaster down from there.

Huh? Why would it affect me, or my friend, or even you if someone up there reaches level 100? Why would anyone stop to play because someone else, totally unrelated, reaches level 100?
I fail to see any relation between the two things. I could imagine that in one league or the other, the two events were coinciding - without one being caused by the other.

"
60x7 wrote:
"
Pantanos wrote:
Why people are whining about high level changes? It was overdue. Its not a casual killer, because casuals are not supposed to reach lvl 100. At least not in temp leagues.

Its the opposite. This change closes the gap between players which can afford to chain 82 due to massive currency investment and those who have to farm 78-80 on that level.

It closes a gap, not widens it. what are you whining about?

[Removed by Support]

Pantanos is technically right, you know. By shifting the effective XP level of 82 maps to 79.5 they XP penalty for this map starts at player level 87.5 instead of level 90. For 77 maps it's only shifted down by 0.1 level, so there's barely any difference for lower level players (here the penalty starts at 84.9 instead of 85).
How would the majority of players be affected by that? To be affected, you need to: Firstly have a character above level 85 and secondly play 77-82 maps. What percentage of the player base would that be?
Crit happens.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 24, 2015, 7:17:12 PM
I hope GGG is also aware of issue with loosing immunity to any damage when your golem is active and you are entering instance. That thing is quite scary in maps.
Last edited by SevenKnives on Sep 24, 2015, 10:14:53 AM
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
Huh? Why would it affect me, or my friend, or even you if someone up there reaches level 100? Why would anyone stop to play because someone else, totally unrelated, reaches level 100?
I fail to see any relation between the two things. I could imagine that in one league or the other, the two events were coinciding - without one being caused by the other.

Just because you and I don't care that the race is over and we lost doesn't change that, like Diablo II, the racing segment of the playerbase is HUGE. We each play to our own preferences, and I've watched player participation drop off drastically once the race to 100 is over several times; it's a cascading effect, with the people who were racing dropping out, causing those who only played the game because of them losing interest, causing people who played in groups with them to play less, etc.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
I wish PoE ladder were more like old Diablo 2 ladder... it was an epic grind for month. There were three teams... EU, RU and US batteling for #1... even our game magazines had news about the ladder.

Now you watch HVC... he reaches lvl 100 and says... "oh... cool". It's nothing special. Even lvl 100 in 2-3month would be too fast to bring back the excitement.

... lets face it: What is the goal of a temp league? If not for the race, you can do everything (and more via legacy stuff) in permanent leagues. Temp leagues are nothing else than "PoE Betatesting" while everyone thinks there is no ongoing beta -.-
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
I wish PoE ladder were more like old Diablo 2 ladder... it was an epic grind for month. There were three teams... EU, RU and US batteling for #1... even our game magazines had news about the ladder.

Now you watch HVC... he reaches lvl 100 and says... "oh... cool". It's nothing special. Even lvl 100 in 2-3month would be too fast to bring back the excitement.

... lets face it: What is the goal of a temp league? If not for the race, you can do everything (and more via legacy stuff) in permanent leagues. Temp leagues are nothing else than "PoE Betatesting" while everyone thinks there is no ongoing beta -.-

There are a number of possible points of the temp leagues. For you it is racing, and for me it is to get a fresh economy and an excuse for a new build, for others it is trying new league mods or getting league-specific uniques. Standard trading is like watching paint dry unless you're only buying and selling mirrored and rare legacies.

I personally don't have any interest in the race to 100, as it is basically a system of who can crowdsource XP faster. I just enjoy the active trading environment of a fresh league and the fact that it gives me a reason to try a new build and burn currency without the permanence of a league that never ends (in standard if I decide to try a build and it doesn't work out, it becomes a currency sink that isn't readily replenishable - good luck reselling mid-range niche gear to make your orbs back in standard).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info