Build of the Week: Kaepora's Triple Freezing Pulse Totem Build

Somehow the cast speed of the totems doesn't feel satisfying.
Can't complain about a build that brought him to 91 though.

Also: Chris, running headlong into every pack totally defeats the point of playing a triple totem build! I'm neither HC nor totem enthusiast, but that made even me cringe a bit...
Last edited by MauranKilom on Sep 23, 2015, 12:42:52 AM
"
MauranKilom wrote:
Somehow the cast speed of the totems doesn't feel satisfying.
Can't complain about a build that brought him to 91 though.

Also: Chris, running headlong into every pack totally defeats the point of playing a triple totem build! I'm neither HC nor totem enthusiast, but that made even me cringe a bit...

It's not Chris playing :)
Nice build!

Glad to see someone actually use Soul Mantle.

Also very happy for the return of this weekly show!

Not sure why, but i have this strange feeling that builds after 2.0 became rather blank.
Back day, every build was unique and had gimmicks.

Now we have a gadzilion of builds, where most of them are just same cookie cutter build, with minor tweaks, whom get a label of "build".
2h sword, 2h staff, 1h mace, dw axe, FISTS OF FURY Ice crash "builds".

Build of the week kind of proves it up till now. But maybe future episodes will kill that view.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Sep 23, 2015, 2:19:02 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:
Nice build!
Not sure why, but i have this strange feeling that builds after 2.0 became rather blank.
[...]
Build of the week kind of proves it up till now. But maybe future episodes will kill that view.

i agree with this and hope they'll use some of the episodes to give an overview of 2.0 meta, leaving out only the most obvious builds (showing the coolest variation of each fotm build, maybe). the vaal ground slam build had 18k dps on its primary skill, iirc...

edit: i'd like to add that this is the best botw video out of the three because it's interesting AND a good build.
Last edited by Rawfoss on Sep 23, 2015, 4:13:42 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:

I think most of those same builds are still around. 2.0 just didn't really add very many interesting new builds. And meanwhile, all the ones that seemed like cool gimmicks 6 months ago, now just seem like how those skills are supposed to be used and no longer anything unique.
"

See special build that show how interesting characters can be created, still complain about builds diversity.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Don't you think that incinerate is overused nowadays? Pretty much majority of people are using the same builds.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Sep 23, 2015, 4:00:10 AM
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Don't you think that incinerate is overused nowadays? Pretty much majority of people are using the same builds.

No, because I don't care, what other people are playing. I play the builds, I think that are fun to play.
nice try haha :)
Rain of Splinters was mentioned but those totems appear to be single projectile.
Did you not copy over the jewels or was that an error?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info