Cheap 9k+ life with coil, EE, Tri curse high dps Explosive Arrow build

Mostly posting this for friends but maybe some other people are interested.

Skill Tree

Bandits = Oak/Kill all/Kraityn

Defensive Stats

Pros
Cheap
Very tanky with Coil
fast clear speed
Can potentially one-shot some bosses
Can do all map mods except reflect (unless you want to take 40 minutes to clear one map)
Dual/Tri curse and EE makes this build very useful in parties
Pretty simple to play
Good for PVP (Haven't tried it myself but friends say so.)

Cons
Might have single target issues without a 6link and quality EA
Can't do ele reflect maps
Can't leech without using warlords mark (not a big deal because of lgoh frenzy but I thought it was worth noting)
If you want to get to the point where you can one-shot some bosses you'll need level 22+ ea
If you have bad luck with ignites VS bosses it can take a while
Have to wait for the explosions

Gear

Make sure none of your gear has Fire damage to attacks on it

Please note that you don't need gear like this. A 6 link Coil or Quill Rain is the most expensive thing you'll need. Not using a Doedre's damning because of the Headhunter. Also don't use Doedre's without two 6 links unless you have curse on hit gloves

Videos

Will make better quality videos if requested.

Level 22 EA

3:17 Gorge run
played bad, with vaal haste and using single target setup vs boss instead of trying to get him against a wall I could get 2:30

Rippy 81 Palace including boss (Near rips due to my light res not being capped in ele weak and playing badly)

Gem setups

Explosive arrow setup

AOE

Explosive Arrow - Faster attacks - Fire pen - Empower/leech/Concentrated effect/Slower proj/Culling strike - Increased Area Of Effect - Greater multiple projectiles

Single target

Explosive Arrow - Faster attacks - Fire pen - Empower/leech/Culling/Faster projectiles - Slower projectiles - Concentrated effect

Curse on hit setup

You have a couple options for your curse setup

Dual curse DPS setup
Ice shot - GMP - Enhance - Ele Weak - Flammability - Curse on hit

Tri curse DPS setup
Ice shot - GMP - Enfeeble/Warlords Mark/Temp Chains - Ele Weak - Flammability - Curse on hit

Tri curse defensive setup (recommend only using in parties or in hardcore because Temp Chains delays the explosion.)
Ice shot - GMP - Enfeeble - Temp Chains - Ele weak/Flammability - Curse on hit

Low level Cast when damage taken

Cwdt - Immortal call - Increased duration/Enduring cry/Vaal molten shell/Vaal haste - Blink arrow

High level Cast when damage taken

CWDT - Flame golem/Chaos golem - Enduring cry/Vaal molten shell/Leech/Vaal haste - Molten shell

Frenzy setup

Frenzy - GMP - Chain - LGOH
100 #1 - PA Rank 1 Flashback | 100 #2 - Cyclone Standard | 100 #3 - Support top 50 Talisman | 100 #4 - Support Rank 5 PHC | 100 #5 - Earthquake Rank 51 PHC | 100 #6 - Vaal Spark Rank 5 PHFB2W
Last edited by Krame_ on Sep 23, 2015, 11:43:07 AM
Hi there

I'm trying your build with one of my mara lvl 47 so far and its rock like hell =)

Early lvl are kinda hard mostly against single target but know it works perfectly and its been a while that i didn't take so mutch fun to play a build.

Little question you take EE is EE is just trigger with your ligthning damage on your ring?

Thanks for charing and fly safe.

Thanks for the build. I was coming back after a ~6 month break, just to find my skilltree yet again resetted. Didn't remember shit, and wtf are jewels lol. Anyway this helps me getting my EA build back up and running. Have been using EA since open beta, so mainly since forever. Never rly wanted to play anything else (besides some wonky mass 200+ minion domination blow build that destroyed my grafix card). Thanks bruv

ps is there any new and amazing skills to go along with EA? I heard AA was nerfed to death.

Edited the tree a bit.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjCj6uJMc3OvumK2Cx18EWHeRKwN1na6nCBhqm6GPRngvfOVYB-xVKo1JGzbY8WysmPfXVcY6WHF5FxwSaR0U-tLjahZv2L3-Crc-QYf56MT2fNn3MnKpCfbUfAYOJ-0lvODD20_fvw48FHH46-oYaGXz3c9-dqwYkbyfOlJodNpicg9mnmZUlG9G13GF2rmxQnrmY_3vfNrdffWiAGjy8B9DyE8En9-aO4Kb7DiFe-Fzg8w8Lcaug18MXxjXU6U87xhdfA6nVVugGFY=
Last edited by DJSRP on Oct 17, 2015, 10:05:19 PM
"

Gear

if Headhunter belt is "cheap" i guess my time to quit POE.... average price is 150ex lol

2k hours online and i have around 50ex i believe...
Last edited by etpcpc on Nov 4, 2015, 12:35:29 AM
"
etpcpc wrote:
"

Gear

if Headhunter belt is "cheap" i guess my time to quit POE.... average price is 150ex lol

2k hours online and i have around 50ex i believe...

Headhunter is not necessary for the build to work. In fact, Headhunter is not required for anything.
Last edited by lussiano on Nov 4, 2015, 11:58:37 AM
Hoy

Would like to now what kind of jewels are good for EA build?

Thanks
Are this build is still playable after 2.1 changes ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info