Development Manifesto Article on Warbands and Tempest Content

ty, i think 3 month is ideal for temp leagues
"
"We plan to add a Unique Strongbox that spawns Warbands members. We're considering map mods and other incidental content that cause Warbands to occur from time to time."

I'm sorry, but this is a really bad idea, the source of so many future RIPs on hardcore.

Game engine sucks, especially when dealing with instantly loading props & mtx textures/effects for rogue exiles, as soon as the player opens a box.

Those unique box resources are not included in the "loading screen" duration, and don't boast them as a "game feature", it just rips characters because of the flawed design.

GGG, don't do this, unless you manage to fix the box issues first. Give them a random algo that's set into motion in the loading screen, together with the map tile layout randomizing, props/boxes/clickable spawn locations, etc.

This would solve the issue, maybe increase the "loading screen" time, but players will be happier, and no box RIPs.

Don't you get insane negative user feedback from players RIPing in the box loading sequence, due to screen-freeze and 0 fps drop?

This.
"
marcosyy87 wrote:
ty, i think 3 month is ideal for temp leagues

No, not at all, 3 month WAY too fast and very low for league.

4-5 month league would be great.

And WHY WARBANDS CAN NOT BE IMPLIED TO THE CORE GAME?
AH?
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
3 months is ok as long as challenges are not trading/rng gated. I got tempest challenge complete, because they rotate enough that I am able to find the required ones. With warbands challenge, good luck with finding rng based band, then also relying on rng to get named leader to spawn. I put in a shitton of time playing and will stick to the temp leagues that have non-rng and not trading gated challenges. 1 month flashback last time was very good, all goals were possible.
When will the next pair of leagues be available? I hope it is soon and they last for 15 weeks or more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info