Development Manifesto: Warbands and Tempest Content

Yep... if they did a Tempest week, I'd pretty much use that week to tidy my stash.
So you feel Warband ( the shitiest thing I've pllayed for me that is ) Is Oh WE NEED THIS. But somthing intresting lik Tempest is OH NO we can not alow this..... Holy moly
The only reason I didn't get far on Tempest is my werry First map I enterd got disconnected and the char was on standard. I loged back in like 10 seconds after the DC and still Nope no Tempest for you... I litteraly lost the drive to try and level a new toon. This cause I lost about 20 maps on WB to DC.
But do GGG care at all? I mean look at ground effects and the problems they create. Oh yes there working on it. Some years ago they said they were working on a trading system but not a single word since, and we rely on 3rd party tools

My 2 cent's
I didn't play a lot of tempest, but I liked it, I regret to say I played a lot more WB, and... well... didn't like it. For one I did a minimum of 200 maps and never got one Chaos renegade. NOT ONE! But there was one fun part about the league, and that was farming "Captured/Concurred/Cleansed by..." Areas. It was quite fun, however the reason I didn't like the league in general was that the vast majority of time it felt like nothing was different. And that was boring. My suggestions is make it so "Captured/Concurred/Cleansed by..." are three regular commonness map mods, but make it so they can't drop their exclusive WB items, either that or make them still drop just even less commonly then they were, *Shiver*. Honestly, don't even bother with the unique strongbox, nobody gets those anyway... Or do it, Idk, just don't let that be the only thing. The problem with WB was not the Warbands themselves, it was the rate they spawned.

And as for future leagues, IMO stick with how you did them before. It's good to feel like you are always playing somewhere new, instead of sometimes playing somewhere new. Also make the challenges a little *cough* lot *cough* less Currency based. There were only two challenges that didn't require getting tons of currency or getting ridiculous RNG, The character level one, and the vendor recipe one. The two easiest ones! What the hell, the game should be about being good at playing the game, not about how devoted you are to pricing and crafting and crap. IMO you should just always have 1 really hard currency based one, all the others should be Play based. Also, you should have a challenge for 1 character to 90, instead of 3 to 82-85. That would be way more cool! Anyway, there's my input.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
These leagues were great idea's, but poorly implemented. So half a hit, keep up the good work, and keep learning.
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:37:02 AM
"
tslt wrote:
I dont understand one thing:

The beta didnt help them to balance the physical damage spikes in map and the worst part is the new drop map system.

So why bother making league if you dont want to work on it? I'm sure plenty of people would give good idea (for free what's more) and players that are used to the game could balanced spell/monster/item way better than ggg. It would be a win for everyone. When you're not good at something sometime it's usefull to ask for help.

And the crucial point being the start of the one month league on sunday. The best joke for me..
I supported the game/company for years but i'm really angry at the way things are going.

They fix the game and force us to play some kind of meta in a pve game. I find a lack of creativity here, you shouldnt nerf everything that is used by people you should focus on giving other skill/item a new birth.

i kinda agree with this about the maps and the nerf fact. aka shotgunning fireball. that skill is dead. and map drop system fails. and for it to be a end game system it fails.
rawrawr
very sad to see tempest gone it was a very fun mapping experience and gave meaning to the stashtabs filled with lowerlevel maps one hoarded :)
but i also don't see a way to use it in the future without a ggg infosite like tempest watch because that would not work as a zana mapmod only with userinput. the fun of tempest was to look at that site to spot a nice tempest and chain that particular map to have some fun. (corrupting tempest was by far the most fun mapping experience a had and those random corruptions made the loot very interesting and different from the normal mapping experience)

"
tslt wrote:
"
jugglereli wrote:
IMO you should just always have 1 really hard currency based one, all the others should be Play based. Also, you should have a challenge for 1 character to 90, instead of 3 to 82-85. That would be way more cool! Anyway, there's my input.

I totally agree. This is so logic but yet they cant do it. What's the point of having 4 level 80 characters as a challenge. Its a dumb idea. It's like they work an idea and when its becoming interesting instead of keep working, they're too tired and dont bother to make adjustement. They just give up and move on. That's the feeling i have when seeing how went the
beta feedback work, the map rework, the damage scaling, well pretty miuch everything.

they have several different char level challenges which they used in other leagues and i guess rotate through challenges because there was always one with leveling a char. the highest one till now was level 1 char in hc and 1 in sc challenge league to lv90 so that could come back in future challenges and is the most challenging charlevel one to date and you cant really buy a level 90 hc char with trading so there's your more skilled challenge :)
Worst set of leagues yet. I am patiently waiting for the next set, they will almost assuredly be better.

Appreciate the manifestos though, fun to read.
Team Won
I think Warbands and Tempest were interesting idea's but the reliance on third party sites etc just for the information to be shared was a big part of the league's being boring. Warband's was broken for the first 2 week's (broken spawn system based off a 15 minute rotation) but after that it seemed ok except the Blue item's they dropped seemed very rare (i achieved 8/8 challenges but not 1 warband's item id'd had a special mod in about 1.5 months of play).
Tempest was the best league of the 2 in my opinion, it had the most potential to profit from the mod's themselve's by putting several maps in different lab's and just running 1 tempest for several hour's. The incentive to run a variety of map's was much higher and I am glad Hardcore finally had a league which wasn't just about surviving random OP situations.
Tempest mostly suffered from the lack of information available. With map return's changed I felt that risking higher map's on unknown tempest's wasn't worth it (combined with disconnect issue's when tping out of map's etc) and running map's that had bad xp return were only worth running if they had corrupted drop's or 20 exiles and these seemed alot further between as people reported the tempest less and less.
Overall I think these league's were better than other's like rampage league but they were held back alot by forcing the use of third party site's just to know what's happening.
IGN - @Smokntumbleweed ~ Streaming @ twitch.tv/smokintumbleweed
Ignite Vortex Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735563
Brain Rattler 100% Fire Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1757390
My Loot Filter located @ bit.ly/poefilter
Tempest league was pretty fun but the big buff tempests were really only beneficial to ranged classes with a quick mobility skill. Taking the big iir/iiq buff tempest: works great if you have a ranged class that can kill quickly + blink arrow or similar to activate the buff.

For a lot of builds getting into one of the tempests and then actually killing something in time to benefit is non-trivial and ends up just being frustrating.

oh and enlarging tempest on devourers in untainted paradise: they keep growing :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info