[2.1][Video] The TankyToss - Hybrid CoC Spectral Throw

"
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
can this be sued with Cyclone instead?!

imho its really not worth it to use Cyclone if you don´t Discharge with Volls Devotion.

There is a good Hybrid CoC-Cyclone Discharge build here, if you want to do Cyclone follow that guide.

and How do you deal with chaos damage?! my eHP is around 6k(see spoiler)
but i still die quite quickly to chaos damage (using cyclone, i know ST is better but i just love cycone too much, and hate ST)

Spoiler
400 ES armor
rats nest
250 ES Shield (with 40% increased)=350 ES
150 ES boots
maligaro glove
discipline=300 ES
thats it, = 350+150+400+250+300=1450 base ES
i have 144%inc ES from tree = 2,44*1450=3500 ES

i have 1050base life at lvl 80 + 300 life from gear =1350 base life
with 79%inc life from tree= 1350*1.79=2400life

Total = 2400life+3500ES=5900 eHP
is this find?!?!
should i get more ES%since my base ES is higher?! with somehting around 30%block /20% evasion and barely any mitigation
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Nov 11, 2015, 8:24:22 PM
Get a Helmet with high ES and Chaos Res on it, get Chaos res on Rings or somewhere else.

And really this guide isn´t meant for Cyclone, if you use another skill better use a Guide thats written for that skill.

For example: As Cyclone the Disemboweling cluster does work, giving you 150% crit chance, other jewels work, because melee crit chance works. You also have much mure Problems with Chaos damage as you can´t evade while doing damage as well as ST can do it. Then Mana is much more of a Problem as Cyclone and you need 2 pieces of Elreon Jewlery to cast it....

and so on.

Its really not that easy to just change ST for Cyclone.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Get a Helmet with high ES and Chaos Res on it, get Chaos res on Rings or somewhere else.

And really this guide isn´t meant for Cyclone, if you use another skill better use a Guide thats written for that skill.

For example: As Cyclone the Disemboweling cluster does work, giving you 150% crit chance, other jewels work, because melee crit chance works. You also have much mure Problems with Chaos damage as you can´t evade while doing damage as well as ST can do it. Then Mana is much more of a Problem as Cyclone and you need 2 pieces of Elreon Jewlery to cast it....

and so on.

Its really not that easy to just change ST for Cyclone.

I actually run Cyclone in a 4L for single target DPS. It works wonders for rares and some bosses i need to grill down real fast. My gear listed below. The cyclone setup is in my boots (flame surge with fire damage on hit gives ignite, and i usually swap around glacial cascade for other spells).
I dont think poachers mark is worth it imo, as maintaining 3 frenzy charges is a pain, ele weakness is far more helpful for bursting down rares. My gems arent even lvl 20...god when they are this build will be stupid strong. I can get a better chest too.

I feel extremely powerful, and can run 82 maps (never did an 83) like a breeze.

Chaos damage can be scary, and so can bleed stacks in added damage maps; but with 3.5KHP Im able to react quickly enough.

I got really lucky with the dagger early on in league (purchased for 30c).

Will try to take this build to next level next tailsman league =)

Last edited by Alabugin on Nov 24, 2015, 2:28:49 PM
Hey, nice to hear that the build is working out that good for you!

@4Link Singel Target
With a 4L Singletarget i allways feel that i miss the Life Leech, only way to get around that is getting a corrupted item that has "supported by cast on crit" so you can run Cyclone/ST-Spell1-Spell2-Life Leech.

Do you feel comfortable using it on bosses without getting leech?

@Curse

You only run Disciplin and Herald, so you have more mana open as reserve. I was running with a purity on top so i needed the mana on hit or mana leech from warlords.

In the 1 month i ran with Disc, Herald and low level Clarity so i did not need mana on hit and i agree that Ele Weakness feels a lot better for damage than one of the other Marks.

Overall i´d agree that its better to run without the additional purity or get enough mana on hit jewels or a second elreon ring to run ele weakness as second curse.

Did you change things in the tree too? just curious to see it if you did so.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Only thing I'm doing different is I grabbed the sniper notable (20% projectile damage and 10% projectile speed, but I may spec out of this) and the Heart and Soul Cluster (8% life) and mana (may also spec out of this for something else)

I am also using 2 mana on hit jewels.

I have a decent bit of mana regen on gear, so even without mana on hit, I'm able to sustain. Mana on hit really only for zero regen maps (which I seem to roll quite often in t12+)

LvL 12 CoC would be the dream corruption on either helmet or gloves. But damn, good luck getting that on Maligaro's or a High ES Helm. I'll likely vaal my helm pretty soon since I'm kinda done with darkshrine. Maybe I'll get lucky.

As for not having lifeleech. I find lvl 20 flame surge and freezing pulse does so much bloody damage, that most rares die instantly from proc. As for bosses, I usually kite in and out with spectral throw and cyclone. I only go in for cyclone during safe periods, or when ES is full (example is palace dominus right after his attack animations).

Overall, very happy with build. I will be trying it in next 3 month HC using physical spell setup and cyclone (Blade Vortex, Ethereal Knives, Cyclone, CoC, Life Leech, Arc). Run Hatred and Discipline - put curses in Blasphemy setup so no need to run herald.
"
Alabugin wrote:

Overall, very happy with build. I will be trying it in next 3 month HC using physical spell setup and cyclone (Blade Vortex, Ethereal Knives, Cyclone, CoC, Life Leech, Arc). Run Hatred and Discipline - put curses in Blasphemy setup so no need to run herald.

You will need Mana Reserved Nodes even if you only want to use 1 cures, Blasphemy reserves 25% per curse, 50% hatred and 35% Disc.

I am thinking about such a build too, but atm it looks like that i´ll play Curse Support in Talisman HC.

If you test Phys CoC in Talisman tell me how it works out :)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
updated with experimental 2.1 Trees
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
I hope this is going to work as a starter build for Talisman! Probably standard ST until you get cocs and some crit?

ST cocs is my favorite playstyle so I'm gonna try it nevertheless
For leveling get some accuracy on gear as long as you don´t have a vagan dagger.

Ungils Harmony can help getting your crit up to start CoC.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Ward

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info