Highlights from the Hideout Competition Submissions!

"
A_Sofa wrote:
These people's hideouts make me feel really bad about mine since all i've done with my hideout is draw a penis on the ground

This made me giggle so hard. +1 for effort mate.
Half the highlights are a clustercluck of assets and gore, I see what I should aim for next time I submit anything. Its sad to see that out of the few people that cared to submit anything for the event, with so many submissions having awesome use of assets its the people who just filled their hos with junk that are the ones that are being displayed. Yeah the salt is real with my post but its honestly discouraging when trying to participate in one of these events.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Sep 21, 2015, 9:39:15 AM
Me: Hey, I should submit mine,it's not that bad.
*See the highlights*
Ok, nevermind then.
Very impressive.
"
Half the highlights are a clustercluck of assets and gore, I see what I should aim for next time I submit anything. Its sad to see that out of the few people that cared to submit anything for the event, with so many submissions having awesome use of assets its the people who just filled their hos with junk that are the ones that are being displayed. Yeah the salt is real with my post but its honestly discouraging when trying to participate in one of these events.

I agree a little that 2 or 3 of the displayed one are a little crap (for example the church ho imho 70% of the space in ho is empty) but could u (@Agelss) show us what ho are better than posted ones? becasue acording to your post i assume that u have seen a ho with less gore but more "story telling", could you share them with us?
Aye Aye Captain!
Nice hideouts, but could u guys please take care of the eu servers? It has been a nightmare for a couple of days now... malachai is nothing in comparission.
Hard competition ever .. all hideouts are fantastic!
"
jeż wrote:
"

I agree a little that 2 or 3 of the displayed one are a little crap (for example the church ho imho 70% of the space in ho is empty) but could u (@Agelss) show us what ho are better than posted ones? becasue acording to your post i assume that u have seen a ho with less gore but more "story telling", could you share them with us?

Alright well from the submission thread there are several I though deserved to be featured instead of the eyestrain that is currently selected.

hideouts, made some awesome looking steampunk cars from the different props.

Lumpaa had a very clean hideout with a lot of detail, although a bit painful to look at with all the glow, I really appreciate the symmetry of it and the amount of effort that must have gone into arranging everything to fit like it did.

Sig556 had some interesting architectural arrangements that he created in his hideout, its tending towards cluttered but it still clean enough that you can easily tell what everything is.

G4nzo made damn awesome looking mechanical spiders for his hideout, when I saw it I went, damn wish I would have thought of that! Its such a creative use of props.

However, unlike all of those, the current highlights are mostly full of junk and excessive use of the rain and wisp effects. I can also only look at so many "forest" environments created by people before they all start to look the same. The one thing I learned from participating in this event is that GGG does not want creative submissions, they just want things that draw on the wow factor of before and after that their hideout of the week series draws upon. Unfortunately for most participating in this the biggest difference that can be made is by putting a bunch of junk into the hideout until it does not in any way look like the original, mind you how creative you are about the rest is rather optional.

Also I am focusing on how creative people are about making their hideouts, I am not talking about the lore they make for them, if they want to have a lore writing competition then thats where that belongs.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Sep 21, 2015, 2:33:35 PM
oh cool I made the highlights page! :D
Damn, mine ain't even featured and i keep getting visitors telling me that my hideout is amazing.
GZ to all, all these hideouts are lovely!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info