PoE in my new computer compared to the old.

My 10years old computer died yesterday night so i had nothing left but to buy a new computer.

My old game had about 25fps and looked like this -

My new game has 60fps and looks like this -
Iäm extremely happy and now i can play CoC and even hardcore!
Last edited by teletups11 on Sep 20, 2015, 9:12:31 AM
Hate to tell you, but it looks the same to us. The images are stored the same, even if they appear differently on different computers.

PoE runs well on old machines. It doesn't use many of the features of computers developed over the last five years or so because the engine was designed before these things existed. Multi-core? Not so much. Everyone, GGG included, would love to see this changed... but the cost of upgrading the entire engine would be massive.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Hate to tell you, but it looks the same to us. The images are stored the same, even if they appear differently on different computers.

PoE runs well on old machines. It doesn't use many of the features of computers developed over the last five years or so because the engine was designed before these things existed. Multi-core? Not so much. Everyone, GGG included, would love to see this changed... but the cost of upgrading the entire engine would be massive.
what r u on about? my old computer died and i bought a new one, you have no idea what it feels like to get such a upgrade. i know that it looks the same for everyone, im just showing my experience with my old computer. with a tiny bit higher graphics it would have frozen a lot but now i can run on max with no problem.

EDIT - hmm ohh i get it, i see those 2 pictures difrently on my computer..
Last edited by teletups11 on Sep 20, 2015, 9:06:35 AM
I'm just saying that you can't tell what people see on their computers by looking at shots on yours.

Glad you're happy with your upgrade.
if my old computer die, bye internet
my english sux.
Gratz man, would kill for it to look like that. my computer can play poe on low settings without tampering with the texture, but going into corrupted areas, or fighting bosses inside a separated area (Daresso, Kaom, Malachai, etc...) kills my frames. Might have to look up the thing about how to change the textures for better frames, even if it's gonna look even more like poop.
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

"
Marxis wrote:
Gratz man, would kill for it to look like that. my computer can play poe on low settings without tampering with the texture, but going into corrupted areas, or fighting bosses inside a separated area (Daresso, Kaom, Malachai, etc...) kills my frames. Might have to look up the thing about how to change the textures for better frames, even if it's gonna look even more like poop.
i did that, i know kripparrian has a vid on how to make it look like mine was.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm just saying that you can't tell what people see on their computers by looking at shots on yours.

Glad you're happy with your upgrade.

Still makes no sense, you can see a huge difference in the textures between the first screenshot and the second

Maybe his monitor only has 4pixels or maybe his a holecard computer so he can't see images
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Congrats on the upgrade. Welcome to the master race!! I remember when i first upgraded from my toaster oven.. it was like a whole different game lol.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
ShimmyShimmy wrote:
Congrats on the upgrade. Welcome to the master race!! I remember when i first upgraded from my toaster oven.. it was like a whole different game lol.

All hail to the GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE !
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info