[2.0][Video][UPDATE] Dual ChaosFlame Crit Totem Build

I am playing this currently in Darkshrines HC, damage is nice, even though i don't have the key gear yet, survivability is not that great i must admit, but that could be due to inferior gear, being in HC it seems like glass cannon, for now :)
** HC Only! **
just curious, is there any advantage to converting to all chaos damage or is that just for the 'cool purple flames' novelty of it? like could you use your same tree without the uniques and still do the same damage or is if because of the +1 fire gems in the mantle?
Yes, you don't need fire penetration gem. Mobs have no chaos resists only rare and unique have chaos resists. Chaos damage don't reflect, you can easly play maps with elemental reflect and chaos damage bypass energy shield :)

This build is good for fire damage too if you have cool dagger like this:

Infernal mantle is for +100% Crit chance and 35% fire dmg and yes +1 fire gems (5k more dmg on flame totem).

This build is not for HC and not for exping 95+lvls. Build is great for farm high Tier maps and Atziri (not uber). You can easy and fast get 90+ lvl with this build.
build is legit.

plowed content with no stopping, always at or under area level, with absolute shit gear. i got through normal wearing white wool shoes (cos I forgot) and to a4c using a blue +1 fire, 6% cast speed wand with FT socketed with added lightning... only a 2L. all 6 deaths were completely avoidable dipshit moves (ran into a pack of those huge great white beast things, facetanked merci piety ball lightning with 35% res, didn't move against corrupt piety etc) and i feel like it coulda been even more cake if i actually paid attention to my gear.

equipped the consuming dark as soon as i could via lvl, and ran FT - added light - FC

i didn't even take a safe way through the tree with no guidance (OP, put up an idea?) i just plowed through to totem and damage nodes, barely taking life nodes til later. didn't have to take a dex node til lvl 66, and that may have been cos of the heup of all ring. again, prolly could have avoided that if i traded for some shite. juuuust started running (and destroying) maps after i got my mantle (2 fus for a 1s which i then 6s and 4L) and it was ridiculous. almost 40% crit with garbage dagger.

BUT.... i'm curious how this build will do with the changes to FT and chaos (unabashedly aka poison damage) coming up.

OP, great build. I've been playing FT for a massive portion of the builds i've tried out, this is now my favorite and default build :D
Nice build! I think I'll try this for my talisman's starter. What's your take on the new changes? The nerf on early game might make it harder to lvl with only your totems, but end game looks quite beefy with the buffs. Add wither to buff chaos dmg.. plus do you have an idea how void manipulation would apply?

"Reduces the elemental damage of supported skills but causes them to do more chaos damage."

Will it reduce the fire damage before it is converted to chaos? Or only buffs the final dmg, which means it'll be a good gem to link with the totem?

Concerning the skill tree, you lost blaze + 2 fire nodes on shadow's side and it costs now 1 more node to reach sniper. Is it still worth taking? It allows to take nullification at the same time (nice life / rez / ES node).

With the lost of blaze and the +1 cost to reach sniper, would you consider going for heart of flame instead?
Hi, i starting play in talisman and use this build. Yesterday i loot Divinarius and... maybe its not bad for offhand?

upd:

and second question: why facebreaker, maybe better use voidbringer for maximal crit chance?
Last edited by Inversoul on Dec 14, 2015, 1:04:56 PM
Just did my first atziri in talisman on a 4 link and crappy rings/tasliman. Got my consumming dark / infernal mantle / a shield / and voidbringer. The rest is crap and my gems aren't even lvl 20 let alone 20% quality lol.

I'm planning to try diffrent gems / skill tree pathing to improve on the build. I'll share once I've tried.
You will not update the build?
I tried this build with a 5L infernal mantle, very nice! currently with 35k dps , and just did the normal Atziri last night without much effort.
thanks for coming up this build!
Hi,

in [2.1] I check, a BM version of my build.
I inspired by this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1431767

My tree (in progress):
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswVCCaoOPA_EEFgRLRRxFm8WvxbzGjgagRzcHRQfAiW8JjwmlScvKhMsnCynLR8vnTLRNsU62Dt8QZZFR0bXSsRMs06uUEJRdFM1VUtVxljlWfNaK15dYeJj_WZUZp5oZWjycFJxhXIPcql2rHrmfIN_xoIHgh6Cm4Pbg_OFMoV7h2WJ04uMjDaOZI8akFWTJ5UgmjuhL6IAoqOj8qaZp5Ssqq4SrrOxNrb6uMq-isBmwJrB889-0B_Q9dH91abZfNn82wvbT9-_4MPhc-Nq6hjr7uw47Tzv6_Af8932rvcy96b46_nd-tI=?accountName=Lopi85&characterName=Lopediusz

My gear:
Spoiler

Most important changes:
Spoiler

Blood Magic:
you don't need mana!
you don't take +100% spell damage on low mana! (Infernal Mantle)
you need only Life Flask so can have 4 or 5 life flasks :)
you can spam Flame Totems all the time (don't need to wait untill ES recharge)
you have more life and can use MoM + EB too (big boost to survivability)
Damage with BM is quite lower but survivability is much better (especially on T12+ Maps)

I use Iron Will gem in FT setup (49% + 62%(have 310 str) = 111% more Spell Damage.
FT + Faster Casting + Faster Projectiles + Empower + Iron Will + Added Chaos Damage

I use Clear Mind Jewel (+60% spell damage)
No Auras

My stats now:
Damage: 76k 100% chaos damage per one totem (no buff, no Atziri flask, no Power Charges)
Life: 5,4k + 1,6kES on mana (with MoM)
Last edited by Lopi85 on Jan 22, 2016, 4:56:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info