Nana throw 2.0 .. is ll st rly dead imho not fully

DISCLAIMER

This is not a build thread. I neither recommend to play this, nor is it best in any way. The goal here is to give a all aspect view into what can still be done with spectral ll and auras for people that loved the old spectral meta, and are considering to try it again because all other skills at some point just somehow feel sucky to play.

If your are a Beginner: Stay away you will suffer trying any of this. I mean it! For the current meta it's Cyclone, Poison Arrow, Reave, Incinerate,Wand coc and to a lesser extent mjoelner, whispering ice, totem builds and any Bow skill you enjoy, so go look for a good specc mentioning one of those keywords. They usually are cheaper more effective or more robust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did u try it?

After the glory days of spectral, i did 2 leagues windripper and during the Aeons that the Beta took i tested like all other imaginable skills/speccs and i just could not stand their playstyle after some time. This league i was on Vacatioon the first 2 weeks and when i came back was basically poor and somehow everything i played and saw beeing played either sucked dps/defense wise or was boring as fuck to play or gear. Then i saw 6l lorica for 4 ex and thought "well if i have to play a sucky specc i might as well play a sucky one i enjoy" and started playing around with spectral again.

Current stats and lil Village ruin vid

Gear

Check my profile and load the char Flubby to have a current state.

The good thing about Spectral beeing called dead is that there's tons of low cost snipes that would have cost fortunes in the past leagues. My amulet cost 35 c (haha), the rings less then an ex each, the belt was lucky yolo and bought without life for 2.5ex, gloves 20c, crown below an ex dagger without mods 30c.

Mana

I tried no mana buffer increase and spectral cost/2 in mgoh. I also tried mgoh + mana reduce jewels. While this is an approach that somehow works it becomes annoying when mobs start moving to much and whirling usage is really stressfull. The obvious solution gemini claw though has severely less dps potential. So much less dps that i stopped going that route.

The combo im using now (6-8 mgoh + 50% increase in buffer+ some regen and a mid lvl clarity ) feels pretty fine but be prepared to have to fiddle around a lot until you manage a balance that you can enjoy. More often then not it's a question of open mana and the right pot size for slow /no regen.

Defense

I started with a lorica and hardly 4k es and 30 k tooltip and lvl 93. WHile dmg wise that is very fine it sucks so heavily on defense that u can basically forget to lvl when not playing in a group with curse and something tanky in front. It still is enjoyable to play though and more then enough to e.g. get a wondertrap + double ventors for a nice 77 Map mf bitch. SInce the swap to shavs happened and the buffer rose to 5,5k + it became significantly better sinc enow the one shots start to disappear and the leech + evasion can kick in.

Its still mandatory to use cwdt immo call those 0.4 seconds save your ass rather often especially on chain and hard dmg mods.

Blood rage

In theory its easily usable the leech the specc has is more then able to handle the degen. The Problem is what happens between packs and map mods. Atm it feels like i constatnly play slow regen or vuln which both already stop it's usage. The other issue is that you tick so hard between packs that you very often reach the next pack with like 2-3k es lost. This in return is insanely dangerous since there are way to many mobs that can easily serve you a rip on 2.5k es left.

To sum it up i use it on 78 79 farming where the map allows constant pack connects and that dropping does not happen to much, but usually refrain from doing that in higher maps since there are to many longer stretches without any mobs and then you loose the dps gained by clearspeed to having to stop to recharge es.

Weapon

I tested both variants the old approach with t1 crit ias multi + spell dmg ambusher and the vagan i use, i also tested a 400 flat edps dagger with bench crit and top ias but it already lost to the ambusher. The tooltip on the first approach is obviosuly higher but it didnt yield more then 25% more tooltip dps than the vagan one. Now you have to basically remove another 10 % of that due to loosing the double hit check for crits and then there come 81+ maps. The shown hitchance is in no way anywhere close to what you actually have in the map. 81+ even on 92% hit chance felt so ugly that i at times checked if i was desynced because shit was missing so badly. On bosses this becomes even worse. Now if u also take into account that enfeeble becomes a mod that's often played those maps (like 30% of the time) it became sort of a no brainer to sacrifice like 10% dps for the immense improvement in playability and consistency and opeing up 3 suffix slots for res due to the loss of need for accuracy on gear. Keep in mind that the whole argument changes when u have acces to mirror worthy daggers and jewelery enabling hatred since then u are talking about 50% + dmg differences.

Prism Guardian

Imho prism is the only reason to go low life these days. I Could run the same aura setup with enlighten usage + templar nodes and get a high es spell shield. The Problem is that it would cost clarity and another 12 points which were hard to open. Also one looses 9 levels on dps auras and runs into a severe socket availability Problem if one wants to keep up Herald assa mark. In a absolute mirror full buildout i would probably give it a try but a) i have some dobuts about it beeing significantly better dps wise and b) that's like 350 ex more then i had spare this league :).

Map mods what's an issue?

No regen - deactivate a herald because whirling blades is not really usable on 150 open
Slow regen - same issue as no regen same solution + pot
BLoodmagic -> cant
Ele reflect -> cant

Anything above 3 added dmg mods (becomes to dangerous on the buffer but almost no one does those kinds of maps and even high defense chars will run into one shot situations ont hose so ...)

everything else -> play

Im in standard and dont like my mirror stack what could i do?

Deactviate grace activate hatred and get either loath bane or the most likely better for this specc wrath fang. On top acuities then remove all mana gained on hit jewels and replace em with ias dual spell dmg es% jewels. Get ventorrs ammy and something in the range of foe eye as rings depending on your res.

My basic forecasting yields something like 140 maybe higher spectral and 6.5k es with that approach.
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
Last edited by Flubby on Sep 19, 2015, 5:44:22 AM
reserved
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
btw: a friend tested spectral throw with mind fang 2H exquisite blade, he had 120K GMP dps, 7200 Health.(leg kaoms)

Maybe the new way is 2H + Leg kaoms ST
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 19, 2015, 8:38:52 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he is back with his BANANA, YES!
Last edited by h4llowerner on Sep 19, 2015, 7:34:19 AM
why no bloodrage for frenzy charges?

e: just saw that er is a blood rage section =)
Last edited by sebinator on Sep 19, 2015, 2:41:16 PM
Was thinking of doing a LL ST spec for a few days, but im a bit unsure about defenses as i actually wanna level to 95 for once. Nice to see it somewhat working with cheap gear.
Ugh effort
Is there any reason you don't have pain attunement specced?
"
RimGreeper wrote:
Is there any reason you don't have pain attunement specced?

Doesn't work with crown of eyes, rimbae.
Ugh effort
Dude! Nice try to reanimate ST with LL BM

But ST still weak :(

ST still my #1 build in this game. So i'm waiting what GGG to do in next patch.

I think GGG need add new support Gem Multiprojectiles (and this gem mast use only with Daggers, Swords, Claws).
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Flubb, your Entropy Choker amulet is absolutely insane. Tell me about that purchase.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info