Perhaps PoE's Visual Effects can have a bit of a tunedown?

I mean seruiosly, some times I don't even see my own character on the screen, and most of the time I can't see monsters in all the mishmash of the special effects, flames, icy spikes, fiery explostions and frosty waves. This doubles or even triples when I run with groups where effects literally cover the whole battle area, hiding everything else beneath them. And when someone has Cast on Crit it's all just a blanket.

The effects are beautiful and flashy, but if there would be an option for way less visible (but still readable, of course) effects, I would definitely take it. Or perhaps if there was a way to make the other player's effects way less visible, I would prefer it.

The main point of this post is that I want to be able to
- clearly distinguish my targets and threats no matter how many skills are being used
- clearly distinguish which skills are being used at the moment
- the two above should not interfere with each other. I.e. skill enemy uses should not visually conceal anything unless it's meant to do so, and the enemies gathered en masse should not be able to conceal dangerous skills coming my way.

Is this too much to want?
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 1:37:06 AM
Hm, it seems like no one is interested in discussing this topic. Am I really alone in this?
not gonna lie that would help people die less and more people can run discharge and other skills without worry
They are promising particle changes for ages now...
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
They are promising particle changes for ages now...
They've been struggling to get graphics engine developers for ages too.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I agree - looking at screen in full party can be sometimes comparable to looking at fireworks all shot at once.

But I suppose they aren't good at making fine but noticeable details, just big bulky stuff and I've lost hope to see that ever change. They did good change to auras in now more distant past, but after that - more and more bulky effects come out, which makes me think that lesson was not learned well enough. Now frostbolts don't even look like frost bolts, but fog puffballs instead.. I wonder why they find it necessary to make everything so.. big...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info