I just had an epiphany (contains content from 3 years ago)!

"
Heroofexile wrote:
Somewhere buried in this forum, posted 2-3 years ago ;)

i think it was about why rares drop always with at least one troll roll and if its possible to find a 6x T1 rare and so on.

People love to paraphrase dev posts in a wrong way, that's why I ask.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
searched a bit for it but cant find it.

all he said was that you will never find a near perfect rare. you have to craft or trade.
but well, we all know that it is true :/
Well if they didn't want people having perfect rares maybe that shouldn't have had eternal orbs for so long, and then set up the economy so only a handful of people have access to mirrors of those perfect rares.

With out second guessing the reasons behide some of the decisions that GGG makes its frustrating to know that upgrades after mid tier rares are almost impossible to drop yet if you have 400+ exalts you can have said perfect rares. If GGG really meant that perfect rares should never drop they should grow a pair and remove all items made with eternal orbs as IMO they have to be suspect.

And just to head of the "but traders made those items legit by collecting enough orbs to make them" if you do the maths on what it would take to roll just one perfect rare the amount of eternals and exalteds needed is astronomic.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
If you guys need 6T1 rares to clear the toughest content in this game, there is something lacking on the user end of things.

Indeed, the game let's you level at your own pace either if you are a god full mirrored spec build or a self-found/casual trading kind of guy. It's about skill more than any other thing, about not dying and losing all the currency invested in maps for exp.

The endgame may not be perfect, but the map system is not meant to be sustained by one player alone, that's why rotations exist. Even Havoc admitted that hitting LVL 100 was a collaborative effort rather than a one man stand against wraeclast.
Last edited by Peacemakerex on Sep 19, 2015, 2:01:32 AM
"
Peacemakerex wrote:

The endgame may not be perfect, but the map system is not meant to be sustained by one player alone, that's why rotations exist. Even Havoc admitted that hitting LVL 100 was a collaborative effort rather than a one man stand against wraeclast.

so what's wrong with the previous map system? 1.3 map system was totally fine why not just keep it that way? too easy? why GGG wants to prevent everybody else except super-hardcore nolifers reaching lvl100 with some levels of dedicated work? i don't see anyone complaining about the previous map system.

They make nerfs like beyond mobs and exiles no longer drop maps, which prevents additional chances for map drop. I don't see how this change is justified when it does make the map harder. Also, i share the same experience with people finding more exalts drop than a map boss dropping a +2 map, which is hilarious.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Sep 19, 2015, 4:01:38 AM
It has been clearly stated in the manifesto that:

"
Maps in the level 80 to 82 range are rarely run relative to other maps. This is intended; these maps are supposed to be dangerous and special, and are also intended to be not sustained in the same way as other maps. Expert players can (and do) maintain 79+ map level runs, but within the range are forced to play a variety of maps. We do also see more hoarding of maps in this level range, where players often choose to not run these maps (we assume until they improve their character).

And I bosses do have a flat chance to drop +2 maps, supposedly buffed from the beta.

"

1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

Which lead to the obvious conclusion that their idea is to enforce killing the boss rather than skip it, and force players to run different maps, rather than let them run palace all day. I mean is better than farming Act IV d3 and endless Baal runs in d2, and if over time they realize that is way too hard they'll buff to avoid losing audience, like the T1 drop buff of the last patch.
"
Peacemakerex wrote:

"
Maps in the level 80 to 82 range are rarely run relative to other maps. This is intended; these maps are supposed to be dangerous and special, and are also intended to be not sustained in the same way as other maps. Expert players can (and do) maintain 79+ map level runs, but within the range are forced to play a variety of maps. We do also see more hoarding of maps in this level range, where players often choose to not run these maps (we assume until they improve their character).

And I bosses do have a flat chance to drop +2 maps, supposedly buffed from the beta.

"

1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

Which lead to the obvious conclusion that their idea is to enforce killing the boss rather than skip it, and force players to run different maps, rather than let them run palace all day. I mean is better than farming Act IV d3 and endless Baal runs in d2, and if over time they realize that is way too hard they'll buff to avoid losing audience, like the T1 drop buff of the last patch.

And with that, I can instantly tell you haven't done any mapping since the expansion, nor even read what you're quoting.

Bosses do not have a flat chance at a +2 map. They have a flat chance at a map. Usually a 68.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Sep 19, 2015, 6:31:37 AM
"
Peacemakerex wrote:

"

nope they don't have a flat chance to drop +2. I never skip any boss and they never seem to drop +2 map of their levels.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Sep 19, 2015, 11:55:19 PM
"
Heroofexile wrote:

all he said was that you will never find a near perfect rare. you have to craft or trade.

Of course perfect or near perfect rares are, well, rare. You can find them occasionally, though. Also depends on what you consider near perfect and which character you're playing at the time.
I consider these gloves to be close to perfect. I found them, didn't craft:
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Heroofexile wrote:

Of course perfect or near perfect rares are, well, rare. You can find them occasionally, though. Also depends on what you consider near perfect and which character you're playing at the time.
I consider these gloves to be close to perfect. I found them, didn't craft:

Lol those gloves arent even remotly near perfect.This is whats wrong with the current rare drop in this game ive had this bow for about 2 years without ever seeing even a near upgrade.

I mean really what the point of playing if even mid teir rares are so rare they take years to find
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Sep 20, 2015, 10:03:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info