Why do girls hate me?

A little explanation:
I played my Tempests Templar without major problems up to A4 cruel, where some blue Fury Hound affected by a + fire damage tempest killed me.
No problem, I made a new one and started over.
Reached Cruel ledge (shrinking tempest), met Vorici who wanted me to dispose of an exile. So I walk along the ledge, enter Minara wossname. She got caught in a shrinking tempest and that was very cute. In the half dark I fiddle around on my keyboard to make a screenshot to capture her cuteness. I think she was a bit shy, because when I looked up again, she had summoned Vaal Skeletons and the leader was right beside me. End of Brathuhn II. So, yeah... I wanted to show some affection and she rejects me so. :(
Well, Brathuhn III got created. Intent on not getting killed on Cruel ledge again, I set out. So again I went and fetched the medicine chest, broke some eggs, got rid of cadavrus and the big crab and so on. I enter the Cavern of Anger and spot a "Sailor's Skin" and Merveil talks to me. Well, that's a new one. Seems like she mistakes me for Daresso and wants to show me our (or his and her) daughters. Ah... interesting. Venturing further in, there is more talk by Merveil. I then reach her abode, go nearer and again she talks. I didn't quite catch that, look at the green writing for a moment and am offered to resurrect in town. :P
Haven't died to NORMAL Merveil since the olden days (aka OB). Well, it was kind of a success. I did NOT die on Cruel Ledge. I think I see a pattern, though. Girls hate me. I'm sure the Fury Hound that got me with Brathuhn I was a Fury Bitch, too.
Brathuhn IV is now on his way. Let's see what kills him.

What I actually wanted to say:
Good job on the small additions to the Merveil area. It really adds to the atmosphere and is an interesting contrast to Daresso's ramblings about Merveil. Seems like we're not told the (whole) truth in A4. Seems like Daresso forsook the love of his life and broke her heart (maybe after she got tentacly).

Spoiler
Whilst this thread might contain traces of peanuts, it does not contain QQ.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Sep 18, 2015, 11:06:00 AM
I'm sure it's not just the girls, dude.

EDIT: That sounds worse than I meant it to.

EDIT 2: I mean in game. Like everything hates you.

EDIT 3: Oh god, I am making it worse.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 18, 2015, 2:20:29 AM
You've got to stop chasing them with no pants on...

Edit: lmao @ nait
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Sep 18, 2015, 2:24:00 AM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
You've got to stop chasing them with no pants on...

the man speaks the truth, it's important to let them chase you, especially if not wearing pants
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
"She got caught in a shrinking tempest and that was very cute."

My immediate thought was 'oh, pic of that would be awesome!' and then I kept reading and I'm so, so sorry.

Well played, birdbrain.

No worries.:D
I managed to take one picture. Unfortunately she is burning and my chaos golem is in the way.

LOL @ nait.
Bars and Shovelcut: You're probably right.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mini-Ara!

*so cute*

This opens up a whole new potential realm of Pets.

Imagine, having your very own Mini-Xandro, and instead of running away like your current pet, he actually lets out a chipmunk version of a "Rawr!" and then goes and attacks the enemies feet with his Groundslam.

Sure, he won't do any damage, but how cute would it be.

"I got this boss! RAWR!" Tiny-slam, tiny-slam, tiny-slam, "Die! You giant wanker!"

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
"
Mini-Ara!

*so cute*

This opens up a whole new potential realm of Pets.

Imagine, having your very own Mini-Xandro, and instead of running away like your current pet, he actually lets out a chipmunk version of a "Rawr!" and then goes and attacks the enemies feet with his Groundslam.

Sure, he won't do any damage, but how cute would it be.

"I got this boss! RAWR!" Tiny-slam, tiny-slam, tiny-slam, "Die! You giant wanker!"

And, to add immersion, if you accidentally step in his AOE, he one-shots you.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Seems like Daresso forsook the love of his life and broke her heart (maybe after she got tentacly).

I guess Daresso had not seen enough hentai to know where it was going.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 18, 2015, 4:00:21 AM
"
It's actually very GW1. you could get minis of all the bosses there. They were highly valuable.

Hang on... so, what you're saying (if I am putting this together properly)

"
Vinwolfy wrote:
When I look back at the start of previous temporary leagues, it always coincide with the release of a major patch/expansion. So maybe the reason for ending warband/tempest early is because the next major update is nearing completion. What do you think?

"
I think it's a reasonable assumption.

You're telling us that mini-boss pets are being patched in.

Just call me Nancy, because I Drew that conclusion.

Ha. Timing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info