Was wearing my Path of Exile T-shirt out tonight......

"
Bars wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
Did he try to flip his beer to you? If not, probably a self founder.

lol

"Hi, cool shirt, by the way I play solo hardcore self-found."
"Oh hi Shags"

Hahaha, it is true that the solo/sf/hc peeps pretty much shake hands while declaring how they play. Being kinda one myself (nice to meet you!), it almost seems neccesary to confess those details since our perspective on how to play can be quite different than the average POEer.

Edit: also love my tabula shirt. I don't dare wash it.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Sep 18, 2015, 8:55:16 AM
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

lol

"Oh hi Shags"

Hahaha, it is true that the solo/sf/hc peeps pretty much shake hands while declaring how they play. Being kinda one myself (nice to meet you!), it almost seems neccesary to confess those details since our perspective on how to play can be quite different than the average POEer.

This may be so, but I think it's much more ego-oriented in some players :)

edit: however, since that's already my 3rd jab at Shags along these lines, I feel I should point out it's all in good spirits and if he feels it's over the top, I apologize.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 18, 2015, 9:15:53 AM
I once saw another guy wearing the shirt while I was wearing it too. We gave each other a thumbs up and that's it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I once saw another guy wearing the shirt while I was wearing it too. We gave each other a thumbs up and that's it.

That happened to me once, except I said "look at that guy, that shirt's stupid, what a dork" to my friend, and then I looked down and said "oh, f**k"
:D
"
Bars wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

lol

"Oh hi Shags"

I don't have a shirt but I have had students come in my office with the forum up and say "What? YOU'RE Shagsbeard? WTF!" True story.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

lol

"Oh hi Shags"

I don't have a shirt but I have had students come in my office with the forum up and say "What? YOU'RE Shagsbeard? WTF!" True story.

There's an even better option: You see some student logged in the forum from their laptop and say "What? YOU'RE that asshole who keeps making fun of me in the forum! You're done, mate!"

imagine the lack of understanding and horror in the poor student's eyes - "WTF, what is this guy talking about, WHO IS HE, whom have I insulted on the forum recently... fuck fuck fuck"

edit: which reminded me of a story from a cyber cafe years ago: some guys are playing a DotA LAN game and they are all from the adjacent National Sports Academy, specialties like Judo and wrestling - everyone's a healthy 200+ pounds and their necks tend to be broader than the heads. A black dude (they are a rarity in my country) is playing from the opposite team. He's owning them. His hero is the Shadow Fiend:

The five well-muscled and short-tempered guys have no idea he's the one who's owning them. They haven't even noticed him. However, they are angry. They bang the keyboards, they shout, they explain in great detail what exactly they are going to do to this black motherfucker (referring to the actual hero, not the guy).

The black guy was so fucking scared, at one point he just couldn't take it anymore and bolted out of the cyber cafe :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 18, 2015, 10:24:43 AM
"What's Path of..Exile?"

A pc game. A very violent PC GAME >:|

".....okay. *leaves swiftly*
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
I'm sorry for the people who think that talking about their hobby is bad.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

lol

"Oh hi Shags"

Haha, that's cool.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I'm sorry for the people who think that talking about their hobby is bad.

I thought the same. When someone comments on one of my gaming shirts (sadly I don't own a POE shirt), I like to talk to them, to see a different persepective, man maybe make a new friend who plays D3 with me and wants to sell me drugs nearly every day. That was a weird dude.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info