Lagspikes Frankfurt Server

I've seen the same thing for about a week or so. It's getting worse by the day it appears. My flatline latency has gone up from 40 to 50 with frequent spikes of up to 1500. It makes no sense playing atm as I die faster than I can make up with XP for. I keep lagging into monster groups and find myself dead when the game resyncs. Happens about three times an hour.
I'm a customer with Congstar, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, using their network. But I'm also only seeing this in PoE. Everything else I've tried plays like cutting butter with a hot knife. And speedtest.net also gives me good results.

same problem here (huge spikes, Deutsche Telekom), please GGG, give a statement
This problem is occurring outside of our provider's network. Because of this, we are unfortunately not able to directly assist in fixing the route cause.

The problem seems to be starting with the jump to a router owned by Deutsche Telekom (62.157.249.78) on the inbound route. There is no packet loss outbound from the Frankfurt DC to clients.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
The problem seems to be starting with the jump to a router owned by Deutsche Telekom (62.157.249.78) on the inbound route. There is no packet loss outbound from the Frankfurt DC to clients.

Which incidentally appears to be the link where Deutsche Telekom and Level3 are peering. This IP comes up in various support forums all related to gaming issues.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
This problem is occurring outside of our provider's network. Because of this, we are unfortunately not able to directly assist in fixing the route cause.

Does this mean that every customer as to write email to their provider ( DT or subsequent small companies) trying to force them look into this issue? Or we have to switch to other game that don't have this issue?

It's not a customer (person playing GGG game) problem. Point. Ofc. technically its not a GGG responsibility - but I doubt any company want lose customers ( and this is not simple "some few customers") because of fault of theier ISP or any other vendor.

And yes, Fitzi, you can assist this issue indirectly with contacting Telecom and stating them yours probably revenue loss because of this error.

GGG could very well just create a realm within the DTAG network. So the whole "we can't do anything" mainly means they don't want to spend the money to properly spread their gateways.
The disconnection problem is not only for German peoples. In Italy we have the same problem, and others european country.

Instead, the "high ping problem" in Italy maybe is solved... yesterday i played @70/80/90ms in the afternoon. The game was obviously very well playable.

But disconnections remain...
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
Well, i hope im not the only one whose calling deutsche telekom now to do a legitimate complaint about that router!!! Guys go for it too.
The answer from Telekom: The problem (Server) is not our problem, we can´t solve this issue.
Last edited by Lotuzk on Sep 22, 2015, 7:04:22 AM
"
The answer from Telekom: The problem (Server) is not our problem, we can´t solve this issue.

Same for me. The chief engineer said he knows that kind of problems bu its nearly impossible for customers to solve this problem.
After a while he "said" with other words that the Content-Provider should go for direct contracts instead of using L3.

In fact the users cant solve this problem from their side.

Bad for us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info