Rory's Skill Design Presentation!

So can we now look at the ecology of "MINES" coming into the balance of the game.
"
horizon21 wrote:
We need a good single target bow skill. As others have said there are plenty of nerfed old favourites on the back burner. Do you think they could get dusted off and rebalanced? Aside from Poison Arrow (which required a hefty investment of exalts on my part) that is viable as single target, I can't think of another good single target good skill. Or am I missing something?

Frenzy has always been the go-to single Target bow skill.
Personally I think they are trying to find a better skill for racing. Spilt arrow sucks till its level decent an ice shot is good but no real ae to it without LMP. I been racing awhile an did more in season 12 an have seen how bad rangers are to other classes in every aspect. Can you say fire totem. If you look at where most ranger ever finish compared to the top 10 or even 20 they rarely their. Ranger just suck till you hit level 5 an get a decent speed bow to help how bad spilt arrow is.
I always wondered how the developers equilibrated skills in a game with so much options for the player to choice and specialize, like another skills that adds to the build, passive choices, support gems, etc.

It seems that the Path of Exile team is made by very skilled people, there's even a theory behind the construction of every aspect of the game.

You guys continue to amaze me, congratulations and most important: thank you very much for your spectacular work!
IGN: Mordecai_R | IGN: _x_Arcanjo_x_ | IGN: _Saitama_
this looks very nice, I would also recommend something resembling the wave beam from Metroid or maybe something that shoots out two arrows in a medium spread with a net in the middle that can cause chaos damage as it traps enemies in place for a short time or pins them to the ground
Yeah, I'd like to see the full talk. I'd also like Rory to adumbrate upon the distinction between 'support' and 'synergy' as considerations here. I'd also like to poke a bit of fun at these guys because the 'complexity' consideration seems to have flown right out the window when considering counter-intuitive skills like Magma Orb and Rain of Arrows.
The last still of that video looked like the archer had a lightning shield thrown up on the shot of the new skill, am I seeing things or throwing up a new idea?
In the video this skill appears to always pierce.
Is this an immediate 100% boost with Drillneck?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Anyone else just think about how point blank plus range totem would work with this skill lol.
How many of you at GGG are playing Magic the Gathering?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info