To all the players who cry about not being able to afford the best items and run end game maps

"
johnKeys wrote:
fuck "cheap". how do I get them?
and how do I get into harder content?

why must the answer to both (and more) must always be "RNG", huh?
fuck RNG. fuck economy.
economy should be a feature, not the baseline design.
and RNG should be a mechanic the game uses, to keep itself fresh and fun - not the fucking answer to life, the universe and everything.

This is how I view the economy: grocery shopping is fine, and fuck some assholes at the corporate, government and finance level. I dislike slave labor, but I can't just stop using something like, let's say, electronics. Selling and buying is fine, living without adding any value or just exploiting market failures is just parasitism.

What would I change? How items are produced, maybe in a similar way to you. I'd make things like Divination Cards more correlated to some specific challenge rather than a farm fest, but maybe that's idealistic. Risk Reward, or at least some semblance of that.

That being said, some things shouldn't be behind a paywall (like maps), or at least not behind a stupidly expensive one (league modifiers and rolling the right mod combinations, sacrifice fragments and chisels, etc.)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
grind one's gears
English
Verb

grind somebody's gears ‎(third-person singular simple present: grinds somebody's gears, present participle: grinding somebody's gears, simple past and past participle: ground somebody's gears)

Meaning:

(idiomatic) To annoy, irritate, or infuriate.

/thread.
"
Yeah hi guy content should be gated by DIFFICULTY not by RNG

End of story.

Can someone explain if I'm missing something here because this seems to still be a very prevalent theme for some strange reason.

If you or anyone else doesn't agree with RNG gated content then why are you playing this game? The WHOLE GAME is designed around and based on RNG. The entire currency system is dedicated solely to randomizing items. PoE is the classic "theme park" model taken to the extreme. Why wouldn't the hardest content follow this same principle?

I think it's pretty clear that GGG isn't changing this gameplay design drastically any time soon. I just never understand why people insist that it should change or it will change. Just embrace it, RNG is the nature of the game and without it being such a focal point, the game wouldn't be nearly as fun.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
joebagz wrote:
"
Yeah hi guy content should be gated by DIFFICULTY not by RNG

End of story.

Can someone explain if I'm missing something here because this seems to still be a very prevalent theme for some strange reason.

If you or anyone else doesn't agree with RNG gated content then why are you playing this game? The WHOLE GAME is designed around and based on RNG. The entire currency system is dedicated solely to randomizing items. PoE is the classic "theme park" model taken to the extreme. Why wouldn't the hardest content follow this same principle?

I think it's pretty clear that GGG isn't changing this gameplay design drastically any time soon. I just never understand why people insist that it should change or it will change. Just embrace it, RNG is the nature of the game and without it being such a focal point, the game wouldn't be nearly as fun.

It's so cute thinking you sound like you know what you're talking about.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 17, 2015, 7:17:28 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

you didn't get it.

Still not too sure you do..?

"
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy

First line. Make your peace with it already.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
More like second line. [/extremenitpick]
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
More like second line. [/extremenitpick]

Fine, the baseline then.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
It's so cute thinking you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Thats it? Care to actually reply in any meaningful way or is that some anti-debate stall tactic :P Or better yet, is this going to turn into another "GGG needs to buff drop rates because I still can't sustain a map pool argument."

You play the game or the game plays you, which is it?

"
johnKeys wrote:
why would I want to get "wealthy"?

you do the trade. you grab other people's orbs. you gain the "wealth".
me? I'm here to enjoy some good monster hacking and awesome character building.

what's wrong with me wanting to occasionally get something good/fun/build-enabling? nothing.
what's wrong with me wanting to get the above, as a function of my own skill and knowledge of the game? nothing... except GGG seem to disagree, which is why they put Scrotie's favorite doom sentinel RNG at the gates.
the gates, to everything.
so you either pay him - preferably in Exalts - or you try your luck against a house that always wins.

and you know what? I'm glad someone like I_NO who saw both sides of the economy fence, actually agrees with the above.

not that a blatant troll thread like this one deserves an actual serious response.

Why are you making it so hard on yourself? The game is balanced around interacting with other people.

Trade or Grind. If you don't want to trade you can't complain about being at a disadvantage.

PoE = RNG. Trade reduces RNG. Stack the odds in your favor. GGG have no intention of adding food stamps brother.

"
Nasreth wrote:
The majority of complaints I see are generally just from people with different expectations for a game. It's hard to please everyone with game design and GGG sticks pretty close to their roots.

It's called "Grinding" Gear Games for a reason. A reason that they've stated. People who aren't willing to grind will find themselves short on the build enabling gear that makes this game fun. To be completely honest, if I played through the campaign for this game to merciless and stopped playing after ~73 maps I'd probably call it a bad game. Some people aren't willing to spend more time on a game than that, therefore ARPG design like PoE is not good for them.

And then you've got the other types of people who aren't willing to use internet resources to min-max. Perhaps led by some appealing notion of "self-found" or simply too lazy or inexperienced to look around, but they tend to waste time and resources on pointless things. These are the people who brick their first characters passive tree so hard that they can't map, and then when they're 300 hours into the game they blame flippers for their lack of wealth when really it was just a lack of knowledge and they didn't take advantage of the volatile early economy to get a head start. You can enjoy self-found but if you do, then you have to set your expectations differently because you're playing a different game than everyone else.

+++ My thoughts exactly, no need to grief if you can't accept the inherent disadvantage you are putting yourself at by not trading, learning the outside tools, game mechanics etc..
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
This game was created and developed by Grinding Gear Games. Think about this for a while.

/thread.
"
cathartist wrote:
This game was created and developed by Grinding Gear Games. Think about this for a while.

/thread.

/thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info