To all the players who cry about not being able to afford the best items and run end game maps

"
johnKeys wrote:
fuck "cheap". how do I get them?
and how do I get into harder content?

why must the answer to both (and more) must always be "RNG", huh?
fuck RNG. fuck economy.
economy should be a feature, not the baseline design.
and RNG should be a mechanic the game uses, to keep itself fresh and fun - not the fucking answer to life, the universe and everything.

Yet again being over the top and hyperbolic, calm down johnkeys.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 17, 2015, 1:58:15 PM
am I? I don't think so.
that's the way it is. the way it feels anyway after years of enjoying this game.
so stop canceling arguments with buzzwords like "hyperbolic" and actually answer them.

calm down? maybe. when I'm done being pissed off by both the design directions GGG are taking, and fucking useless threads like this one.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
am I? I don't think so.
that's the way it is. the way it feels anyway after years of enjoying this game.
so stop canceling arguments with buzzwords like "hyperbolic" and actually answer them.

calm down? maybe. when I'm done being pissed off by both the design directions GGG are taking, and fucking useless threads like this one.

Go play D3, literally bashing your head to the wall in a game designed after D2 multiplayer ladder. Even if you don't like the design of D2 multiplayer ladder, game does it okayish in regrades to other play-styles. Could do better but really come on.

Hyperbolic isn't a buzzword, it is literally telling you are being over the top in expressing your opinion about the game when really isn't that bad.

Also there is nothing to answer to you because no matter what advice people give you, you dislike the answer. Why would I waste my time when you are unwilling to even play the game remotely how the game creator designed it. If you dislike it sure, but personally I don't see why you waste your time disagreeing and doing everything in your power to be the complete opposite thinking it will somehow change the game.

If the game stops being fun for you, play another game. It's a video game, it is not a permanent fixture in your life that changes upon your whims and how you want it to be. It will get boring, there will be better more fun games, sometimes someone may release a better ARPG or one designed exactly how you would like it.

It is not "your way or the highway." It's you enjoy the game or you do not enjoy the game, you may suggest actual ideas to improve the game in ways you would like but that is the extent of it.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 17, 2015, 2:05:34 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
fuck "cheap". how do I get them?
and how do I get into harder content?

why must the answer to both (and more) must always be "RNG", huh?
fuck RNG. fuck economy.
economy should be a feature, not the baseline design.
and RNG should be a mechanic the game uses, to keep itself fresh and fun - not the fucking answer to life, the universe and everything.

It's not RNG at all. RNG allows you to gain incredible wealth, but it doesn't stop you from progressing at a typical pace.

Use regal recipes, sell all your 6 socket items for jewellers, and vend items for alteration/alch shards when you can. Between that and random currency drops which are far from rare, you make very consistent income in this game. Enough to fill out an entire new character in moderate gear within a week of mapping.

Since I started playing the game I have found one single item worth more than an exalt in value that I was able to sell. Despite this I've managed to gear out a fairly expensive cast on crit discharger, wearing a voll's devotion worth at least 20 exalts purely from recipes, currency drops, and selling rares to other players for 5-20 chaos each.

And if you refuse to do the above then you really have nothing to complain about. You're playing the game in a different way than it was designed. Which is fine, if that's what you like, but there's nothing to complain if you're imposing self-made restrictions on your own progression.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 17, 2015, 2:06:04 PM
I'm not saying the game is bad, unless you're reading backwards.
the game is awesome, fun, complex and overall literally years worth of top-notch entertainment.
that's why I'm here. still here.
but the game is also so much "economy-based" and some much "reckless RNG" it makes me sick.
in my opinion, it would have been a hell of a lot better if both economy and RNG served their actual purpose instead of the game serving theirs.

"
Nasreth wrote:
income

you didn't get it.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 17, 2015, 2:06:31 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'm not saying the game is bad, unless you're reading backwards.
the game is awesome, fun, complex and overall literally years worth of top-notch entertainment.
that's why I'm here. still here.
but the game is also so much "economy-based" and some much "reckless RNG" it makes me sick.
in my opinion, it would have been a hell of a lot better if both economy and RNG served their actual purpose instead of the game serving theirs.

"
Nasreth wrote:
income

you didn't get it.

Grim dawn may or may not be finished this year, I may see you there too if you wish to try out another game.

Titan quest design.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:
income

you didn't get it.

The only thing I don't understand is why you think imposing a ludicrous restriction on yourself to not trade and interact with people makes the game poorly designed. It's like participating in a scavenger hunt and complaining when you lose to teams of 4 because you insisted on playing by yourself.

There are plenty of ARPG genre games out there that aren't designed around trading. Diablo 3 is a great one. They sacrifice longevity and player interaction to give people a nice self-found experience. If that's your bag then go for it, but there's no point smacking your face into a wall when this game clearly isn't designed to your preferences.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 17, 2015, 2:24:45 PM
The funny thing is, as much as i believe that rng doesn't dictate the flow of the game and that you can do a lot of stuff without trade, if i had an infinite amount of high lvl maps, i would be playing the game right now instead of writing this.

It's the first league where i have filled almost three stash tabs, two of my own and the guild stash, with low lvl (73-) maps.

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 17, 2015, 2:56:24 PM
"
Malone wrote:
"
Yeah hi guy content should be gated by DIFFICULTY not by RNG

End of story.

No. Difficulty is always beaten by players , and farmed at some step. This would kill the game.

sry to inform you but rng IS beaten in this game ... by everyone who trades.

edit:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

It's the first league where i have filled almost three stash tabs, two of my own and the guild stash, with low lvl (73-) maps.

this is how my mapping tab looks like.
the other 2 tabs a full, i have a 3rd one for low level maps that is not shown. also vendored around 40 maps for chissels.

funny thing. the shrine map you might spot ... i got it from a random rare +5lvl strongbox in a 76 map. guess this used up my whole luck for the rest of the league.

Last edited by Ruefl2x on Sep 17, 2015, 3:11:53 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
The funny thing is, as much as i believe that rng doesn't dictate the flow of the game and that you can do a lot of stuff without trade, if i had an infinite amount of high lvl maps, i would be playing the game right now instead of writing this.

Yeah. GGG and some of the so called "Knights" almost make it sound like gating level appropriate content is a good thing.

There's one reason for gating content: Make the game seem longer -> more time consuming. And it's a very bad design choice.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info