To all the players who cry about not being able to afford the best items and run end game maps

"
I like how you're trying to sugar coat the OP It's great.

Your just salivating over all those items.
The OP and many posters have pointed out the biggest problems that PoE has, mainly that:

1. GGG has no real end game except mapping and hoping for a great drop.
2. Therefore the grind to level 100 must be prolonged as much as possible.
3. Trading is made artificially difficult to prevent many top gear builds.
4. Thus only real requirement to playing is time (must be a PoE slaver or flipper to succeed).

While I don't and never ever expected the road to wealth to be paved in gold (no overload of quality loot) the way PoE works (or is broken as a result of) the extreme time grind to see a very good or great drop is a big impediment to all non-PoE slavers that can't or just flat out don't want to have to commit 28+ hours a week to advance a build to high levels. It is also true that no one is forcing anyone to play 28+ hours a week just to advance into the upper 70s, 80s, and eventually 90s levels. So while GGG makes for less opportunities to get better gear as we advance a build, our need to find or trade for better gear to advance becomes greater just to continue to level without either becoming a PoE slaver (no-lifer) or taking years of time to grind enough xp. Thus, the progression bar is too high for most and only top players will advance.

I do believe that GGG wants it to be this way and thus I am left out (unless I want to become a no-lifer) and quite probably millions of other accounts have been abandoned as a result. It's time for GGG to get their Public Stash way to buy/sell up and running this year to make that part of the endgame much easier and thus make the grind for xp less painful.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 18, 2015, 8:50:32 AM
"
This [Nationality here] [gender here] makes 100ex/hr without even leaving the house! Click here!

So wouldn't click.

The problem isn't that we can't afford end game stuff... it's that the game is being developed in a way that is too punishing for those that chose not to. There's a huge market out there for people who prefer to play solo/self-found and they've been tossed under the bus. Huge loss of income for GGG.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 17, 2015, 1:22:20 PM
"
The OP and many posters have pointed out the biggest problems that PoE has, mainly that:

1. GGG has no real end game except mapping and hoping for a great drop.
2. Therefore the grind to level 100 must be prolonged as much as possible.
3. Trading is made artificially difficult to prevent many top gear builds.
4. Thus only real requirement to playing is time (must be a PoE slaver or flipper to succeed).

i remember someone saying in another threads where d3 was compared to poe (again...). it was something like: 2 different games, same genre. i really think that those two games also defines what their endgame can be about.
for me poe is the sandbox arpg, where i start new chars constantly to test out new skills and builts. i guess this would be the least reason to start another char in d3:) i only have one lvl 91 in standard and im sick of playing her even. so depending on what you like to do, endgame is something u define. for me endgame starts with getting the fancy stuffs i always wanted to use in a build until i got sick with the char.

@topic
i really dont think the complaining about being poor is really that prominent in this forum compared to the other "scandalous" stuffs which are often discussed here (x4. im looking at you!) :)
"
Yeah hi guy content should be gated by DIFFICULTY not by RNG

End of story.

No. Difficulty is always beaten by players , and farmed at some step. This would kill the game.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Sep 17, 2015, 1:24:02 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Well this turned out well.
Not really.
Spoiler
I think that's what you were saying anyway, but Poe's Law.
Spoiler
Not PoE, Poe.
In other news, I'm getting tired of I_NO putting her should-be sig in every damn thread. Frankly it's about as logical as "our leader should be decided by lineage, not by a roulette wheel." The essence of strawman, and even then debatable.

The main difficulty factor in maps is not, not, not their level, but which affixes and affix combinations you will accept. This has an RNG element to it but is mostly a matter of comparing the size of your wallet with your (gamer, gender-neutral) cojones. When people say "content" or "difficulty," what they should mean is map affix combinations, but what they normally mean is "loot drops" - that is, progression.

Nuff said. Tired to see all time the same complainers cause they can't get wealthy due to their lack of clues.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
The majority of complaints I see are generally just from people with different expectations for a game. It's hard to please everyone with game design and GGG sticks pretty close to their roots.

It's called "Grinding" Gear Games for a reason. A reason that they've stated. People who aren't willing to grind will find themselves short on the build enabling gear that makes this game fun. To be completely honest, if I played through the campaign for this game to mericless and stopped playing after ~73 maps I'd probably call it a bad game. Some people aren't willing to spend more time on a game than that, therefore ARPG design like PoE is not good for them.

And then you've got the other types of people who aren't willing to use internet resources to min-max. Perhaps led by some appealing notion of "self-found" or simply too lazy or inexperienced to look around, but they tend to waste time and resources on pointless things. These are the people who brick their first characters passive tree so hard that they can't map, and then when they're 300 hours into the game they blame flippers for their lack of wealth when really it was just a lack of knowledge and they didn't take advantage of the volatile early economy to get a head start. You can enjoy self-found but if you do, then you have to set your expectations differently because you're playing a different game than everyone else.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
why would I want to get "wealthy"?

you do the trade. you grab other people's orbs. you gain the "wealth".
me? I'm here to enjoy some good monster hacking and awesome character building.

what's wrong with me wanting to occasionally get something good/fun/build-enabling? nothing.
what's wrong with me wanting to get the above, as a function of my own skill and knowledge of the game? nothing... except GGG seem to disagree, which is why they put Scrotie's favorite doom sentinel RNG at the gates.
the gates, to everything.
so you either pay him - preferably in Exalts - or you try your luck against a house that always wins.

and you know what? I'm glad someone like I_NO who saw both sides of the economy fence, actually agrees with the above.

not that a blatant troll thread like this one deserves an actual serious response.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 17, 2015, 1:47:20 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
why would I want to get "wealthy"?

you do the trade. you grab other people's orbs. you gain the "wealth".
me? I'm here to enjoy some good monster hacking and awesome character building.

what's wrong with me wanting to occasionally get something good/fun/build-enabling? nothing.
what's wrong with me wanting to get the above, as a function of my own skill and knowledge of the game? nothing... except GGG seem to disagree, which is why they put Scrotie's favorite doom sentinel RNG at the gates.
the gates, to everything.
so you either pay him - preferably in Exalts - or you try your luck against a house that always wins.

and you know what? I'm glad someone like I_NO who saw both sides of the economy fence, actually agrees with the above.

not that a blatant troll thread like this one deserves an actual serious response.

I mean I agree we are still hyperbolic here.

Vast majority of items are dirt cheap with the exception of a few being really expensive.

People need to stop acting like vast majority of builds are not basically free or require very low investment.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 17, 2015, 1:50:55 PM
fuck "cheap". how do I get them?
and how do I get into harder content?

why must the answer to both (and more) must always be "RNG", huh?
fuck RNG. fuck economy.
economy should be a feature, not the baseline design.
and RNG should be a mechanic the game uses, to keep itself fresh and fun - not the fucking answer to life, the universe and everything.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info