To all the players who cry about not being able to afford the best items and run end game maps

Bones everywhere the vultures fly away and cycle repeats itself.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
NU! you can't make me!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
luck is a very small factor if you play a lot, the more you play the closer you get to the actual probability of things

the super rich players did not find those items themselves, there are people with hundreds of mirrors worth of stuff and i doubt they found even one

i bet the self found part of their net worth is like 0.1% or less

especially in this patch all the uniques went down in price, finding a shavronne's doesn't mean much anymore

in open beta i got a mirror in the first weeks just by trading, didn't really find anything worth a lot, then i sold it for the price it went for at the time (then i quit the game came back in 6-12 month and wanted to kill myself when i saw the price of mirrors)
if i was smart i would have googled the probability of a mirror dropping and would have realized how grossly underpriced it was, brain >>>>>> luck

just keep playing and something will drop, a unique, a good rare, a good card, whatever, stuff drops and without finding anything spectacular and just saving all the orbs you find and rares/uniques that sell easily you can grind yourself a mirrored weapon sooner or later

same goes for tarding, if you organize your stash meticulously and have a well organized trade thread and keep on clicking that up arrow in trade chat you will get a good deal eventually

btw the op got on probabtion or this thread? are you kidding me when did the mods turn nazi?
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 16, 2015, 7:22:25 PM
"
Yeah hi guy content should be gated by DIFFICULTY not by RNG

End of story.

What that guy said. When it comes to maps anyway.

On a different note. This game wants you to get extremely lucky or farm more than a full time job. Focused divination card farming? What a joke. You could go to your job IRL for the same amount of time and afford or do something truely fun. DROP RATES ARE HORRID.

I am not a casual player. I would play this hours on all end all day when im in the mood.

Also I find it silly lvl 100 is for "nolifers" and takes forever but they have stated and encouraged character deletion and rerolling. So much for character owership. Doesnt much matter when maps don't drop to grind XP anyway.

Trading is also horrid. If your going to make a game where trading is more tedious than EvE Online then at least provide in game options.
Last edited by 3Half3Evil3 on Sep 16, 2015, 7:26:53 PM
and uber atziri has a substantial skill element, i saw ppl with 350pdps bows doing it and other with high end items failing hard

the boss fights in this game are very well designed and have a big skill factor, it's not just about having a build that sits there and namelocks the boss, don't know what other game like this has such well designed boss fights (not that i play other games but i've seen a few over the centuries)
"
Yeah, the major bosses are well designed, and with lockstep in play, it's much easier to appreciate that now.

Why is a combat log too much to ask for?

Or a proper mini map?

"
Well this turned out well.
Not really.
Spoiler
I think that's what you were saying anyway, but Poe's Law.
Spoiler
Not PoE, Poe.
In other news, I'm getting tired of I_NO putting her should-be sig in every damn thread. Frankly it's about as logical as "our leader should be decided by lineage, not by a roulette wheel." The essence of strawman, and even then debatable.

The main difficulty factor in maps is not, not, not their level, but which affixes and affix combinations you will accept. This has an RNG element to it but is mostly a matter of comparing the size of your wallet with your (gamer, gender-neutral) cojones. When people say "content" or "difficulty," what they should mean is map affix combinations, but what they normally mean is "loot drops" - that is, progression.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 16, 2015, 9:23:59 PM
"Time, not lucky" really ? i've been playing 12h/day since the drop rates has been raised, what i found? nothing. about 5~6 maps per hour
Last edited by Suzim on Sep 16, 2015, 10:02:39 PM
It's sad that people like this exist in POE community they just making them game even worse.
"
Suzim wrote:
"Time, not lucky" really ? i've been playing 12h/day since the drop rates has been raised, what i found? nothing. about 5~6 maps per hour

lol dude if you sell all the rare items you can carry back from maps for alt shards and pick up currency and do the chaos/regal recipes that alone should have been quite a few exalts by now, and you really didn't find any rare that u can sell in all this time? 12 hours a day? lol
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 17, 2015, 1:26:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info