To all the players who cry about not being able to afford the best items and run end game maps

"
Grinding Gear Games - Remember that name

Did you mean Grinding Map Games? Because thats the big problem, grinding for gear seems ok. But not beeing able to play any decent areas really stinks.
"
Zhatan wrote:
"

Did you mean Grinding Map Games? Because thats the big problem, grinding for gear seems ok. But not beeing able to play any decent areas really stinks.

If you know how to run maps you will not run out of high maps. Also it is impossible to run out of kaom Pathes or Dried Lakes even if every player would run MF build 24/7
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 20, 2015, 5:55:28 PM

"
If you know how to run maps you will not run out of high maps.

Care to share your tips so everyone knows how to run maps? Because at this point unless you are a streamer with donations, getting help from a party or just plain lucky not many people are having much luck not running out of high maps.
Agree with everything OP wrote. Sadly in won't help much since this community is infested by players who simple refuse to learn or adapt but instead wants everything served on a silver plate.
I don't care about being able to afford the best items and run end game maps. Playing HC, i know eventually I will probably lose whatever I have. What I dislike about the game is, regardless of how many hours I put in I will not find anything.

I want to be able to craft, 6 socket and link my own shit, but as it stands right now you are just putting yourself at a disadvantage. The crafting in this game is deep but it's almost impossible to take advantage of it unless you really invest. I invested 30+ days playtime. 6 characters to 86+ tempest and I never found myself in a position to self craft a great item. A mediocre item that needs some weird assortment of stats sure but nothing more. It was always in my best interest to just buy an item. I don't need GG items to have fun, but being able to find a, lets say, Windripper and then self craft the gear you need feels good and is fun. Everyone should be able to experience a build that involvs a t1 unique it's.. Fun. Instead these things are gated and then hoarded by the top players. x4 the uniques, higher div card drop rate? I didn't notice a thing.

At the end of the day its a game and suppose to be fun. Playing stock market and trading, for me at least, is not fun but mandatory. I want to find an item that makes me want to make a new character.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Agree with everything OP wrote. Sadly in won't help much since this community is infested by players who simple refuse to learn or adapt but instead wants everything served on a silver plate.

thx for showing that you have no clue what this community is about.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Yeah! Thousands of hours isn't enough - we don't deserve progression! PoE isn't a game played for entertainment, it's a gauntlet to test our worthiness as human beings. We should be grateful for what little we get!

Sarcasm aside, it's totally fair to have a discussion about PoE's difficulty, availability of top-tier gear and maps, etc. But insulting a large group of players and calling them entitled just because they want some minor balance changes isn't a productive method of furthering that discussion.

P.S. I don't actually believe that drops or progression are as bad as I implied in my sarcastic rant.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Yeah! Thousands of hours isn't enough - we don't deserve progression! PoE isn't a game played for entertainment, it's a gauntlet to test our worthiness as human beings. We should be grateful for what little we get!

Sarcasm aside, it's totally fair to have a discussion about PoE's difficulty, availability of top-tier gear and maps, etc. But insulting a large group of players and calling them entitled just because they want some minor balance changes isn't a productive method of furthering that discussion.

P.S. I don't actually believe that drops or progression are as bad as I implied in my sarcastic rant.
You're so vain; you probably think this song thread is about you.

I don't think Frankenberry said anything tabboo. The key word is "infested," which you're responding to as if the word implies a majority of players are a certain way. Actually, "infested" is neutral on quantity and proportion, so that's a bad inference. "Infested" is not neutral on how welcome such entrenched visitors are, but that's just, like, his opinion, man.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 21, 2015, 6:13:32 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

You're so vain; you probably think this song thread is about you.

Scrotie with the Carly Simon ref! Heyyyo, showing yr age man

Spoiler
that mustache man :/
Spoiler

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Sep 21, 2015, 2:46:43 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:
"

If you know how to run maps you will not run out of high maps. Also it is impossible to run out of kaom Pathes or Dried Lakes even if every player would run MF build 24/7

Its also impossible to progress there, so whats you point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info