2.1 Beginners Build: Magic Find Incininerate Block Tank (iiq33/iir430) cheap and easy

"
judobike2000 wrote:
Hi I really like this build so far @ lvl 55.

I am only in cruel and having a good time with it so far. I had stepped away from POE for a couple years and wanted to get back in game with something new for me and this build has been filling that desire nicely, so thanks very much.

Question: What would be a solid place to start gear-wise for mapping? What would I need to runs maps effectively so that I don't die and get plenty of drops? I play standard and recently came back as I mentioned and I just would like to know what stage of MF gear is required to have a profitable experience. And what sort of stats I should shoot for when I begin to map (armor, health etc. etc.). I guess I will need to spend time amassing a small fortune to buy the nicer gear but until then I need gear that will be adequate.

Thanks for sharing your build.

Better to start mapping after level 70
When you can take

This shield is very cheap and give you a lot of defence
"
Pushkins wrote:
Incinerate is no longer affected by Spell Echo, as was intended in 2.0.0. Incinerate now only adds 50% more damage for each stage, down from 100% more damage. Incinerate's damage has been increased by 15% at level 1 and reduced by approximately 8% at level 20.
:/

Just use new "Controlled Destruction" gem instead of "Spell Echo"
Yes incinerate was nerfed, a lot, espesially againt bosses
But I it's still quite good
And I think, that it's still impossible to find spell better then incinerate
"
Deaner3D wrote:
looks like blade vortex can be swapped out for incinerate, though it'll probably get nerfed before too long :/

Blade vortex can give you DPS, but not clear speed
"
WarlockUra wrote:

As I said before in another thread:

Forget incinerate and go Arc. You can use the same gear and only a slightly different tree. The dmg output is great and there is no channeling bullshit involved.

My old incinerate tree:

The new changed tree for arc:

Sadly replacing echo with controlled destruction doesn't save incinerate from being crap now. It takes ages these days to reach stage four AND the damage bonus for each stage is only 50% now. I really tried it and with very good gear it is still possible to play incinerate but it is so slow it feels just horrible. The switch to arc is a REALLY BIG qol-upgrade and the fun triples near-instant.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
WarlockUra wrote:

As I said before in another thread:

Forget incinerate and go Arc. You can use the same gear and only a slightly different tree. The dmg output is great and there is no channeling bullshit involved.

My old incinerate tree:

The new changed tree for arc:

Sadly replacing echo with controlled destruction doesn't save incinerate from being crap now. It takes ages these days to reach stage four AND the damage bonus for each stage is only 50% now. I really tried it and with very good gear it is still possible to play incinerate but it is so slow it feels just horrible. The switch to arc is a REALLY BIG qol-upgrade and the fun triples near-instant.

Hey lol, got any sort of guide to go with this?
"
konart1s wrote:
Hey lol, got any sort of guide to go with this?

Sorry no. I only changed the tree of my lvl. 94 incinerate char to arc. I have never thought about how to level a new char with it. But since there is nothing fancy about the tree I think it should be easy to figure out. The only information that I can add is the skillgem setup:
arc
lightning penetration
spell echo
controlled destruction
faster casting
empower
Apart from that and the slightly different tree I use the same gear than before. The only thing that I had to change was a crafting resist mod because now I don't use fire walker anymore instead I use Lightning walker.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Currently doing 666lol666's arc version of this (with my own version of the tree).
Here's my target tree: poeurl.com/uy8
And current tree: poeurl.com/uza
And shitty gear

Currently doing pretty ok. 200%IIR with IIR gem. The build is very survivable and the only issue I've been having is my resist. Which are pretty good considering how little is on gear atm, I'm reaching 72/75/75 with endurance charges up. The damage reduction from endurance charges is pretty nuts. So I'l be going Soul of steel to further increase my physical defenses after grabbing the Diamond skin node (because I'l be losing my shield resist), but hopefully it won't be too bad with Lioneye's remorse.

Since I'm still leveling I'm not putting IIR on my main Arc for now.

Feedback appreciated. I'm unsure if I should take the Sanctuary shield cluster. They're looking fairly mild (because this build already doesn't have that much block I'm not gaining all that much from the block) but the other nodes available aren't too hot either.

Leveling in Dried lake proved fairly inefficient. The mobs are simply too lightning resistant to effectively farm without a 5l (I got my 5l fairly late).
Last edited by MrSnowman on Dec 19, 2015, 11:03:07 PM
Is this in the talisman league?
About an arc

Sorry, this char is a TANK, so no Witch area
We really need to go to dualist area for getting more block
For tanky char Incinerate is still the BEST spell !!!
I tried it !!!

If you want to be A DAMAGE DEALER - you can go to arc, but I am a TANK !!!

For me clear speed is the SAME
Only bosses take more time to kill, but it's not a big problem with our survivability

Just remember to use Faster projectives
Its VERY importent now
Incinerate is much much slower go to stage 3
so we need a lot of range to stay still !!!

Also if you need more damage just use 5 frensy charges
+1 from tree
+1 from bandits
it will give you 33% more damage

Also in next patch this char has to be a Dualist
to take 100% free spell block from subclass

SO - NO ARC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by WarlockUra on Dec 27, 2015, 4:39:10 AM
"
WarlockUra wrote:

Also in next patch this char has to be a Dualist
to take 100% free spell block from subclass

SO - NO ARC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will probably rather go one of the Templar classes that have not been posted yet or maybe scion, something that gives more damage. Reason is because using Stone of Lazhwar still get you caster speed and with Rath Globe you get other helpful stats like spell damage, life, and some light resist. That dualist class tree will only give you block and attack speed for mobility.

Edit: One think I am hoping for next patch is for them to add something like a vaal firestorm, something to add to a 4 link that we can use for bosses.
Last edited by deadmeat9 on Dec 27, 2015, 2:03:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info