How can 6 portals be enough?

Hello,

To get quickly to it:

How can 6 portals be enough?

I mean, am i supposed to leave 99% loot behind?

Last edited by PrototypX on Sep 16, 2015, 12:11:39 AM
Hello,

To get quickly to it:

Yes.

I mean, you are supposed to leave 99% loot behind.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Hello,

To get quickly to it:

Yes.

I mean, you are supposed to leave 99% loot behind.

Hello,

To get quickly to it:

Why?
Ah, the rub.

Portals have value based on their scarcity, and as such the items that drop have inherent value as well. Path of Exile mapping is designed around your qualitative judgement of the value of an item, and whether it warrants the use of a portal to retrieve.

The screen you've linked is an example of the cost of running an MF build - sure you get a lot of stuff, but then you have to make the judgement on what stuff to salvage.

It is actually quite elegant, if you think about it. The only thing that really keeps the playing field even for everyone - yes, you may be able to kill everything in the map in 10 seconds, and have it all drop a bazillion items, but you're limited to bringing out the same amount of items as the poor schlub (like me) who takes 20 minutes to clear the map.

Charan, or Scrotie, or Ray or one of the other big brains like that floats around the forums can explain it better than me. I'm just a retired publican, after all.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 16, 2015, 12:25:17 AM
"
Ah, the rub.

Portals have value based on their scarcity, and as such the items that drop have inherent value as well. Path of Exile mapping is designed around your qualitative judgement of the value of an item, and whether it warrants the use of a portal to retrieve.

The screen you've linked is an example of the cost of running an MF build - sure you get a lot of stuff, but then you have to make the judgement on what stuff to salvage.

It is actually quite elegant, if you think about it. The only thing that really keeps the playing field even for everyone - yes, you may be able to kill everything in the map in 10 seconds, and have it all drop a bazillion items, but you're limited to bringing out the same amount of items as the poor schlub (like me) who takes 20 minutes to clear the map.

Charan, or Scrotie, or Ray or one of the other big brains like that floats around the forums can explain it better than me. I'm just a retired publican, after all.

Damn nice!
I wouldn't call it nice.

I REALLY want to bring everything out with me, especially on high quantity maps that I invested a tonne of currency into. I mean, hell, I've pretty much paid for everything that has dropped, right?

But alas.

This is why I get tired of running MF after a while, I get sick of having to make the choices, ID the items etc. Running non-MF is easier, you usually only end up with a couple of inventories worth of loot.

Still...

"
I wouldn't call it nice.

I REALLY want to bring everything out with me, especially on high quantity maps that I invested a tonne of currency into. I mean, hell, I've pretty much paid for everything that has dropped, right?

But alas.

This is why I get tired of running MF after a while, I get sick of having to make the choices, ID the items etc. Running non-MF is easier, you usually only end up with a couple of inventories worth of loot.

Still...

Yeah i mean nice for your explaination.

I would like to have 12 portals or even more but yet we never will.

sad :)
It's quite enough because 99% of the shit you find is GARBAGE.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

If you only pick up mjolners or shavs and consider all the rest to be GARBAGE then yes ;P
"

I dunno El-T-Rexy-Poos, each alteration shard is another cobblestone on the road to glory and riches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info