Hall of Grandmasters, WTF

You also have to realize that PVP balancing applies in the map, which is unique. I forget what this does, but you'll want to look it up. Also, many grandmasters are "snapshotted" aka they're forever in the state they were then they were submitted. This means you'll get OP block builds from 1.2 and high dps ones from 1.3. Also the grandmasters get stronger and stronger as you progress through the waves.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Xaxarius wrote:
I've tried this a few times a few months ago in standard on my mjolner toon. COuld not finish even 1 branch of this thing.

Tried here in warbands just now with my consuming dark dual flame totem. Again, could not finish even one branch. I did swap out my dagger with a wand as needed for the dudes who were obviously chaos res.

Can anyone do this thing? I would have thought my mjolner toon could have done it in standard, but some poison arrow loser killed me in like .00005 seconds

I mean, what's the point of having a map in this game, WITH EXPERIENCE PENALTY, that no one can dp???

Please don't send this to gameplay, I believe it's more than just a gameplay issue. The whole idea of putting this in the game warrants general discussion imo

I've tried this map before. I would never do it unless I had just leveled up and had zero experience. Otherwise it's just not worth it as you say.

Others have said: it's a PvP map. So builds made to PvP will do better in it. Character builds that are not made with PvP in mind probably won't be able to complete it.

This is just one more example of how this game's overly-punishing death penalty discourages players from doing content. In the end: that's the root problem of most of this game's faults.
No matter what build you pick there's typically a few in there that counter you pretty well. Tried a crit puncture ranger and had a hard time dealing with summoners. Tried to bring in my discharger and struggled against some builds that run around with high movespeed, especially the trappers. Tried my flameblast witch who surprisingly did the best, but she ran into a cycloner with so much life regen that I couldn't actually kill her so I gave up.

I think if you want something reliable for clearing the map your best bet is offscreening with explosive arrow or something.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
do you even SRS bro?
Git R Dun!
"
Nasreth wrote:
No matter what build you pick there's typically a few in there that counter you pretty well.

I'm sure many of the people creating those GMs tried very hard to make them as challenging as possible. This would have included trying to think about what sort of build would be able to handle most the others and then specifically designing theirs to counter that.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:
No matter what build you pick there's typically a few in there that counter you pretty well.

I'm sure many of the people creating those GMs tried very hard to make them as challenging as possible. This would have included trying to think about what sort of build would be able to handle most the others and then specifically designing theirs to counter that.

Yeah there's some really smart stuff in there. It's a pretty challenging map, I've still not been able to full clear it though I haven't really put a lot of effort into it. Maybe I'll dedicate some time to making a specific build that can... could be fun =P
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
a friend of mine full cleared it solo in hc a few weeks ago. No mjolner or coc stuff :)

Just gotta get a more pvp focused build that can deal with most types of chars. Also having nice defenses helps as well
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Welp I wouldn't recommend incinerate totems :P

There's a dang max spell block/lightning herald/Tempest Shield/Codt burst toon. I think the guy was called kraith - just wrecks summons and fast casters.

A flameblaster would eventually hit/crit I imagine without killing themselves to codt burst/Tempest shield.

3rd time I've failed HoGM's in past 1 month. Back to the drawing board :P

EDIT: Oh wow... forgot the Block Chance Reduction Gem existed. My main issue each attempt has been block and dodge, 35% less block chance is a definite game changer. Gonna level it up and have another go asap!
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Nov 25, 2015, 9:47:51 AM
I npc that map for 10 alch shards. Seems to be the best thing you can do with it.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
A friend of mine did it with a triple curse trapper but it took him a very long time and in the end he didnt even get one worth while drop so yeah maybe just leave it untill you get a full set of mirror rares (like a certain streamer) and just face roll it.

lol speak of the devil
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Nov 25, 2015, 12:18:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info