So 90% of good HLD players are...

... either bow or shield-melee.

- Where are all the spell-casters gone? Only Ice Storm seems to be viable (op?) now. There might be a bunch of them in the near future.
- Where are the trappers? I didn't meet up with any trapper for weeks!
- Two-hand melee: these poor guys don't stand a chance against anyone.
- Totemers, summoners and other fun builds have never been around at all.

Why is there so few seperate pvp-balance?
Diversity is almost non-existant in HLD... .
Where exactly are you playing? ;p
Really where are you playing?
Where are Casters?

Shadowthefall with his 150K EK. KatMPB seems inactive but his arc is also good(there are many prople who wouldnt agree with me on this)

Where are trappers?

pappababppa or however he is called. He is really annoying(means succesful) fire trapper.

Two Hand melee

Well they seem really strong still, but i feel like they need a buff somehow.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
They are all gone after seeing how bad pvp became with no hope of improvement in the futur.
Last edited by IceDeal on Sep 10, 2015, 10:04:56 AM
Im still waiting for OPs 12k es 1200 regen whispering ice character to appear on any ladder. You wont see a lot of builds if you only play in sarn arena. But on top of that a lot of people simply arnt playing atm or moved on to other games.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Rupenus wrote:
Where are Casters?

Shadowthefall with his 150K EK. KatMPB seems inactive but his arc is also good(there are many prople who wouldnt agree with me on this)

Where are trappers?

pappababppa or however he is called. He is really annoying(means succesful) fire trapper.

Two Hand melee

Well they seem really strong still, but i feel like they need a buff somehow.

I don't think 2h needs buffed honestly. The only thing that should be changed which would directly impact 2h balance would be to un-nerf Kaom's. On average 1h users are hitting 5-6k hp with or without crit/block. While new Kaom's users are in the 8-9k realm some even lower depending on build choice. It's not enough to offset a shield, speed of 1h or crit potential. Any changes made to 2h other then that will just buff people who already have legacy Kaom's further while new Kaom's users are still behind them by 1800 life on average. 2h can win any match up in my opinion, so buffs/nerfs shouldn't span beyond a Kaom's revert. The location of Acrobatics paired with the lack of 2h/axe/mace/elemental nodes in that area most 2h that aren't sword are relying solely on hp as a defense. Why should hp be gimped to 500 on Kaom's when this is the case? Even at 1000hp with or without fire damage its still an uphill battle versus heavy crit damage but that's beyond the point. It's much closer to being balanced.

Edit: Even if GGG looks at it from a PvM perspective. ES pools + shields + crit are > hp pools. Flasks or not, if you need health flasks in PvM you're ass anyways.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 10, 2015, 8:10:05 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:

I don't think 2h needs buffed honestly. The only thing that should be changed which would directly impact 2h balance would be to un-nerf Kaom's. On average 1h users are hitting 5-6k hp with or without crit/block. While new Kaom's users are in the 8-9k realm some even lower depending on build choice. It's not enough to offset a shield, speed of 1h or crit potential. Any changes made to 2h other then that will just buff people who already have legacy Kaom's further while new Kaom's users are still behind them by 1800 life on average. 2h can win any match up in my opinion, so buffs/nerfs shouldn't span beyond a Kaom's revert. The location of Acrobatics paired with the lack of 2h/axe/mace/elemental nodes in that area most 2h that aren't sword are relying solely on hp as a defense. Why should hp be gimped to 500 on Kaom's when this is the case? Even at 1000hp with or without fire damage its still an uphill battle versus heavy crit damage but that's beyond the point. It's much closer to being balanced.

Edit: Even if GGG looks at it from a PvM perspective. ES pools + shields + crit are > hp pools. Flasks or not, if you need health flasks in PvM you're ass anyways.

You re right about kaom, at least it should be raised to 800 life or i don t know, add something like 2% regen with it if it stay at 500 ( so ppl can drop regen nods for life nods).

But i think there is another point for 2h is the problem of this new tree and jewels that raised the block and the fact GGG decided to raise attack speed of most weapons and lower the phy damage.

If 2h non legacy+non mirror would want to even kill an average 1h they should also have access to more bcr on tree (like making all weapons have a block nod reduction on tree somewhere)

I see it for the point of view of a "poor" player just able to buy a disvavour.

Of course your idea of a white BCR gem would help melee 2h allready a lot. I fear that rt axe/staff/mace would still be behind because of the lack of bcr on tree.

I know slow hit is good vs blocker but sadly nowdays blockers also have high es regen making it impossible to even hurt them once you pass the block with your 500-600dps rt weapon.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 11, 2015, 5:20:23 AM
I later retracted that white bcr gem idea. Mainly because of how powerful other builds would be if they didn't have to keep a green socket. Balance would get wrecked hard if other builds had more freedom.

I did however post a few times about 2h only bcr cluster. For 2h sword/axe/mace/staff, removing the sword only cluster and making bcr passives 2h only. That in my opinion makes so much sense. I still prefer a Kaom's buff personally but you brought up that bcr and I agree.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
My HLD caster is still alive and currently runs with firestorm as the main skill, it's really effective and does much more damage than ice storm if built properly.

Wand/shield is still the way to go if you want a true caster imo.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info