Your self found characters...

"
cesmode wrote:
How far do your self found characters(Warbands/softcore) usually go before you decide that you are losing XP(via dying) faster than you are gaining it? Im talking about total self found...not trading uniques and rares for tons of currency. Everything self found.

"Losing XP faster than gaining it" is a playstyle problem, not one of playing self-found or not. If you die too much, you either change your build, or switch to content that's less risky.

My solo/self-found Warbands character is at level 93 now, keeps going forward.
I died at 94,45 in Tempest so.. like others said it's not selffounding that kills you... ;D
d:-D*
Got my max block (legacy BoR + legacy Anvil) marauder to 89 the other day. Leveling isn't hard, it's just gawddamn boring. I want the challenge of running Hall of Champions, Death and Taxes etc when they are actually a challenge for my level+gear.

I don't like that doing new or hard content penalizes me.

IMHO, the exp loss should removed from Standard. Replace it with a death counter, for giggles/prestige. As this toon is one of my oldest, I paused leveling several times to farm gear for him and other alts. Occasionally, this involved stubborn zerging... His death count is probably north of a 1000 - most in the lvl 70+ range. :-)

For those who care about the softcore ladder (both standard and temp league), you could have multiple ranks:
- no deaths
- 1 death
- <5 deaths
- level, regardless of death count
- most deaths (I might be ranked on this one!)
At 72 so far and still using my MF rings and amulet (except for boss's). I'll switch out for some with better resists when the damage comes faster than I can run and pot. Just found a new rare bow with 40-100 higher phys than my previous. Why stop?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
I'm in no hurry to get to a point where finding an upgrade is nearly impossible. I switched from D3 a couple months before Awakening and didn't have any trouble getting a Wander to 90 before moving on to other builds.

I haven't traded publicly yet but share loot with a couple others in my group. Equipment hasn't been a limiting factor, except for the fact you are locked out of certain builds. I'm thinking of starting to sell items to support my Jewelers/Fusing needs, but I suppose that's how it starts...
I used to play my crit-staff marauder self found till around 85lvl. Then I bought him Hegemony's as his previous staff was really to weak. Besides that all his gear is self-found (dropped on another char too, so I don't know if it counts as proper "self" found).

I'm casual player and char was/is extremaly squishy so seems that it's possible to get pretty far playing self-found
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Sep 13, 2015, 3:41:57 PM
I hit the wall around level 85 regardless of the type of build I create. I still play them anyway because they're fun.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
I go until about level 40 and begin again
Got my char to lvl 80 in Warbands (at a very chill pace though). Had an unlucky streak of deaths between 78-79. But that was just my own fault of not paying too much attention.

Fully Self-found. Still need to swap some things though.

Spoiler

I dont play my characters further than 85 though. But that is got nothing to do with playing self-found or not.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info