Your self found characters...

How far do your self found characters(Warbands/softcore) usually go before you decide that you are losing XP(via dying) faster than you are gaining it? Im talking about total self found...not trading uniques and rares for tons of currency. Everything self found.

Just curious
I'm usually playing self-found chars as league openers, so their purpose is to allow me to turn on the maximum cheapness mode and set aside everything I find to buy items to transfer into standard because they are either much more expensive there or exclusive to the temp league. So, I play them until I buy everything I want, self-found builds aren't there to be interesting.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Currently struggling to hit 90 (standard) and unless something totally unexpected happens in favor of solo play/self found, that will be the highest I take this character! Always going 3 steps backwards only to end up going 1 step forward. I'm all for the game being difficult but my gawd some of this shit is straight up brutal!

All in all I've only sold an Mjölner, Rat's Nest & Cloak of Defiance and purchased nada.
I usually don't trade at all before having finished merciless dried lake farming (level 80+) on my first character in new temp leagues, hc and sc.

I never stop, even in the hardcore leagues when I feel like playing them. Solo Self Found is the most fun way to play, atleast in my opinion.
Why should a self found character get to such a point anyway?

For me, the biggest problem, as self found is the jewelery, running pretty long time with a 2 good mod magic items. 3-4 good mod boots, gloves, helmets and chests r relatively common, imo. Weapon and jewelery is crafted later on with alts + regal + master.
Farming Vaal with a lv 70 ranger, got some good drops, need a rare amulet drop but it's simply not dropping...

Found a really good unique bow(infractem) in a rare "Box" that had "Has 1 Unique item" on its properties, in act 3 cruel.

Didn't have much problems and I dodn't even trade once, although the farming is getting a bit boring, but that's how it goes i guess...
Last edited by Gordyne on Sep 9, 2015, 12:46:57 PM
"
1337fun wrote:
Why should a self found character get to such a point anyway?

Cause game is improssibru without trading, Improssibru! @OP, your question is 'leading the witness'.
Just hit 85 today.

I have traded for exactly one item on this character.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I only go self-found. This league (WB) I tried a magma orb char which bombed because it was boring and flameblast does better. I tried southpaw reaver, but it was also boring. I think it needed some uniques to make it happen. i finally settled on summoner and this will be last the char i play this league. hoping to reach mid 80's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info