Why Alt F4 / Portal out?

Are we talking about manual logout or botted logout ?
to simply answer the initial question "Why"?:

well, my guess goes for viewercount on the Twitch-channel. it seems, that people are attracted to. "look, i play it Hardcore"

i always smile about this stuff, since hardcore in PoE isn´t really the good old fashioned hardcore, where you actually FULLY lose your char and the items for good.

in PoE, the char gets transferred to softcore, where you can still play it (pls correct me, if this has changed by now).

and now the breaking news for the wolves: PoE does not even have a hardcore-mode!!! :-p

this makes the alt-f4- and macro-logout-"pros" even more ... [insert a word of your wishes]
Last edited by Speedjunkie on Sep 11, 2015, 6:08:11 AM
I play pretty much exclusively hardcore, and I can honestly say I've not used ALT+F4 to escape death... I've also died quite a few more times than Snorkle, but still managed to get a few toons into the 80's.

I enjoy playing hardcore because of those moments when you nearly die... like those heart stopping moments when your flasks are empty, and both you and the boss are on low life. I don't have enough time to play competitively, so the only person I would be cheating by pressing ALT+F4 is myself.

Having said this, I have used it to save my arse several times due to lag / desync. It doesn't work every time, but it's infinitely better than the system in D3 - as has been mentioned the D3 timer system greatly affects play style imo.

I also wonder; if hardcore is so 'safe and easy' because of these mechanisms, why is nearly every page on the Tempest ladder (except the first page) half full of dead toons?
"
1235 wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
They really need to remove alt f4 from the game and implement a short 2, 3 second delay where you cant log out so people dont abuse this bad mechanic.

GGG or better said chris posted a very bad post some time ago that he played like that diablo 2 and think its normal (good thing he didnt played with bots or RMT, now those two things would be in game also, but than again I have nothing against RMT perse).

But with removal of desync this should also be removed as there is no good reason for it to be in game anymore ( it should work the same way what they did when there was the last cut throat league).

dear noob there already is a delay SOMETIMES, i died with close to 100% HP several times and got away with 1% HP a few times as well

You do not even know how to insta logout properly and call him a noob? #selfowned

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
There's no point to playing hardcore anyways so let them do what they want. It's a damn game.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
miljan wrote:
blah blah...

this is your rage mode thread, you are the one who brought up these other games, no one else is raging theyre just telling you how it is, deal with it. Im far from a fan boy, Im mostly known on these forums for being hyper critical of the game and constantly having issues with many things that I post about at length. This is not one of them, it used to be, I used to think like you back when I first came to this game and then over time I actually realised why it is this way, why that makes for a better game.

I dont use logouts, Im not a blinded fanboy of this game, Ive got nothing to be bitter or upset about, Im just someone who can be bothered to tell you what the deal is. The other 99% of the forum that know what I am saying is right are so far beyond having this conversation, have just been here and said these things so often so long ago that they cant even be bothered trying to communicate with someone like you. This is a topic that was put to bed years ago by clued up people.

When I say 'your game' I dont mean YOU, I mean blizzards game, they have to put in a cheat death passive in their game because they havent made a game where you can avoid damage by having skill, that is the ultimate in lazy design. If you dont even know what im talking about there then you basically dont understand the games enough to be having this convo with me.

Im done replying to you, have fun responding to this with "omg ur so mad hahaha omg fanboy lol, game so bad lazy game hahaha your upset cause your fanboy of bad game lelele omg lol" which is about as meaningful as your debating seems to be.

Yea man, my rage mod thread, that I didnt started, and just posted that I agree with OP. Than someone needs to jump and defend bad things in the game, and just cant let go. You can say your not a fanboy, but until you stop acting like one and the way you post, that will not make you any less of a fanboy. So how you behave is what defines are you one or not, not what you think.

No, this topic was not put in bed and never will be until its changed and fixed as same as desync and other problems this game had or still has, and its not a surprise this type of topics pops up often.

And that "crappy, lazy" blizzard game still did a better job and not make a cheap hack in their game with lazy log out and alt f4. Even shitty blizzard made a good choice, a better one that PoE.

Also you dont need to announce will you not reply to someone anymore, even that if you where smart you should stop replaying few posts back as you didnt add anything and just showed what I said in my posts.

I see that you got a promotion and that even if you wanted to replay you cant now. I am not surprised, because of the way you act.

And this game is not bad, but it has it bad and lazy parts, and this is one of them that needs to be fixed. Its not a huge problems, but it is still a problem that needs addressing.
Last edited by miljan on Sep 11, 2015, 1:27:35 PM
I believe this thread would work much better if people simply reported their personal experience and stated their opinions, instead of insisting that their statements are objective truths, that other opinions are objectively wrong, that other people aren't qualified to make a statement for whichever reason, or that personal attacks are an acceptable technique in a discussion.

Just saying. :)
AltF4 and portal abuse is ridiculous cheese in HC and even SC for players who dont want to lose 10%. Need to end. Even carebear D3 doesnt allow this and PoE advertises to be hardcore.
Git R Dun!
lol go play eve online, that's a true hardcore game.

Alt-F4 to run away, you stay logged in for fifteen minutes

Dark souls 2 will ban you from pvp if you alt-F4 to avoid death.

There is nothing hardcore about hardcore league in POE, its basically softcore players playing by softcore rules with bigger epeens.

I play "softcore" poe where the real hardcore players reside, since we face the penalties of death head on
Last edited by Asmosis on Sep 11, 2015, 6:24:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info