Why Alt F4 / Portal out?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

They should if they want to fix the problem.

there is no problem

Normally there is a problem. Having a cheat of using alt f4 is a problem in this game, and a lot of people think PoE hc game is a joke. And normally, who wouldnt? If it was not sad it would be funny, I mean people fucking use alt f4 to get out of the game, use macros to log out. You cant get a bigger sign that there is a problem in the game.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

at least d3 implemented something that is in the game and works

no it doesnt, hc in diablo 3 is an absolute joke, its not taken seriously, people who play hardcore in d2 and poe often play softcore in d3 because its a completely dogshit joke that doesnt work. you either play content with no risk or play content with risk in a manner that takes away all the risk. the main way people die there is by getting disconnected because the game doesnt drop them it just lets them die even though their client has disconnected from the server, so you cant take it seriously. You dont die in the actual game unless youre an idiot basically, you proc cheat death and then wait out its cooldown.

Yes it does. A lot of d2 and d3 players call PoE hc a joke, in combination with cheap trick and no delete of items on death they say there is no HC in PoE.

Also its not correct that you either play safe or not. You will need to play as fast as possible in HC if you want to compete, you need to take risk, no matter can you use cheap bad mechanics of alt f4 and macros or actually play without that bullshit. But even bigger problem is that its simply a bad mechanic

This needs to be fixed if HC want to be taken seriously, and more importantly because its extremely dumb and lazy thing to have in game.
Last edited by miljan on Sep 9, 2015, 5:06:35 PM
"Look at me I'm so pro with my 500000ex gear I can one hit anything, uber Atziri or merciless Malachai are both a joke, never a need to alt-f4 anything. It'll make my interweb ego that much higher if the devs make it harder for everyone else to survive HC and more people RIP to HC, har har."

/thread

*yawn*

Ever heard of the phrase "it's none of your #%*@ business how others play a game unless it somehow affects you in a certain way"? Well now you have.
Last edited by melodia1 on Sep 9, 2015, 5:18:48 PM
"
miljan wrote:

Normally there is a problem. Having a cheat of using alt f4 is a problem in this game

its not a cheat, its not a problem.

"
miljan wrote:

A lot of d2 and d3 players call PoE hc a joke

no they dont.

"
miljan wrote:

This needs to be fixed if HC want to be taken seriously

hc is taken seriously.
Regardless...in my personal humble opinion, I think the hardcore players in POE that alt f4 out are "less" hardcore than someone who does not. If I play hardcore, its with the risk of dying...if I am in a boss fight and I notice that Im in over my head, well then thats that. I don't need to alt f4 to save myself from a death in hardcore. Doing so kind of defeats the purpose of hardcore.

There, I said it. Go on, flame me.=)

Each player has their own playstyle and opinion on what is right and wrong, and you are welcome to play it the way you do. If a particular build is strong/over-powered do you avoid playing it because the game is easier or do you choose to play it anyway?

The Alt+F4 debate will never end as long as GGG has said that its a mechanic they are aware of and do not have a problem with being used.

There were similar debates about the use of Add-Ons in World of Warcraft, with people saying Raid assistance mods meant that defeating a certain boss in a raid wasn't as cool as their "hardcore" guild.

You play the game to your own rules and stop judging everyone who doesn't follow them. If you feel your "pure" 90 HC is better than their "cheated" 90 HC then you can feel that way, but those who are using Alt+F4 are not breaking any rules, they are just using the mechanics available to them in the way they see offers them the greatest chance of success.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Normally there is a problem. Having a cheat of using alt f4 is a problem in this game

its not a cheat, its not a problem.

"
miljan wrote:

A lot of d2 and d3 players call PoE hc a joke

no they dont.

"
miljan wrote:

This needs to be fixed if HC want to be taken seriously

hc is taken seriously.

l
Normally its a cheat and a bad mechanic. No one cant say its normal to have alt f4 in a game and use macros to abuse a cheap and bad mechanic.

And yes, HC is a joke, and the reason a lot of people are calling it that is because of the problems the game has. And those need to be fixed

a lot of people arnt calling it a joke, thats something you just made up. You and a ridiculously tiny minority of people are.

its not a cheap and bad mechanic, and its not being abused, its an intended mechanic that is working fine and resulting in the sort of play it is intended to result in.
Instant logout is undesirable, as it makes the logout macro part of your characters skill set, breaks immersion and is counterintuitive for new players.

GGG still allows it as it helps counterbalance some of the unfair situations their game creates for the players (desync, monster damage snapshotting etc.).

Some players refuse to use it, others feel like they are forced to use it despite not wanting to, to stay competitive in the game and in the economy - as the logout button allows you to build/play significantly more agressively, especially in hardcore.

"
miljan wrote:

Listen to me fanboy, you should stop defending bad mechanics in game, and call other people noobs because they want that shit to be fixed.

Dont care how many timew you cheated with using alt f4 and how much HP you have left, this should be fixed. And you should die if you dont know to play and got yourself in a bad situation from witch you cant get out.

Its really funny what shit people will defend. Unfortunately nothing new.

the truth is you are too slow to use altf4, you tried and you failed and you want other people to die like a noob just like you, this is what all these threads are about every time, noobs who fail and want others to fail too

and nobody refuses to use it, they are just too dumb to use it in time
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 10, 2015, 9:33:36 AM
Sorry for noob question... But what does HC mean ? HypoCrisy ? ^^

[/joking]

Of course Alt+F4 is a bit cheaty, but it's part of Windows mechanics so even if we don't agree with this behaviour, we just have to live with it.

What I think is more annoying is when Alt+F4 is executed by a macro to do it faster and/or automatically. I have even seen famous streamers use a macro that automatically returns to login screen. And unless their name is The Flash, I can't see how they manage to press Esc, move the mouse to "Quit to login screen" and click in 0.001 second.
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Sep 10, 2015, 10:27:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info