Why Alt F4 / Portal out?

It's a strange situation.

The end result is that in the hardcore leagues, the higher a player's level, the more likely they are using softcore style techniques.

In PoE, 'hardcore' is an illusion, exile.

Just play and have fun. :)

It is as stupid as stupid goes!

GGG feels that making alt+F4 a part of the game, gives them the ability to create more interesting monster mechanics. You are encouraged to use it. It's a legit mechanic. It's funny.

I've played hard core in D2 and D3, and will NEVER understand people USING or DEFENDING the use of ALT+F4. It's as soft core as it gets (without playing soft core).
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 9, 2015, 10:22:40 AM
1. game is balanced around alt+f4
2. alt+f4 is part of windows
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Phrazz wrote:
It is as stupid as stupid goes!

GGG feels that making alt+F4 a part of the game, gives them the ability to create more interesting monster mechanics. You are encouraged to use it. It's a legit mechanic. It's funny.

I've played hard core in D2 and D3, and will NEVER understand people USING or DEFENDING the use of ALT+F4. It's as soft core as it gets (without playing soft core).

As much as I try to wrap my head around the fact that GGG encourages AltF4 use, I can't. It seems so cheap. And for people that think like me/us, a lot of them won't get high level HC characters that begin to use some really interesting build mechanics.

In this current season, I started out on hardcore and after a few characters, I said screw it...going Warbands with the same determination to stay alive by playing the game smart. I got frustrated because I lost my character simply because I didn't abuse an Operating System mechanic.

I think one of the bigger issues with POE is the fact that there are too many aspects of the game that are not actually coded into the game itself...i.e. the need for people to use 3rd party websites/forums for trade, and Alt F4.

Id also love to hear from some of the more prominent streamers what their thoughts on this are? Im talking the top 50 hardcore players that stream...the guys that post all of the builds, the guys that have hundreds or thousands of ppl watching them stream at any given moment. I don't want to name names. But I log off their stream every time I see them alt f4 or portal.
Just so ya know (in reference to my question), I've never Atl'd out or X'd out. I take my deaths like a man! Woman? (Ranger).

Peace
"
kamil1210 wrote:
1. game is balanced around alt+f4
2. alt+f4 is part of windows

one of the few times i have to agree with you ;)

on a side note:
alt+f4 is a bad way of getting out of dangerous situations. it has a short delay (due to windows closing the program). it is safer to "esc -> exit to login screen" or use the port-disconnect program.

"
cesmode wrote:
Why are you playing hardcore if you are going to Alt-F4 out if you feel you'll lose your character? Go play softcore if you are afraid.

"
cesmode wrote:
In this current season, I started out on hardcore and after a few characters, I said screw it...going Warbands with the same determination to stay alive by playing the game smart. I got frustrated because I lost my character simply because I didn't abuse an Operating System mechanic.

Edit* Also want to add, if you would be playing the game "smart", you probably would not lose too many chars in torment :)
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Sep 9, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
1:) Leave the poor horse alone.
2:) Why do you care?
"
RootCookie wrote:
1:) Leave the poor horse alone.
2:) Why do you care?

Because for people trying to 'compete' in tempest/hardcore leagues, you have no choice but to conform to this cheap method of saving your character even if you don't think its right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info