Sarn Statue Reborn?

"
Wraeklops wrote:
So it did really change?
I do not play that often and I cannot remember things very well, but I had the impression that the statue used to look different. :)

The Statue was marble white like the rest of Sarn. It wasn't Iron-Grey like its recently sculpted.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
It seems like Dominus exiled a good sculptor recently.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
I honestly didn't even know it was there. I've either just never noticed it in all the years, or just forgot about it. Now that I do though it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Can't say i like this change much...in the middle of the well-known sarn we suddenly get a GREEN statue?

I mean, it's totally unfittin on the enviroment. Like a waterfall on a desert dune. Immersion-breaker imo.
Let's pull our tinfoil hats for a moment here and start conspiracy theories.

The statue is green and does sticks out like a sore thumb, so while it would seem it's only graphical for now I'd say it will be of some importance in the future, thus why it sticks out.

Next the statue has two plates or in other words, it's a scale. For what? I wouldn't truly know, but if I was to wager a bet, I'd say it might be for something RNG related, thus you'd be thinking, which way will the scale tip... Besides, we all know how GGG likes to throws us really horrible RNG. The sockets, the links, the colours. All very RNG related and incredibly bad for the player end with chances to get what you want for sure but at hopelessly high costs.

Alright class, we can remove our tinfoil hats now.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
First thing I thought when I saw it was "hey, this looks clickable !"
Well, second thing, actually, the first one was "I never noticed this, I must be going slightly senile."

If I had to guess, I'd say it will be some sort of leaderboard for the arena or something related to it. Also, it has a pretty neat map of Wreaclast on the front of the base, I wonder whether it's significant or just a filler.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Damn economic recovery.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
i hate it!

it destroys the atmosphere.

it just seems some art designer made a cool looking statue not designated for a specific location.
then they had to put it somewhere but still didnt know where and some other guy completely unrelated to the gameplay and atmosphere said "hey isnt there a broken statue in sarn encampment? let's put it there".

has to be the same guy who removed kudukus hill or the bridge in the submerged passage.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
has to be the same guy who removed kudukus hill or the bridge in the submerged passage.

Do you mean the one in the Caverns?

Unlike some changes we've made, nobody intentionally removed that bridge.

The reason that it isn't in the current Caverns is that it only ever existed in the Caverns 1 area. The current Caverns is based on the old Caverns 2, and the old Caverns 1 no longer exists.

It was a genuine oversight, and we plan to add the bridge back at some point.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Ruefl2x wrote:

Do you mean the one in the Caverns?

Unlike some changes we've made, nobody intentionally removed that bridge.

The reason that it isn't in the current Caverns is that it only ever existed in the Caverns 1 area. The current Caverns is based on the old Caverns 2, and the old Caverns 1 no longer exists.

It was a genuine oversight, and we plan to add the bridge back at some point.

"Oversight"? A likely excuse!

You make it sound like you guys have been hard at work implementing a new act or game iteration or something! Such slackers! =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info