When will PoE be challanging?

Hello.

I'm new to PoE and wanted to find a game that would really challange me. I seen that this game has a hardcore mode and I love the idea of having one life, especially being a first time player!

As most new players would, I have done every quest up to "find the karui spirit".

I'm finding myself spamming Molten Strike constantly with no thought and my HP doesn't drain at all so there's no point in using my other survival skills..

I understand that I'm level 10 in a level 6 zone but I don't want to miss out on any good quest rewards such as the 1 passive point reward!

When will it become more than spamming Molten Strike?

Thanks,

Leeges.
When you enter act4 in cruel difficulty, typically, normal difficulty isn't supposed to be challenging, more of an introduction of sorts. As you climb endgame maps the difficulty ramps up quickly once more and in highest tiers it crosses into brutal territory, unless you got a really tough build, of course.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 8, 2015, 2:53:26 PM
I hope you have a staunching flask on you. Cheers! =D

No worries, it will get harder but PoE starts off easy and ramps up the difficulty later. Although, the really difficult part is probably creating a good, safe build that is viable for most maps and learning how everything works.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I highly recommend that you bookmark this thread to read it again in a month or two :) You'll like it, I promise.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
"
Muldini wrote:
I highly recommend that you bookmark this thread to read it again in a month or two :) You'll like it, I promise.

This is good advice.
yea, dont judge a game based on being so low level. There are many people who can be lv10 in 15-20 minutes, and done with act 1 in about 30 mins tops. Unfortunatly, because of the massive learning curve of the game, there's a 100% chance your first character will fail eventually. My first one failed miserably at 55 lol. Good luck with the game :)
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
yea, dont judge a game based on being so low level. There are many people who can be lv10 in 15-20 minutes, and done with act 1 in about 30 mins tops. Unfortunatly, because of the massive learning curve of the game, there's a 100% chance your first character will fail eventually. My first one failed miserably at 55 lol. Good luck with the game :)

My first is 75 now using frost blades farming 68 maps. Just need a bit of reading up plus planning. Not all first character will fail. Give the new guy some faith...lol
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
Bookmarked thread for future reading

When the author is clearing lvl 80 maps I hope he follows up.
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
Leeges wrote:
Hello.

I'm new to PoE and wanted to find a game that would really challange me. I seen that this game has a hardcore mode and I love the idea of having one life, especially being a first time player!

As most new players would, I have done every quest up to "find the karui spirit".

I'm finding myself spamming Molten Strike constantly with no thought and my HP doesn't drain at all so there's no point in using my other survival skills..

I understand that I'm level 10 in a level 6 zone but I don't want to miss out on any good quest rewards such as the 1 passive point reward!

When will it become more than spamming Molten Strike?

Thanks,

Leeges.

If this is your first character and by miracle you finish Merciless Act 3 without crashing against the famous wall of "lack of good items" or "lack of a decent character" only then you'll be able to think "that was all?"... But unfortunately that's not all even remotely, as there is Act 4 and then Maps. I think is a lack of respect to post this kind of thing just having a character of very very very very veeeeeeery low level...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Sep 8, 2015, 10:13:58 PM
You can't honestly judge at Level 10 if the game is or isn't challenging.

Normal difficulty (and especially Acts 1 and 2) must be considered like game tutorials.

I can assure you that Merciless difficulty, and high crafted maps, will be really challenging once you reach them.

Hardcore won't bring you anything more in terms of difficulty, simply the frustration to die from lag or disconnection. I don't advise this mode if you're new to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info