Why do we have 20kes-5k es regen build possible but not life ones?

Why do we have 20kes-5k es regen build possible but not life ones?

I never seen a build with like 3k life regen 10k+life using non legacy kaom possible but nowdays there are all those super tanky ES regen builds with pretty "average items" (i mean by that items not worth like 200 ex).

Why is the game so much hard on life regen build?

For build diversity shouldn t we also have life regen build viable?

If I wanted to stack only life regen I would still get rekt by one shot while ci+es regen build can tank pretty much everything in game.

So why the game is designed to gimp life regen, do you think the devs are afraid it would be too op?

GGG even promoted a 20k es/4k es regen in build of the week. Seems they are ok to have almost immortal es builds (at least they are immortal in pvp) but they are very afraid when it is about life builds.

here the super tanky es regen build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
ES: 20,893
Armor: 4,393
Regen: 3,708.5
Chaos: 100%
Fire: 75% (146%)
Cold: 75% (142%)
Light: 76% (215%)

Life regen rate is slow and in order to get more than 9k life you need to sacrifice armor and dps while CI+ES only have to sacrifice dps.

Imagine if it was permited for life builds to get 20k life,4k life regen and still like 4k armor?
I don t know why for CI this is possbile.

But maybe I am wrong, is there anyone out there that made a build like this but for life using non legacy kaom?
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 8, 2015, 6:19:07 AM
well, because theyre different. You can make an 8k life 800 regen build if you want, but the thing is you can do that while also wearing a lightning coil, having armour, evasion, life flasks, being at the bottom of the tree as an attacker with huge physical damage leech and leech rate, life on hit gem 7 attacks per second aoe etc. You dont sacrifice defense on gear for that life pool the way an es build does.

Life is so much better than es that if u could have 20k life 3k regen no one would ever even humor the idea of using es, thats sort of what es has going for it while not having all those other things.

edit: when I say armour i mean real armour, like 10-20k armour + 6 endurance charges type armour.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 8, 2015, 6:24:35 AM
Because with ES, you just have ES. Nothing else.
Life is accompanied by other mitigation: armor, evasion, all kinds of uniques etc.

The builds with 20k ES not only sacrifice their damage, they are also super expensive and have nothing else, but their ES.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
well, because theyre different. You can make an 8k life 800 regen build if you want, but the thing is you can do that while also wearing a lightning coil, having armour, evasion, life flasks, being at the bottom of the tree as an attacker with huge physical damage leech and leech rate, life on hit gem 7 attacks per second aoe etc. You dont sacrifice defense on gear for that life pool the way an es build does.

Life is so much better than es that if u could have 20k life 3k regen no one would ever even humor the idea of using es, thats sort of what es has going for it while not having all those other things.

edit: when I say armour i mean real armour, like 10-20k armour + 6 endurance charges type armour.

how do you create such a build.

I for exemple have a level 98 marauder. In order to have 8k life i had to use normal kaom and take only life nods and few resist nods.

I could not take dps nods (I opted for a 2h) and i use the strongest available unique non mirror axe (disfavour).

My dps is far from being at the top with 10k dps cyclone.

Now, having to take so much life nods i also have only 4k armor as a result for 8k life and 900 life regen. Still in level 78 maps i get one shot by rares since life regen don t really help with sudden big hit and i don t have chaos resist since finding normal items with high life and res is allready hard.

Can you point me out a build on the forum with 8k/800 life regen, 10k armor and good dps? I mean i can t create one for myself but maybe there is some i can look.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 8, 2015, 6:32:33 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
Now, having to take so much life nods i also have only 4k armor as a result for 8k life and 900 life regen. Still in level 78 maps i get one shot by rares since life regen don t really help with sudden big hit.

What rare in this game does >8k oneshots?
And even if such a monster exists (I don't believe you), why do you tank it?

"

Can you point me out a build on the forum with 8k/800 life regen, 10k armor and good dps? I mean i can t create one for myself but maybe there is some i can look.

No, not possible.
How could you have DpS, when all you do is taking life nodes?

Maybe like this:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxFg9_FhjxthfP_ZIjM_vDhQg5FFQRykufLgaPlcN8aytjdlhggfyQdIhdqzPfhiRvJ86Ug48FHHZfBRN_EsFLXrvQKBeE-9OYVKGYHTtU6Ucpwxfxq7Yvf4Ktz6DzDwtg1-mVzrh8kVN4_6PNZJoZfObkc6WbBLhktBGt9NvaPKvbAthogDwHwSz-ehBh3zZ9zLqGJBVJy8aOONqFm_60maecg9Z8zbpJKqsqnKpLdKfPsT2h2qQbKknhO-i6oTZqZS-p2VNvTZHfrvt
240% life, 9.5% regen, bunch of jewel slots for dps and more life
102 points, so you have 19 points for damage or more life.

Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 8, 2015, 6:37:00 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
Now, having to take so much life nods i also have only 4k armor as a result for 8k life and 900 life regen. Still in level 78 maps i get one shot by rares since life regen don t really help with sudden big hit.

What rare in this game does >8k oneshots?
And even if such a monster exists (I don't believe you), why do you tank it?

Those kind of dildo new monster that pop red circle on floor when you are around them. Rare take me 7-8k life when playing 78 maps. Since i have only 5k armor i take full on the damage of those things.

"
Peterlerock wrote:

No, not possible.
How could you have DpS, when all you do is taking life nodes?

well ok then is it possible to have more than 1k life regen, 8k life and high armor without leg kaom even if the dps is 0? Never seen such a build either. I would be curious to see those 10k armor high life builds.

*edit* looking at your tree, will see if this is working but there is less life nods regen than i have.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 8, 2015, 6:41:55 AM
"
lolozori wrote:

well ok then is it possible to have more than 2k life regen without leg kaom even if the dps is 0?

I'm too lazy to calculate, but here:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxFg9_FhjxthfP_ZIjM_vDhQg5FFQRykufLgaPlcN8aytjdlhggfyQdIhdqzPfhiRvJ86Ug48FHHZfBRN_EsFLXrvQKBeE-9OYVKGYHTtU6Ucpwxfxq7Yvf4Ktz6DzDwtg1-mVzrh8kVN4_6PNZJoZfObkc6WbBLhktBGt9NvaPKvbAthogDwHwSz-ehBh3zZ9zLqGJBVJy8aOONqFm_60maecg9Z8zbpJKqsqnKpLdKfPsT2h2qQbKknhO-i6oTZqZS-p2VNvTZHfrvtW6CnVXwOQ8iUoNpiaHQJ9tR8Bg4n7WZUlG8=

245% life
+28% in 4 sockets
12.9% regen
+1.4% regen for 7 EC
+Kaoms and tier 1 life+str on every gear piece
+Vitality

Quite sure that's >2000 hp/second.

Oh, and it also has +192% armor.
So you'll get a crazy amount with high tier gear and determination.

Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 8, 2015, 6:41:56 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

well ok then is it possible to have more than 2k life regen without leg kaom even if the dps is 0?

I'm too lazy to calculate, but here:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxFg9_FhjxthfP_ZIjM_vDhQg5FFQRykufLgaPlcN8aytjdlhggfyQdIhdqzPfhiRvJ86Ug48FHHZfBRN_EsFLXrvQKBeE-9OYVKGYHTtU6Ucpwxfxq7Yvf4Ktz6DzDwtg1-mVzrh8kVN4_6PNZJoZfObkc6WbBLhktBGt9NvaPKvbAthogDwHwSz-ehBh3zZ9zLqGJBVJy8aOONqFm_60maecg9Z8zbpJKqsqnKpLdKfPsT2h2qQbKknhO-i6oTZqZS-p2VNvTZHfrvtW6CnVXwOQ8iUoNpiaHQJ9tR8Bg4n7WZUlG8=

245% life
+28% in 4 sockets
12.9% regen
+1.4% regen for 7 EC
+Kaoms and tier 1 life+str on every gear piece
+Vitality

Quite sure that's >2000 hp/second.

Oh, and it also has +192% armor.
So you'll get a crazy amount with high tier gear and determination.

interesting tree, thks for that will look into it.

Still ES is a little bit overpowered in term of regen possibility in my opinion. It s even more in pvp where those es builds pretty much can t be killed unless you can do 1 millions dps degen.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 8, 2015, 6:44:41 AM
"
lolozori wrote:

interesting tree, thks for that will look into it.

Interesting?
Not the first word I'd use to describe it... ;)
"
lolozori wrote:
I for exemple have a level 98 marauder. In order to have 8k life i had to use normal kaom and take only life nods and few resist nods.

I could not take dps nods (I opted for a 2h) and i use the strongest available unique non mirror axe (disfavour).

My dps is far from being at the top with 10k dps cyclone.

I for exemple have a level 97 marauder with 8657 life without kaom, 7 endur charges, 660 regen with charges, 7600 armour, 19.5k phys dps cyclone with 2.8% LL + 73% LL rate + Lgoh, 41k cyclone total dps (67k then I changed inc AOE for conc effect for bosses) in h/o without frenzy charges.
20k ES ofc more tanky then me, but I can kill that 81 Piety 5-6 times faster :)
IGN: Rolx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info