Do you use Vorici for 6-linking

"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I saved up 4,500 fusing in first few weeks of torment and did 3 items on the bench

Man honestly, tell me your secret.

Cant sustain fusing enough to even dream about 6Linking at the bench.

I need your secret :(

I self found about 1800 fuses in Forsaken Masters expansion and 6Led my Shavs on bench.

But it needs some dose of patience. Even if for me it's natural way of playing aRPGs, I know, that it's not popular stance ;)

I also 6Led 3 or 4 items since then "manually", just throwing fuses when I found one or get from Vorici vendor.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I saved up 4,500 fusing in first few weeks of torment and did 3 items on the bench

no secret really, just playing and having a shop. Ill give you details but theres no special sauce involved Im afraid.

Play 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks.

Mf archer wearing mostly self found gear, total gear investment in terms of buying stuff = about 10 chaos. 5 link tornado shot or split with 5th gem being rarity, 4 link puncture with rarity, glass cannon crit evasion acro build.

Roughly 150 iir 0 iiq.

Set up a shop right away, know items, know what you can sell for 10 fusing, what you can sell for a few exalts, what you can only sell for 1 or 2 fusing. Undercut by a little to shift in volume on cheap to mid tier items, hold out for almost full whack prices on expensive items. Everyones scrambling for chaos and exalts so by targeting fusing you are an attractive shop, an attractive currency for currency trade when shifting chaos/exalts into fusing etc because everyones going the other way, everyones trying to find the guy that will take 2 fuse instead of a chaos.

map map map map map map map map map map... blue maps, virtually no currency investment, trans then aug, only alt if you REALLY have to because it rolled blood magic or whatever. If you die you die, fuck it, youre making a shit character who has deeps and clears fast.

be online all the time, have ur poe.xyz control panel or use acquisition to make sure you are always showing online.

Do your daily master buys, the alt stack, the jeweler stack and the fuse stack every day. check vendors for 6 sockets every level.

thats it, that is literally all there is to it. No item flipping, no currency flipping. Dont use currency, just dont spend orbs, dont chance shit etc, buy scours with chances and regrets with scours maybe, sell everything thats not alts/jewelers/fusing for exalts, then sell the exalts for fusing. List everything you know is sellable, you just list so much stuff that something has to sell, I end my stint in leagues like that with 7 tabs full of shit that didnt sell. You need a real work ethic grind, map, done, vendor, map, done, vendor, over and over and over and over till youre bloody dizzy from it and your mind is chaos from the constant whispers every 3 minutes youre getting a whisper for a trade jumping out jumping in grind grind whisper jump out jump in grind grind grind till you feel youre going mad.

Torment got to the 3 week point and I just couldnt take it any more, Id started getting whispers for 1 or 2 fuse items and I wasnt responding to them even though I was there, I was just drained to the core of my soul lol, beginning to just get mental blocks from mental exhaustion, just couldnt deal with any more trades and its silly cause the guys right there whispering you and you just cant message back, cant bring yourself to bump your shop and hit that online xyz button, thats when you know youre done. I hit 4,500 fusing and was like ok, we made the goal, finished, took down my shop, i dont want to ever trade a single item again... and of course you will but ur burnt to a crisp and need to get away from it till the next league. Just got to take it fuse by fuse, just thinking about completing that next row, when the row is full u throw it into the stock room at the back of the stash and start the next row. No dilly dallying, no standing around pondering in the hideout, this isnt fun this is work, the sooner its done the sooner you can go home. Every minute wasted is a minute longer this suffering will last. Youre not getting paid by the hour to make it to the end of the shift, this is contract work, fixed pay for a finished job, get it done no messing.

Lol, oh man thanks for answering. You are doing what I do (mostly),but in a "close to die in front of my comp" way.

Guess it's how POE have to be played, sadly.

@snorkle: Your last paragraph sounds sad - did you actually enjoy any of your time in Torment? Thanks for sharing though!

@zbouby: It doesn't have to be played like that at all - as long as you manage to not care about others doing better than you. Even high-level maps or Atziri can be done with 5-links and gear for 8-10 Exalted if you have a good build, which is doable in a reasonable amount of time even for casuals like me. Just don't pay heed to the fact that someone else is doing it in a third of the time because it doesn't really matter unless you want to place in the ladder.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
If you don't want to do that grind, just do what I do with a twist (tho it will still be slower): play a char you like with all 4links (3links if you're not using a 2h weapon) which are cheap to do and colour perfectly.

Get to maps as quick as possible and run them with alteration or alchemy or even chance, whichever suits you best, prioritizing any +quality maps and using the 3 to 1 recipe on all the surplus; if I get blue or yellow map drops I like to just run them unid for that +30 quality but here is the twist:
Don't try to play a tank, especially not at first, but do a ranged glass cannon of any sort for that fast clear and as soon as you have at least 20 chaos (as of this writing) head on to poe.trade and grab yourself a Tabula Rasa (the corrupted no-effect ones should be the cheapest), unless you find one, and you can put your GG clearing combo in it.
Note that you may occasionally find cheaper pieces or other currency buyouts (such as fusings, hehehe) and their price may drop as all the rich and OCD guys undercut each other getting rid of excess tabulas. Of course, you skip this if you already have one; I found my first a few days ago in the first zone of A4 merciless.

I have no experience on a glass cannon but I think the two extra sockets and complete flexibility are more important than the chest stats, unless you can steal find buy acquire a 4L+2 or 5L with good stats at least.
Running item quality/quantity(better, but legacy only and expensive in its own right) and culling strike is your choice, personally after trying it I'm against on your main damage skill especially, but it might work better when you have lots of damage from tree and extra sockets to work with.
If you upgrade from tabula to something with less/improperly coloured sockets, they should be the first supports to cut IMO, except you might want to try keeping a culling strike in your inventory to switch in for bosses for that extra timesave.
Finally, if you can afford a Tabula Rasa corrupted with +1 level to gems, you're REALLY in business.

If you still like playing this character into its "old age" (L75+ for me) and it's going strong, the next step is to buy or craft your 6L weapon or, if you're not using one, the endgame chest of your choice, when you set aside the 1500 fusings (either as such or stored in high-end currency such as exalts which you can then exchange away right before crafting so as not to clutter your stash), and keep chugging along from there.

Otherwise, if you find a cool new idea or guide you want to try, start over from L1 with a tabula rasa already available. 6L damage skill > anything on normal and cruel, generally :)
Last edited by rottenvenetic on Sep 8, 2015, 12:41:27 PM
If I really want to 6-link an item, and think it's important for my build, then I'll use Vorici. In this case I'd rather be sure to reach my goal, instead of running the risk of being without a 6l for much longer than expected due to bad luck while fusing.

Playing solo/self-found and starting from scratch in a new league, it took me about a month to get the 1500 fusings. It would definitely be quicker now, considering how frequently I find 6-socket items. I traded all my alteration and jeweller's orbs upwards to get the fusings, and used Elreon's and Vorici's discounts.

Now that I have a 6l chestpiece, I've switched to random crafting. There is some gear that I would like to try out, and which may turn out to be better than my current gear, but I regard it as experimental rather than essential. If the random fusing turns it into a 5l, it's still good enough to run an extended test and decide whether it's worth to 6l it. If it turns into a 6l right away, all the better. If it doesn't turn into anything good for a long time, no problem, I already have a well-working build.

Come to think of it, my criterion for using Vorici or not, is probably: "Would I consider a 5l a failure?". If yes, I use Vorici. If not, I use random fusing.
Psyringe brings up a good point as well. Often for the sake of utility it might be better to have a 5L + 1 where you can chuck a utility skill that doesn't really require any support gems such as Enduring Cry or Tempest Shield (when used only for the block). 5L + 0 is acceptable as well.
"
scrooge999 wrote:
@snorkle: Your last paragraph sounds sad - did you actually enjoy any of your time in Torment? Thanks for sharing though!

no lol.

well, maybe the first week was fun, the second week was getting a little tired and the third week was torture. torment was a shit league anyway, the ghost spawns were just non existent and they didnt really fix it till the 1 month torment bloodlines that came after.

Means to an end though, Ive enjoyed many many months of fun in standard with my 6 link items and continue to enjoy them there.

You have to understand my life though, Im a graphic designer, the closest I come to hard work in my every day life is photoshopping the spots off someones face while I have poe open on my second monitor for trades, which are less fun than my actual job. If I actually had to get out of bed at 7am, do a hard days work, get home at 7pm Im not sure Id play poe at all. Theres only so much room in life for hard work, its a means to an end, the enjoyment of it is the satisfaction when youre done, thats what makes it worth it. A lot of things in life are not fun but are rewarding, I think you need that in your life, everyone needs to eat their greens now and then right? Its not all salted caramel brownies and fresh cream.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Its not all salted caramel brownies and fresh cream.

Uhh, know anybody actually picking that over a hearty helping of haggis?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
@snorkle I'm a shot supervisor at an animation studio and I look forward to playing poe at the end of my work day.

Back on topic, I have one 6 link in more than 1 year of playing. Got it when I was trying to 5 link my chest. Accidentally 6 linked it in 9 fusings.

I'll probably use Vorici for the next one. I don't think I have any RnG left after that.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

no secret really, just playing and having a shop. Ill give you details but theres no special sauce involved Im afraid.

Play 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks.

Mf archer wearing mostly self found gear, total gear investment in terms of buying stuff = about 10 chaos. 5 link tornado shot or split with 5th gem being rarity, 4 link puncture with rarity, glass cannon crit evasion acro build.

Roughly 150 iir 0 iiq.

Set up a shop right away, know items, know what you can sell for 10 fusing, what you can sell for a few exalts, what you can only sell for 1 or 2 fusing. Undercut by a little to shift in volume on cheap to mid tier items, hold out for almost full whack prices on expensive items. Everyones scrambling for chaos and exalts so by targeting fusing you are an attractive shop, an attractive currency for currency trade when shifting chaos/exalts into fusing etc because everyones going the other way, everyones trying to find the guy that will take 2 fuse instead of a chaos.

map map map map map map map map map map... blue maps, virtually no currency investment, trans then aug, only alt if you REALLY have to because it rolled blood magic or whatever. If you die you die, fuck it, youre making a shit character who has deeps and clears fast.

be online all the time, have ur poe.xyz control panel or use acquisition to make sure you are always showing online.

Do your daily master buys, the alt stack, the jeweler stack and the fuse stack every day. check vendors for 6 sockets every level.

thats it, that is literally all there is to it. No item flipping, no currency flipping. Dont use currency, just dont spend orbs, dont chance shit etc, buy scours with chances and regrets with scours maybe, sell everything thats not alts/jewelers/fusing for exalts, then sell the exalts for fusing. List everything you know is sellable, you just list so much stuff that something has to sell, I end my stint in leagues like that with 7 tabs full of shit that didnt sell. You need a real work ethic grind, map, done, vendor, map, done, vendor, over and over and over and over till youre bloody dizzy from it and your mind is chaos from the constant whispers every 3 minutes youre getting a whisper for a trade jumping out jumping in grind grind whisper jump out jump in grind grind grind till you feel youre going mad.

Torment got to the 3 week point and I just couldnt take it any more, Id started getting whispers for 1 or 2 fuse items and I wasnt responding to them even though I was there, I was just drained to the core of my soul lol, beginning to just get mental blocks from mental exhaustion, just couldnt deal with any more trades and its silly cause the guys right there whispering you and you just cant message back, cant bring yourself to bump your shop and hit that online xyz button, thats when you know youre done. I hit 4,500 fusing and was like ok, we made the goal, finished, took down my shop, i dont want to ever trade a single item again... and of course you will but ur burnt to a crisp and need to get away from it till the next league. Just got to take it fuse by fuse, just thinking about completing that next row, when the row is full u throw it into the stock room at the back of the stash and start the next row. No dilly dallying, no standing around pondering in the hideout, this isnt fun this is work, the sooner its done the sooner you can go home. Every minute wasted is a minute longer this suffering will last. Youre not getting paid by the hour to make it to the end of the shift, this is contract work, fixed pay for a finished job, get it done no messing.

Oh boy what a story.
If the Dev's could read this i'm sure it would result in a (slightly?) positive impact on the (general alspects?) of the game.
I'm super cereal.
Balance is an illusion, exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info