Do you use Vorici for 6-linking

Just interesting how many players used Vorici to 6-link their gear?

Recently got nice chest and planning to 6-link it. At the moment have ~640 fuses, but afraid to start gamble. How do you think, is it worth to go master craft way or try gamble?
1500 fuses is really huge amount
I don't care what odds are (1/600?) I wanna play it safe with this (200 to go btw)
Burn all the orbs!
hard to say really. Ive vorici 6 linked three times and didnt feel bad about it at all. I got a new bow a little while back and thought f it, gonna go manual on this see what happens....

so after killing all my fusing, and all my jewellers, and then 2 rows of alts, then a spare 2 rows of alts, then dipping into my "dont touch these alts" alts in my deep storage tabs and completely obliterating every one of them we eventually hit it on the night in a little under 900 fusing all together with a cool 45 fusing left over before we went broke on fusing/jewelers/alts all together.

No one can tell you if its worth it, sometimes u hit it in 50, sometimes people go 5000 and then quit the game because they never hit it. Some guy who got lucky a few times and hasnt been burnt might say yeah go by hand I always get it in under 500 its np and then some guy who has just been burnt to fuck is going to tell you to save for vorici. Basically it comes down to who you are, can u take the emotional damage if you gamble and lose? If no go vorici, if yes then in theory you are likely to use less fusing by hand so just cross your fingers and spam the shit out of it.

I saved up 4,500 fusing in first few weeks of torment and did 3 items on the bench, one in torment and 2 back home in standard after the merge because I just couldnt handle the horror of what I went through to make enough trades to get that amount of currency going up in smoke without having 3x 6 links to show for it. Saving up all those fusing was an ordeal, I felt like a boxer who just went through one of those 12 round wars that they never really recover from fully.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 8, 2015, 3:59:24 AM
I used vorici once for 6 link.
That was on a legacy shavs where I wanted 100% certain 6 link.

For al the rest, I do it always manual and settle with 5 link.

5 linked ... dunno maybe 40 items... over the years and "accidently" hit 5 or so 6 links.

In the long term you WILL profit alot doing it manual this way.

If you really want ur chest 6 linked, consider buying a similar first. Often cheapest way.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Vorici
Pro :

- Garanted 6L
- Instant, no waste of time
- Can use on the current equiped chest

Cons :

- Need to stash a lot of wealth
- More expensive than the average cost

Gambling
Pro :

- Don't need to stash a lot of currencies, you can throw a couple of stacks of fusings when you can afford it. Eventually you'll get your 6L.
- Cheaper on average than Vorici

Cons :

- Will take time
- Can cost a lot more than Vorici if you don't plan to 6L a lot of items (small sample = greater margin of error)
- Need an other chest in the mean time

So you can deduce that :

- If you plan to 6L a lot of items, don't use Vorici.
- If you have the wealth to do use Vorici and need your item now & can't afford to wait if you fail (because by exemple you need to use this chest), use Vorici.
- If you are not un a rush, don't need the 6L, can use an other chest while you try to 6L your gg chest, don't use Vorici.

In my opinion, the cheapest way to do it is to stop at 5L, sell and buy again a similar chest. But to do this you need a lot of wealth and you need to be patient. This way you get some return from your failed 6L investment, it lowers the average cost of your fusings. But you also have to consider what chest you are trying to 6L, some are so expensive that if you can afford it, you can then also afford the 6L. This mean that you will have a hard time selling it for 5L, people seeing no value in the 5L.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Sep 8, 2015, 4:22:35 AM
I think I will not handle to lose more than 1500 fuse and not get 6-link. This would be to much for me :)
Also, I use this chest atm and dont have any replacement. Good guy sell it to me for 5ex (after that exalted lighting resistance and put fire). Now I try to find something similar in poe.trade and cheapest 6-linked cost 80Ex (standard).
So maybe after all its worth to go expensive master craft way
Generally the best way to use Vorici is:

- If you don't have a bunch of currency and really don't want to spend 1,000 fuses and end up with a useless chest/weapon, save up for Vorici. It's more expensive, but the possibility of getting blown out and breaking your five-link make it more than worth it.

- If you have so much wealth that you don't mind losing tens of exalts in bad luck, it's generally better to link it yourself. This is what a lot of flippers do; buy unlinked chests/weapons, link them themselves, then resell them for profit. They deal in so much volume that the occasional bad luck streak generally won't bankrupt them.

- If you have a little more than enough for the Vorici link but still want a chance to get lucky, set aside 1500 fuses and try fusing it yourself until you get to your last 1500. That way you're still guaranteed to avoid getting blown out, but if you're lucky you could save yourself ~10 exalts.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Always wonder how do you guys get so many fusing? Master? Trading? Farming a certain zone?
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I saved up 4,500 fusing in first few weeks of torment and did 3 items on the bench

Man honestly, tell me your secret.

Cant sustain fusing enough to even dream about 6Linking at the bench.

I need your secret :(
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I saved up 4,500 fusing in first few weeks of torment and did 3 items on the bench

Man honestly, tell me your secret.

Cant sustain fusing enough to even dream about 6Linking at the bench.

I need your secret :(

no secret really, just playing and having a shop. Ill give you details but theres no special sauce involved Im afraid.

Play 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks.

Mf archer wearing mostly self found gear, total gear investment in terms of buying stuff = about 10 chaos. 5 link tornado shot or split with 5th gem being rarity, 4 link puncture with rarity, glass cannon crit evasion acro build.

Roughly 150 iir 0 iiq.

Set up a shop right away, know items, know what you can sell for 10 fusing, what you can sell for a few exalts, what you can only sell for 1 or 2 fusing. Undercut by a little to shift in volume on cheap to mid tier items, hold out for almost full whack prices on expensive items. Everyones scrambling for chaos and exalts so by targeting fusing you are an attractive shop, an attractive currency for currency trade when shifting chaos/exalts into fusing etc because everyones going the other way, everyones trying to find the guy that will take 2 fuse instead of a chaos.

map map map map map map map map map map... blue maps, virtually no currency investment, trans then aug, only alt if you REALLY have to because it rolled blood magic or whatever. If you die you die, fuck it, youre making a shit character who has deeps and clears fast.

be online all the time, have ur poe.xyz control panel or use acquisition to make sure you are always showing online.

Do your daily master buys, the alt stack, the jeweler stack and the fuse stack every day. check vendors for 6 sockets every level.

thats it, that is literally all there is to it. No item flipping, no currency flipping. Dont use currency, just dont spend orbs, dont chance shit etc, buy scours with chances and regrets with scours maybe, sell everything thats not alts/jewelers/fusing for exalts, then sell the exalts for fusing. List everything you know is sellable, you just list so much stuff that something has to sell, I end my stint in leagues like that with 7 tabs full of shit that didnt sell. You need a real work ethic grind, map, done, vendor, map, done, vendor, over and over and over and over till youre bloody dizzy from it and your mind is chaos from the constant whispers every 3 minutes youre getting a whisper for a trade jumping out jumping in grind grind whisper jump out jump in grind grind grind till you feel youre going mad.

Torment got to the 3 week point and I just couldnt take it any more, Id started getting whispers for 1 or 2 fuse items and I wasnt responding to them even though I was there, I was just drained to the core of my soul lol, beginning to just get mental blocks from mental exhaustion, just couldnt deal with any more trades and its silly cause the guys right there whispering you and you just cant message back, cant bring yourself to bump your shop and hit that online xyz button, thats when you know youre done. I hit 4,500 fusing and was like ok, we made the goal, finished, took down my shop, i dont want to ever trade a single item again... and of course you will but ur burnt to a crisp and need to get away from it till the next league. Just got to take it fuse by fuse, just thinking about completing that next row, when the row is full u throw it into the stock room at the back of the stash and start the next row. No dilly dallying, no standing around pondering in the hideout, this isnt fun this is work, the sooner its done the sooner you can go home. Every minute wasted is a minute longer this suffering will last. Youre not getting paid by the hour to make it to the end of the shift, this is contract work, fixed pay for a finished job, get it done no messing.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 8, 2015, 6:14:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info