Sometimes NZ makes me proud...

... at other times, I fear we may be losing it a little bit:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/71805158/reports-of-pushing-swearing-and-stealing-as-adults-go-dotty-over-countdown-dominos

For reference - Countdown is a supermarket running a promotion using these little plastic dominos with cartoon characters printed on them. Obviously it is a way to entice the young ones to pester mum and dad to go to them instead of a different supermarket. I'm relatively confident they aren't trying to spread a popular form of gambling.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Our Woolworth's went belly up in the 90's, hope yours fares better
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
On no, not swearing! Collapse of Western Civilization imminent!

It was more the shoving and swearing at kids by adults over a childs toy that was getting my goat :)

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
ever wonder why the Countdown logo looks a bit like a W?
Off topic, but I actually quite like that logo, I think it's a nice bit of design. It looks a bit like a W for Woolworths, as well as a bit like the C & D for Countdown, while still primarily looking like a pumpkin or similar vegetable. I suspect that sort of three-in-one interpretation is a bit harder to pull off than it seems, at least without it looking silly.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 9, 2015, 1:30:09 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ever wonder why the Countdown logo looks a bit like a W?
Off topic, but I actually quite like that logo, I think it's a nice bit of design. It looks a bit like a W for Woolworths, as well as a bit like the C & D for Countdown, while still primarily looking like a pumpkin or similar vegetable. I suspect that sort of three-in-one interpretation is a bit harder to pull off than it seems, at least without it looking silly.

Speaking of design with a vague NZ link - what are your thoughts on the random Triangle flag doing the rounds at the moment?

I hate to say this, but I actually quite like it.

It's the lesser of 5 evils, anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info