What does it take to finish Kaom / Daresso / Malachai in merciless

I'm really wondering how strong the new Act 4 bosses are in merciless difficulty. As you can almost not escape their boss fight rooms safely in case you realize that they are too hard, you have go get in and either win or dye trying.

As a casual gamer I usually don't have the time to reach 80+ with more then one character per league. I just want to make sure I will survive the encounter (playing Hardcore / Tempest only).

In addition to being a casual gamer I'm experiencing clumsy fingers syndrome making sure I don't jump away when the big hit starts and I'm definitely going to miss the right time to sap a flask.

Therefore my characters are designed to "stand their ground", e.g. taking the hits and hitting back. For most bosses I can estimate the risk and know at which values for armor and life I feel safe enough to engage them and being sure not to dye in a single blow or due to a series of critical hits.

But for the new bosses I have absolutely no experience in merciless difficulty. So I don't know if its worth to even try. Can someone who has already defeated them (or maybe gathered experience in standard leagues) indicate which numbers are necessary to safely survive e.g. the rage attack from Daresso (when he gets "red") or the Teleport-Super-Slam from Malachai?

I'm looking forward to your responses.

I think there is to much stuff to consider, specially for Malachai. But if you want to "stand your ground" the easy way you should aim for a max block build with good armour/evasion, but even with this you need to play smart against some attacks (the ones that usually are easy to see coming).

Make some experience with the cruel versions of the bosses and you should learn what and how you need to avoid the nasty stuff the throw at you.

Anyway I suggest to aim at least to mid 70s because they are pretty hard and on par with lv 72-74 maps bosses.
Kaom is okay but the arena size is a disaster

Daresso can hit real hard but at least you get some running space.

Malachai ... well the fight itself is okay but... phase 3, with the burning circle, is just a disaster. 70% is evading his spawngasm of junk and other crap with no where to go.

Im trying to understand the mechanics and Im getting better at him.
4k life and 2k es, no armor at all and no leech. Only flasks, and bad ones even...
He kills me 2 a 3 times, last fight I almost made it out alive.

I think a massive regen/leech build, block and decent dps can handle it but hes way above lvl 70 boss imo.

Ive killed shit on maps alot higher than him with ease.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Thanks for your replies.

My build focuses on armor and medium block with trigger gems linked with life gain on hit for life recovery.What I was looking for was especially a hint on which numbers to acquire for armor, life, block before engaging.

Hard hitting guys like Brutus / Kole don't really hurt me too much. But I fear that both Malachai, Kaom and Daresso are much more dangerous (at least they seemed to be in cruel).

So maybe I'll just level to the 80s before trying.
"
tim2s wrote:
Thanks for your replies.

My build focuses on armor and medium block with trigger gems linked with life gain on hit for life recovery.What I was looking for was especially a hint on which numbers to acquire for armor, life, block before engaging.

Hard hitting guys like Brutus / Kole don't really hurt me too much. But I fear that both Malachai, Kaom and Daresso are much more dangerous (at least they seemed to be in cruel).

So maybe I'll just level to the 80s before trying.

Reaching 80 is quite easy and not too slow even if run only lv 72 or lower maps (if you want always play it safe and "casual").

Life gain on hit with trigger I think that isn't the best way to recover life, a good regen and some leech probably would be better.
Keep note that all of those bosses have part of their damage as elemental (can't say if with every attack or only on some of them), and even res capped at 75% may not be enough if you get hit too often; Malachai has also some degen attack in phase 3 which can drain your hp in the middle of all the shit it already throws at you; Daresso's has those "sword cloud" that I don't know if are considered physical or cold damage, nor if they are "hits" or "degen".

Kaom is the easiest for sure, you can see coming all of his attacks and they aren't that hard hitting with some decent defence (and are quite easy to avoid anyawy).

Talking about numbers probably you want to have about 50% phys reduction (and add fortify on top of that) and 50% or more block (getting to the cap may be hard but there are a lot of way to get extra block chance and reach 60%, like Tempest Shield, Jewels and some corrupted mods here and there).
honestly kaom is pretty easy. daresso isnt bad either. my melee just face tanks them to death no prob.

malachi tho... with 4.7k hp, lvl 19 arctic armor, 5 endurance charges, fortify, 40k armor i still get one shot by his slam. all doable on hc but that slam.

on hc i wouldnt even do merc malachi.
Kaom is the easiest of the 3 by a long, long shot.
Ive managed to kill him at about level 70 suing leveling gear.

A character with good single target and mobility could probably kill him even earlier.
The zones before Kaom are much more dangerous than Kaom himself.
I always die to Kaom raging spirits. Anyway suggestions?
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
"
Vinwolfy wrote:
I always die to Kaom raging spirits. Anyway suggestions?

Kill them with aoe. Melee splash or something.
Reconfigured my minions to pure dps mode.
They died alot but I did kill malachai without dying this time.

Had to tp out of there several times to respawn the revenant spectres.

Phase 3 with the degen circle following you is just too much of shit imo. It just running around like crazy, popping flasks.

Of all his shit, I hate the eyeball popping floor pools the most.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info