Most tanky idea! reave.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
^^ thats pretty sick mate, ci aegis crit reave, has to be done really. Considering thats a temp league character thats like a month old thats a pretty serious setup already.

I have a ci aegis reaver, this character is as old as the aegis unique shield itself though so were talking 2 years of collecting and upgrading gear etc in a perm league, obviously a completely different kettle of fish but same basic concept, although done in a somewhat different fashion. Kind of funny how the same basic principal can exist in completely the opposite halves of the tree.

Crit Reave Aegis Ci Witch // lvl94

I do have a life reaver, Ill have to log in to put its gear together and link it tho, will do that later today, I have a cat nap to attend shortly, been up all night.

ye, very nice build! spellblock is a bit low. but well, your es is much higher than mine. same concept, still different, hehe.
i think i will continue playing this ci reaver with my standart gear, leg aegis, leg rainbows, leg rumis, mirrored dagger etc :-)

i wish we could run RRRRGG Shavs, i would go Lowlife for Auras.

btw this is my forth char in temp league, along a coc toon, CI flicker (even sicker than this CI tank), and a rev summoner.
Last edited by NomadFX on Sep 9, 2015, 4:00:49 AM
yeah this sort of thing uses so many uniques that have gone legacy, and damage based off a physical crit attack/spell hybrid weapon base that is insanely hard to craft and virtually impossible to match old eternal crafts now... the potential for this kind of thing in standard is pretty ridiculous compared to something like a spell caster thats obviously gonna benefit from standard level gear but you can pretty much get 95% of the way there in a league environment.

Id have to use the spell block amulet if I wanted significantly more spell block, and theoretically I could but I feel more attached to my life leech amulet than ever given the recent changes. This builds been on the go for 2 years and Ive specced a lot more block in the past (per rumis days), used laz, chayula, vaal pact, conduit, dream frags, its been through a lot of changes over time.

GDSlick from the forums has a similar thing going to what were doing, ci aegis attacker, but with static strike doryanis, hes got a really cool setup. Closer to yours in some ways, less es but more block, more mitigation, obviously making use of the aegis better than I am.

"
mllody313 wrote:
With one is better life or es in your opinion?

Waiting for second build ;)

apples and oranges basically, both have their ups and downs. My life reaver doesnt use an aegis, if you want that op aegis thing going on then probably go ci but ud be better off looing at heros build than mine as the use of iron reflexes etc makes it a lot less reliant on broken perm league expensive gear and hes getting a lot more block which makes sense with an aegis shield.

ci handles ele damage better due to bigger hp pool and max res from aegis, es return on spell block etc, life deals with phys better if you can use a coil and taste of hate while having a large evasion rating. I dont really have a preference personally they both work.

This is how i spec my life based reave thing if its still of interest

Crit Reave Evasion Ranger // lvl94

Killing mods in afk mode is just fun :-) 75/74 block with rumis something like 67or68/53 without.

i plan do use grace as soon as my enlighten is level 4(5 hopefully, i will try)
it will boost my armour up to 16+ i think. combined with my leg agis it should be realy a boost defensive-wise.

but im burned out again allready. need a few weeks/months until i can continue in this never-drop-something-game.

i will check the GDS build, thx for all the info :)
I better like life based builds.

This ranger is nice build on, will check it maybe.

But I have some other idea.. What u think about armor/life based Reave Marauder? Know u any build on it? I thinking about it, only rares with life/arm, sword + shield :)
"
mllody313 wrote:

But I have some other idea.. What u think about armor/life based Reave Marauder? Know u any build on it? I thinking about it, only rares with life/arm, sword + shield :)

Didn't you write that you don't want to swap classes? ;)

Block, Life and Damage is pretty viable, but you cannot go crazy on all three, usually you'll end up with <5000 life and not too crazy damage.

I played a couple of those marauders a while ago, I'd use a tree like this:
click me
...and use a rare shield, but swap to aegis aurora, rainbowstrides and lazwhar lategame.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 9, 2015, 6:45:59 AM
Heh but no one help me a lot what I can change on my character to be more tanky ;/ just said my build is fail ehh..

So I thinking about make any other character, but still want to play with reave ;)

So tell me what I can change in my char (items, gems and tree is here) or what build u prefer on reave ;) I want be best! xd
But they did! You need that 70+ life on your rares.

I'm doing something similar with legacy Bringer of Rain and Perandus(uniques with life+block are 1mb4, i can well understand why they nerfed them) to save on block skill points and get 200%+ bonus max life, counting jools, along with semidecent damage. This still means 4 slots without +life (chest, amulet, weapon, boots) and I'm at 5248 (L82). I have 75/66 block with Tempest Shield up.

I've only had trouble facetanking two map bosses: the improved Dominus, and that siren's daughter with the continuous, fast-moving lightning beam(though in the interest of disclosure, the highest map I've run was level 76 - nothing higher found, yet).

Frankly, I'm aiming for 210+ life Bringer of Rain and 100+ life explicits on my rings, gloves and belt, and a +4 spellblock corrupted stone of Laz before I can say this build is fully kitted. I might break 7k if I can get there(especially if double corals).

This is my current L93 plan (11 to go)
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAHt9PVrM_vryKr5ARguR7w0rItfJuqjWS2L3-CqZXTeP-jzrh8kVyqS3Snz5Z86yqkFUaOCcvz352rOoY9zKtjZHO5FHvDlBHXz8UIBLhouqE72LsL8y2isGChNm-p2VNvTZHftrBBS107XrvQKDAv6yvDPeplUa302982Y-ZBIcyTvrSZp5yD-NqFm826SSqpDki4kfiKk0_J6lud-MB3HlowQTAGm87eA1VxjpYg9sEB0yz376FxUJLHRSPRpuh99esmGhlZlSUb3k57-vQH9lhfuIaPvjru-3z3YVSi0-baigql3k=

Jewel sockets should all have +1 spell block with shields/life jewels => 223+% max life and 75/73 block with 7 endu charges (Oak) and the proper amulet.

This is probably a better example of a block-tank build, though some will no doubt disagree and shout at me for my various noob mistakes. Note that it drops the crit altogether.

Edit: I just looked around poe.trade and the max life affix on rings there is 79... what's up with that??
Last edited by rottenvenetic on Sep 9, 2015, 12:34:58 PM
zeno did a reave marauder, Ive not tried the build myself but he had an awful lot of armour

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1379951

he had about 45k armour without a granite up, seemed like a fairly brutal character defense wise. Hardcore temp league though, hard to say what the character would have been capable of with stupid expensive perm softcore gears.

"
rottenvenetic wrote:

Edit: I just looked around poe.trade and the max life affix on rings there is 79... what's up with that??

thats max t1 life prefix on a ring, 70-79. Used to be on amulets too but they raised it to 80-89 in the awakening. Gloves and boots is 80-89, belt and hat is 90-99, shield is 100-109 (used to be 90-99 pre 2.0) and chest is 110-119 (up from 100-109 pre 2.0).

If you want 100 actual life on a ring you need t1 life on a coral ring. I think max possible is something like 136 by getting t1 life and t1 strength of a coral ring? Unsure of values exactly on new t1 str.

"
Heroofexile wrote:
Killing mods in afk mode is just fun :-) 75/74 block with rumis something like 67or68/53 without.

i plan do use grace as soon as my enlighten is level 4(5 hopefully, i will try)
it will boost my armour up to 16+ i think. combined with my leg agis it should be realy a boost defensive-wise.

but im burned out again allready. need a few weeks/months until i can continue in this never-drop-something-game.

i will check the GDS build, thx for all the info :)

ya for sure, I love my aegis witch. 16k armour would be sick with a ci aegis. I used to have max block back in the day but now I need a rumis up, but when its up its pretty insane for sure. I have zealots oath now with about 4.4% regen so that helps offset the fact ive lost so much block over the years but I do miss it for sure. Its the sort of build Id like to get to lvl100 tbh because theres just so many good things I could invest in, block, more es, more armour %, more life regen, flask effect nodes... the list is endless and I can reach a lot of it without even spending travel nodes at this point.

I hear you on the never drop burnout too lol, I do love this game but sometimes it feels like Im just grinding xp and the thought of anything else coming out of my time spent is so remote it wouldnt be worth playing for in itself. I guess thats why its just so devastating to get bad luck on maps because when that happens theres literally no reason to play this game, youre not rly finding any items, and youre not finding as much currency as your spending rolling maps, and you cant get any xp worth talking about... its like poe is just pushing you out the door at that point and telling you to stop playing.

4,4% regen sounds good, are you able to run blood rage with that? let me know :)

would love to play this blocktank to 100 but ...

"its like poe is just pushing you out the door at that point and telling you to stop playing. "

well said, just well said!
ya I can run bloodrage, I have positive regen through bloodrage even without endurance charges up. But obviously it nukes the vast majority of the regen and stops the natural es recharge from ever kicking in, so you are basically down to leech + aegis at that point and have to do a quick weapon swap back and forth to switch off bloodrage if you need to kill it and get your natural recharge back. 50% regen, vulnerability etc make it actually degen es, shocking ground even can be a bit of a pain. If you are just slaying huge amounts of mobs with ease you dont really notice the loss of regen or recharge because aegis itself does a fairly good job of keeping es full and the leech covers gaps but given the lack of block cap, esp on spells, the afk nature of the spec takes a somewhat significant hit from losing the 480 regen per second.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info