Why Leo is so awful

We all know that Leo is currently at in an awful state, with dailies that are annoying as hell, and ridiculously high amounts of reputation required to get to the almost impossible to attain level 8.

But the issue doesn't really lie with the dailies, or the amount of reputation that this master requires. It lies within Leo's rewards.
You see, Leo is a pvp-focused master, yet his rewards are useful to both pvp AND pve players. This is where its issue lies : pve-focused players are required to play pvp.

This problem can be solved easily : his crafts should only be able to affect pvp, and he shouldn't sell any item. This way, only pvp players have incentives to use him, and the others can just skip some content that isn't designed for them.
Examples of crafts that he could be giving :
20% additional movement speed while holding a flag.
Auras are 10% more efficient in 3vs3.
20% extra damage against players.

The point is that making players unnecessarily go towards content that is clearly not designed for them is a bad idea.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well, I suppose the whole reason for having Leo in the first place, was to entice PvE players to do PvP occasionally, by providing PvE rewards.

Granted, this doesn't seem to have worked out.

With patch 2.0.3, he now stopped giving 3v3 and CTF quests. That's probably because there's so little PvP going on that GGG thinks it's better to abandon 3v3 and CTF for the moment, and funnel the few PvE players that _are_ doing Leo quests toward the few PvP events that see at least some activity (1v1, Sarn).

I have no interest in PvP and just do his "survive 3 minutes in the Sarn Arena" quests. Every time he offers one, I enter the Sarn arena, position myself right next to an exit, and hopefully get out after three minutes without meeting anyone who think I'd actually want to fight him. I suppose at this speed I will get Leo to level 8 within a decade or so ... ;)
I'd love to get Leo to 3 just for the DoT mod, but it ain't gonna happen.

I tried the above strategy of being near an exit and just trying to ride out the 3 minutes, but there were a couple people there determined to not let that happen. Since quality PvP is an impossibility in this game, I have no interest in doing it. I'd hjold my nose and force myself to stomach the survive 3 minutes missions, but have had no luck thus far. That being the case, I'll just live without the lvl 3 Leo mod.
I personally like the mods Leo offers, maybe it will be nice for you guys now that they got rid of the 3v3 daily's? It should be a lot easier to level now.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
If you just ask "Leo daily?" in 1v1 people will usually trade wins with you.
I find the sarn arena fun since people will mess around in it, you can gang up on someone strong, etc. At least in temepest once someone gets their 180seconds they usually leave and don't stay around killing.

I think it would be nice if they added another 1v1 match type that was the dummy killing race like Vagan's daily. I think people would be more inclined to participate in that since it isn't a direct confrontation like 1v1 to the death.

People would also probably be happier if 1v1 wasn't a shared queue for all difficulties. It is lame for both parties when you get level 90+ serious pvpers matched up against someone from cruel.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
This thread kinda motivated me to go ahead and do a 1v1 after Leo gave me the respective daily.

Well ... here's the story. ;)

The fight began, and my 4 spectres all went poof. That's kinda bad when those spectres account for 80% of the damage you're dealing. My 9 zombies also vanished. That's kinda bad when those zombies are your main tanks and account for another 15% of your damage.

In theory I could have used Desecrate to create new zombies (and spectres, though probably not the ones I needed). But that's kinda useless information when you have your Desecrate gem in your stash because you usually need it only once after logging in.

This meant I had to conduct the fight with ... umm ...
- an attack that only has the purpose of spreading curses to aid my (now non-existing) minions,
- two curses (one reducing an enemy's resistance for a type of damage that I don't deal myself, and one that has this weird line "40% less effect on players" in its description),
- two Vaal skills that I had zero chance of charging,
- a spell totem that kept getting demolished as soon as I placed it, and
- some non-optimized raging spirits that seemed to have zero effect on my opponent.
I should perhaps also mention that I'm using CI without any form of leech, and rely heavily on my tanks to occupy opponents so that my energy shield can recharge.

My main strategy consisted of running away and hoping for a miracle, while Incinerate totems kept appearing all around. I managed a draw in the first round and then lost the next four.

I guess my build might be a tad too ... PvE-focused? ;)

Anyway. This must have been one of the most pathetic PvP performances ever, though strangely enough it was actually fun due to the absurdity of it all. I suppose I made sure that it can only get better from now on. ;)
Last edited by Psyringe on Sep 4, 2015, 9:24:03 PM
leo is just a poorly designed way of forcing players into pvp
Well this attempt is so excruciatingly bad that, with the 180 seconds survival mission, if there's a good pvp-er actively attempting to stop people from achieving the mission, you'll have an accumulation of players, running away from that guy, and not even attempting to strike back. It is THAT bad.
PS : And the best thing to do for that daily is to just walk away from your computer and do something else. -_-

For your information, my character is quite ridiculous too. I have no movement increase and no movement skill on my righteous fire character, so if the opponent isn't willing to die for me, all I can do is force a draw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info