4X Drop Rate X no maps = No Loot

I cannot express how much I agree with you.
4x drop rates means long term there will be 4x as many of them in the economy as currently, which is huge. I found a void battery once upon a time and was jumping circles all night long, after I heard what friends found just within few days, I feel terrible about my treasure, which i did not sell in time, because it was too nice to have it in my stash, even though my wealth would have more then doubled if I'd have sold it. With 4x more batterys around one will with given time be worth a fourth of its original 35ish ex, meaning my wealth (currency + battery value, where currency value equals roughly the battery value) dropped by an estimated 37,5%. Well.... not too bad actually, I don't need money anyways to have fun playing.

On the other side map drops, the pure content needed to play, are insanely rare atm. When I found my first (and only) lvl 80 map, I was jumping circles all night long. Maybe you got an idea what I'm pointing at right now. It does not feel good to be insanely happy about a "content drop", while on the other hand starting to treat mighty, build enabling items with a small grin on your face.
While I don't need Items/ Currency to enjoy playing I do need an appropriate content, in which I can die (SC player here) if I'm not careful enough.

I would love to have easier access to endgame content, I do not care that much about the T1 uniques and I definetly want to be more happy about a T1 drop then about a drop which will give me an one-time-only-access to an endgame area.
"
Oh I thought you meant items I apologize. As for the map part no matter how hard you give them feedback I honestly think they like the idea of maps being completely RNG rather then be gated by difficulty.

I think they want it to be a currency sink; only a currency sink for challenge really drains the fun out of playing.
"
I think they want it to be a currency sink; only a currency sink for challenge really drains the fun out of playing.

I think this is business motivation mostly.
Changing endgame difficulty / reward mean changing the game basicaly.

It may work or it can also totaly fail and since the actual system generate enough money they have no reasons to take the risk the demand isn't high enough most of players just prefer grind like bots instead of expecting something really hardcore.

It won't happen in PoE but might happen in incoming others ARPG who know :)
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 4, 2015, 8:43:44 AM
"
flipser wrote:
I would love to have easier access to endgame content, I do not care that much about the T1 uniques ...

Right.

Maps are the loot I need, because they are the base for the other things ... I can build a Char without a Shav or a Mjölner (I found & sold the Mjölner - the performance of the game is frequently to low for this Gavel with Discharge - freezeframe), but I can't enhance my Char without good maps.
Yo Way Yo - Home Va Ray - Yo Way Ra - Jerhume Brunnen G
Last edited by Cpt_H on Sep 4, 2015, 3:20:13 PM
The point im at is complete boredom overload. I almost have to force myself to play.

You can only play the same challenge less map so many times before you want to shoot yourself in the head.

So from what im hearing here is. Sell all my loot to buy maps to get more loot to sell for more maps? This for challenging content?

I don't expect them to change things though... so as usual I play a few months. Quit when bored. Come back in 4-6 months. Repeat.

And since the beginning my complaint remains the same... Where are the maps and content?

No biggie... There are always other games to play.

Nightstone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info