Drops are still bullshit.

So today i was keeping my eye on tempest watch list and at some point i saw that theres a shining tempest of turmoil on the dry woods map. I thought its a great opportunity to check how this new "ya all gonna be rich" patch is working. I alched myslef a Dry Woods, it had over 75 iiq and 30 rarity. I jumped into the portal and...

Behold!

This is the result!
Spoiler
+ about 2 chaos in currency after vendoring all the thrash rares

And lets not forget about the fkin, neverending rain of maps
Spoiler

It rly tempted me to name this thread "4x0=0". I didnt rly expected to get shavs tho. I just expected to get fkin SOMETHING. And after killing 20 rouge exiles with like 375iiq and 630 iir i got 1 fkin 71 map. Can a game get more unrewarding then that?
Anyway, goodnight to u all, im gonna go punch my head against the wall for a couple of hours.

On a positive side, i guess i will finnaly force myslef to study for the exams more.

Edit: sorry, this was supposed to be in general discussion. I must have messed up something.
Last edited by Zenhayaraxermaar on Sep 3, 2015, 7:36:20 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You expected to get something valuable on one map?
This thread deserves an award. 1 map statistics oh boy.
Going to do a map myself tonight, I'll probably leave it white and I swear of 5 Mjölnirs don't drop I swear i'll rage quit.
Uhm... so the only thing that was changed was the drop rates for a few low-level uniques and T1/T2 uniques. So unless you dropped one of those on average every 4 maps before, why would you expect anything from the map today?

Most people will barely feel the effects. The economy will adjust, though.

BTW, I did get a Hyaon's Fury, almost perfect roll, shortly after the patch. Not sure if it is one of those that got buffed, though (is there a list somewhere?).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
1 map? lulz? Try D3 is all I can say. Even if they made shavs drop 100,000% more POEs drops would still be way worse than D3.

And yes 4x0 = 0

but real math is prolly

1 x .0000004 now as opposed to 1 x .0000001 before xD

In other-words near zero chance still
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 4, 2015, 2:50:36 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
1 map? lulz? Try D3 is all I can say. Even if they made shavs drop 100,000% more POEs drops would still be way worse than D3.

And yes 4x0 = 0

but real math is prolly

1 x .0000004 now as opposed to 1 x .0000001 before xD

In other-words near zero chance still

Grass isn't always greener. D3 has opposite problem. Get geared in a week = what am I'm playing for again?
"
Bars wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Yo, drop rates just got an INSANE buff.
We're gonna be like:

"Shavs drop? Nice!"
"Shavs. Okay. Into the stash you go, in with the other 17."
"Shavs? Again? Jeez. They said 4x better drops, but feels like 400x".
"Another Shavs? Fuck."
"Shavs... again?! I wonder what it vendors for.."
"Shavs! Another 12 alc shards at the vendor! YES!"

Let's say the drop chance is one in a million. They buff it four times. Now your chance becomes one in 250,000.

I wouldn't call that "INSANE". The scenario you described is not going to happen.

I have a better guess at what's going to happen. The forum after one week:

"FU GGG WHERE'S MY SHAVS"

"I FARMED DOMINUS FOR 5 HOURS AND A HALF, GOT NOTHING, FU GGG I QUIT"

I called that, days ago!

nyah
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
So pre-patch you expect T1 unique every 4 maps?

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"

And after killing 20 rouge exiles with like 375iiq and 630 iir i got 1 fkin 71 map.

Rogue Exiles don't drop maps LOL. You been farming your heart out on mobs that can NEVER drop maps. GG.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info