Zealoth's OAth, Low-life, Wrath, REgen [ mechanics questions] help apperciated

Hey! I'm starting a low life crit wander build, but before starting i need some questions cleared up regarding some mechanics of the game i'm not sure about.

So Zealoth's Oath says: "life regen applies to ES instead of life"

My main issue here is that i wish to use blood rage without loosing ES/sec, so i figured i would get 2.2% regen from tree, ish 1.8-1.9% from vitality and go for Zealoth's oath and i'm good to go. However
I'm unsure how the blood rage degen and the life regen gets calculated, because it's not stated clearly.

if info is needed: based on my calculations my build will have like 1000-1200 life with like 95% reserved, and around 6.5-7K energy shield.

Anyone can explain if this would work ,or no and why if yes or why if no?

about wrath:

" deal x% more lightning damage with spells "
Am i correct with crown of eyes this will also apply to " attack skills" if they have partial lightning Flat dmg and increased modifiers? so mainly it gives 30% more lightning damage to Kinetic Blast or power siphon for example?

Last question about ES rrecharge:
If the blood rage- Zealoths oath thing works and let's say i have + 0.5% regen/sec, Will my energy shield start recharging, or not?

Ireally apperciate any help.
Last edited by tr1gg3r3d on Sep 3, 2015, 3:52:40 PM
Zealots oath will mean that % life regen that was based on your max health is now based on your max energy shield.

So 2% regen with 1000 energy shield means you get 20 energy shield per second back.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Nasreth wrote:
Zealots oath will mean that % life regen that was based on your max health is now based on your max energy shield.

So 2% regen with 1000 energy shield means you get 20 energy shield per second back.

Thanks , that was one part of the thing i was looking for i apperciate, tho it's still not 100% clear for me.

Blood rage says:
You lose 4% of your Maximum Life per second as Physical Damage
You lose 4% of your Maximum Energy Shield per second as Physical Damage

But Originally Physical damage does not bypass energy shield, right? So this means if you have Both ES and life, the 4% degen only applies to your energy shield? Not to both your life and eS right?
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

I'm unsure how the blood rage degen and the life regen gets calculated, because it's not stated clearly.

Blood rage: (Max life + max es)*4% takes as physical damage.
So you'll take about 8000*0.04 = 320 damage per second.

You need higher regen than 4% because ZO does not calculate based on (life+ES), only on ES.

"

" deal x% more lightning damage with spells "
Am i correct with crown of eyes this will also apply to " attack skills" if they have partial lightning Flat dmg and increased modifiers? so mainly it gives 30% more lightning damage to Kinetic Blast or power siphon for example?

CoE has been nerfed. It now only takes "increases", not "more multipliers" and other juicy stuff.

"

Last question about ES rrecharge:
If the blood rage- Zealoths oath thing works and let's say i have + 0.5% regen/sec, Will my energy shield start recharging, or not?

Not 100% sure, but someone will be able to tell you.

BM gem counts as taking damage and stops recharge.
Burning ground as well, even if you "outregen" it.

Blood Rage is a degen effect, those tend to behave a bit different in many ways.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 3, 2015, 4:12:54 PM
ohh , coe doesn't apply pain attunement to attacks anymore? :O so it's basically shit and pointless to use now... good to know ehh :D
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
ohh , coe doesn't apply pain attunement to attacks anymore? :O so it's basically shit and pointless to use now... good to know ehh :D

All this is beyond my wealth, so I'm walking on thin ice here, but if I recall correctly, crown of eyes is still BiS.

Hard to find useful shields and amulets with "% melee/physical/raw damage", but quite easy to get "% spell damage".
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

It went from a power item to a build enabler. Also became a lot cheaper in the process, it's in sub-ex range now, probably where build enablers belong. The item is not pointless in itself, the trouble is attack-spell hybrids are pretty pointless unless you CoMK, and that's far from popular. I personally like those, though, doesn't feel like cheating, the way CoC does.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Not 100% sure, but someone will be able to tell you.

BM gem counts as taking damage and stops recharge.
Burning ground as well, even if you "outregen" it.

Blood Rage is a degen effect, those tend to behave a bit different in many ways.

Right, regen and degen don't cancel each other out, it isn't the same stat. You got a regen and a degen effect on yourself and even though the total may be positive, you're still losing ES, you're just gaining it faster than you're losing it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 3, 2015, 4:39:28 PM
"
raics wrote:
The item is not pointless in itself, the trouble is attack-spell hybrids are pretty pointless

I always wanted to have a sith witch/shadow/scion with arc for AoE, and for ST strikes down her foes with a light saber melee attack.
CoE would be nice, but was too expensive for a fun build that will probably not work out.

Got to browse poe.trade now, that's good news. ;)
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 3, 2015, 4:46:52 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I always wanted to have a sith witch/shadow/scion with arc for AoE, and for ST strikes down her foes with a light saber melee attack.
CoE would be nice, but was too expensive for a fun build that will probably not work out.

Got to browse poe.trade now, that's good news. ;)

Man, I would just love a red MTX for lightning tendrils :)

I was always a fan of attack-spell hybrids too, and CoE was way too expensive for messing around. Fortunately, the item is pretty cheap now, saw it below 20 alchs in temps so I got a few of them back in torment, made a CoMK char so far which turned out pretty good, probably will do some others.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info